TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

USA 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get why people aren't crazy about B&M Hypers, but I think they're the best rides out there for rerideability. It's the perfect intensity where you can just relax and enjoy it for ride after ride after ride.

I get why people aren't crazy about B&M Hypers, but I think they're the best rides out there for rerideability. It's the perfect intensity where you can just relax and enjoy it for ride after ride after ride.

To be honest, I actually find most of them to be pretty lame. In fact, Nitro might be the only one I truly "like a lot." I thought that Behemoth and Apollo are both "ok" as well, but I don't think I've been on any other one that's really blown me away or that I like as much as I like Nitro.

^

For the longest time, my experience with B&M hypers was limited only to Nitro, so I never got it either. Once I began venturing out to new parks and riding other ones (I232, Diamondback, RB), nothing ever lived up to Nitro. I232 was ok, but DB and RB were both pretty weak in my eye. I get now how Nitro is more of an anomaly than anything.

CpIVAS-XEAA54FP.jpg

Our next stop will be spending a few days in New York City! Spoiler Alert! There are no "roller coasters" but we had a whole lot of fun hanging out in the city with friends!

CpI1IB4XgAAVA-h.jpg

CpI1ICNXEAEq_Pv.jpg

CpI1ICNWgAAxTFz.jpg

Back at Chef 28! One of our favorite restaurants in #NYC! Amazing Asian food!

CpI7GQNXgAAuBxd.jpg

CpI7GQdW8AAXvTv.jpg

CpI7GREWAAEptNx.jpg

OMG!!! We just walked into @bakedbymelissa and Garbles was here!!! WTF???!!! It's like a zombie apocalypse nightmare come true!

CpI96JoW8AA4Rfh.jpg

CpI96JoXgAAM4wU.jpg

Making a stop at the original @shakeshack in Madison Square Park! #NYC

CpJP7ZDWEAAdxoG.jpg

Some of our group headed down to @LunaParkNYC tonight to ride the world famous @TheCyclone at Coney Island! #NYC (Ok I lied, there would be *ONE* roller coaster photo! lol)

CpL-YAHWEAAoA2K.jpg

CpL-X_-XgAERjMx.jpg

CpL-YAAXgAATipx.jpg

CpL-YAQXgAA5YSg.jpg

Today we are hanging with @scottspizzatour! Our absolute FAVORITE thing to do in #NYC!

CpMHA0QXEAA-3qC.jpg

Our first stop @scottspizzatour was world famous Lombardi's Pizzeria in #NYC! Go here! It's amazing!

CpL_zBhXEAA9UnF.jpg

CpL_zBiWcAAUtXQ.jpg

CpL_zBiXYAArLhF.jpg

Today we are going to learn all about the history of #pizza in #NYC thanks to @scottspizzatour!

CpMDoBAXEAEJ0GJ.jpg

CpMDoBDXYAExns1.jpg

CpMDoBBWEAAsdqJ.jpg

With @scottspizzatour we get "behind the scenes" of the best pizzerias in #NYC

CpMTqZkXgAACMPC.jpg

CpMTqZjWcAAP8c7.jpg

CpMTqZ7W8AQQtzH.jpg

Scott explains the crazy world of the pizza industry! It's fascinating!

CpMdQ1vWIAAgvxD.jpg

CpMdQ1uWcAAGcjf.jpg

CpMdQ2CWcAAt-KV.jpg

CpMdQ2BWAAUMBfm.jpg

Our next stop on @scottspizzatour was Fiore's in #NYC where we compared a cheese pie to pepperoni.

CpMxtAjWAAIocRv.jpg

CpMxtAjWIAAvmMp.jpg

CpMxtAoWIAAZ1xU.jpg

CpMxtApW8AASUdr.jpg

Fiore's had some amazing #pizza options with a unique oven to cook them in!

CpM2KLHWEAEHBrh.jpg

Scott is testing the heat temperature of my slice to make sure it won't burn the roof of my mouth!

CpM7Ax-XgAEJe6p.jpg

Tom fully approves of the "bonus slice" he had at Fiore's!

CpNBnvJWgAE0cnt.jpg

CpNBnvKXgAAcqVf.jpg

CpNBnvJW8AA2rFv.jpg

Next #pizza stop was John's Pizzeria in #NYC to try a "sauce on top" pie. It was delicious!

CpNKQEQXYAEWPtq.jpg

CpNKQEOWIAAqojz.jpg

Now THAT is a damn good pizza!

CpNNt_CWIAAg17e.jpg

Our #RetroGaming friends may appreciate the #PacMan that Scott made out of this pie!

CpNP2eKXEAA_9Oq.jpg

CpNP2eKXEAEi5K_.jpg

Another amazing time with @scottspizzatour! We highly recommend it when #NYC!

CpNsapXWcAApqTS.jpg

CpNsapXXYAAUUjq.jpg

CpNsarZWAAAYW7Q.jpg

Wandering around #NewYorkCity tonight checking out some famous sights!

CpOGhqNWcAAJTYK.jpg

CpOGhrvXYAAzrTa.jpg

CpOGhseWAAEbDRf.jpg

CpOGh4iWYAAzYbf.jpg

Our evening in #NYC included steak @MJSteakHouseNYC and it was fantastic!

CpRHJ5sWcAANGeV.jpg

CpRHJ5jWgAUGMxG.jpg

#NYC @DisneyStore exclusive #TsumTsum!

CpRSLhdXYAATn92.jpg

CpRSLhUWEAELhtd.jpg

CpRSLhoWIAAvdNG.jpg

Times Square touristy photos? CHECK!

CpRZss4XgAAX1O6.jpg

CpRZstNXgAE28tF.jpg

CpRZstNXgAAiNKR.jpg

CpRZsuBWEAAPEK1.jpg

Today for lunch we are going suck down some balls @MEATBALLERS!

CpRarAqXYAAivsA.jpg

The boys loooooove balls! (Especially Garbles! Look how happy he is to have some balls!)

CpRa4f6WgAAShdX.jpg

Elissa is always happy to have some balls in her mouth!

CpRbS2fXYAAG--G.jpg

Robb will wear this shirt proudly showing off how much he loves balls!

CpRcq0wWYAU--fG.jpg

And that is EXACTLY what I'm planning to do!

CpRdo-yWEAAHKWw.jpg

We are not kidding! GARBLES LOVES BALLS!!!

CpRy-udXYAAWyCn.jpg

CpRy-ueXEAIhAVi.jpg

CpRy-uhWcAAcyCw.jpg

CpRy-u2XgAAiioY.jpg

Hanging out in #CentralPark catching #Pokemon!

CpTL0tWVUAMsuE7.jpg

CpTL0teUAAAJTXa.jpg

CpTL0t-UIAAtviW.jpg

CpTL0t6UIAAXxB2.jpg

Holy crepe! Peanut butter & jelly crepe in Central Park #NYC was just fantastic!

CpTMbM-UkAA00wM.jpg

CpTMbO8UIAATSMW.jpg

CpTMbPiUsAANnQM.jpg

Apple Store heaven!

CpTko7NUMAIjHqF.jpg

CpTko9rUEAAWDnp.jpg

CpTko-DVUAEnYNL.jpg

CpTkpKyUAAAhKnc.jpg

Trying a new place for dinner in #NYC. #Obica Mozzarella Bar and it's just fantastic!

CpVnnVwWYAAKAXa.jpg

Today we are doing "touristy stuff" in #NYC!

CpVuBEuXgAE0kXG.jpg

Guess what? LIBERTY BUTT!!!

CpV-fm9WAAAy3gE.jpg

Hanging out at the #StatueOfLiberty today! (And not the one in Las Vegas!)

CpbxspQWgAA6iY7.jpg

Making an honest effort to do something "cultural" today! @metmuseum #NYC

Cpb1e7aWgAAjKcx.jpg

Cpb1e8pWAAAaQ-B.jpg

Cpb1e_WWAAAyKwA.jpg

You know, the Greeks really did fail at the whole "circumcision" thing, didn't they?

Cpb4cFgWgAAA_eD.jpg

Bellsprout crossing the Delaware...

Cpb8-mpWgAArwem.jpg

Cpb8-oUWcAAgde-.jpg

We are having very "Ferris Bueller" moment right now...

CpcNRbKXEAA3TEt.jpg

Striking a historical pose!

CpcnBwgXgAA_9k2.jpg

Kristen got to meet her favorite author today. @DanGutmanBooks is a super nice guy! Have your kids read his stuff!

Cpc62LIWAAEG2Vz.jpg

Cpc62LKWEAAXIWJ.jpg

Cpc62LaWIAA_Zdv.jpg

Cpc62LfWEAACQXT.jpg

Just sat down in the very front row of @MatildaMusical in #NYC!

Cpdjt4yXYAU8-hf.jpg

Cpdjt5FWEAAcC0E.jpg

Cpdjt5ZWgAAIx4z.jpg

Cpdjt5vWcAA_biK.jpg

Kristen absolutely LOVED @MatildaMusical! Great seeing it on #Broadway!

CpdqSJUXgAAdnd0.jpg

CpdqSJjW8AQEnlI.jpg

CpdqSJlWYAAvsAN.jpg

CpdqSJmXYAEkpvZ.jpg

Just had an amazing backstage tour of Matilda with @geoffardy! Huge THANK YOU! Kristen loved the show!

13891868_10154430437467244_1793745647983610425_n.thumb.jpg.67451a202de2a32c2252d9f8a424570b.jpg

And that wraps up our trip to NYC and our USA trip this year! It was super fun! Thanks to everyone for following along!

Great pix from your NYC stay. To me, NYC is a "theme park" with its very own adventures!

I love that you all found The Meatball Shop location that is right in my neighborhood (looks like you were at the locale on Amsterdam Ave around 81st St?). Even tho I am only 2 avenues away, on West End Av, because the eatery is part of a chain of restaurants, I'd sadly assumed the food would be "meh," but now, reading your raves, I realize that I've missed out on a good thing in my own backyard! Any special suggestions? Favorite 'balls' you might recommend? (The parmesan cream sauce sounds crazy good!)

Here's a fun suggestion for your next visit. If you're in that area again, right across the street from the Meatball Shop, you'll find Luke's Lobster - a casual place that makes the BEST lobster rolls in the city. It's really small inside, so it's fun to take the lobster rolls to Central Park (or Riverside Park) for a gourmet picnic! (And have the peanut butter and jelly crepes for dessert!)

Thanks again for those great pix, reminding me of all the stuff I should be getting out and doing in my own "home park."

P.S. Kudos for getting your backstage tour of Matilda. A VERY excellent adventure!

P.P.S. To those who rode the Cyclone - is it still as wild 'n crazy as ever?!?

Here's a fun suggestion for your next visit. If you're in that area again, right across the street from the Meatball Shop, you'll find Luke's Lobster - a casual place that makes the BEST lobster rolls in the city.

Unfortunately neither one of us eat seafood, so that wouldn't be an option for us. But would recommend to friends that do!

Great pix from your NYC stay. To me, NYC is a "theme park" with its very own adventures!

I love that you all found The Meatball Shop location that is right in my neighborhood (looks like you were at the locale on Amsterdam Ave around 81st St?). Even tho I am only 2 avenues away, on West End Av, because the eatery is part of a chain of restaurants, I'd sadly assumed the food would be "meh," but now, reading your raves, I realize that I've missed out on a good thing in my own backyard! Any special suggestions? Favorite 'balls' you might recommend? (The parmesan cream sauce sounds crazy good!)

Here's a fun suggestion for your next visit. If you're in that area again, right across the street from the Meatball Shop, you'll find Luke's Lobster - a casual place that makes the BEST lobster rolls in the city. It's really small inside, so it's fun to take the lobster rolls to Central Park (or Riverside Park) for a gourmet picnic! (And have the peanut butter and jelly crepes for dessert!)

Thanks again for those great pix, reminding me of all the stuff I should be getting out and doing in my own "home park."

P.S. Kudos for getting your backstage tour of Matilda. A VERY excellent adventure!

Luke's is a cool little restaurant. They only got 6-7 things on the menu, but holy hell are they all awesome! I love the one in Chicago. Shrimp roll FTW!

Just curious, are Lobster Rolls not that common in NYC? I know it's more of a New England thing, but I figured there would be some local place that would beat Luke's out. NYC seems to have everything that would beat out a "chain" type place. Not a knock against Luke's, but I just figured NYC would be diverse enough to have some random "hole in the wall" with an awesome Lobster Roll.

Just curious, are Lobster Rolls not that common in NYC? I know it's more of a New England thing, but I figured there would be some local place that would beat Luke's out. NYC seems to have everything that would beat out a "chain" type place. Not a knock against Luke's, but I just figured NYC would be diverse enough to have some random "hole in the wall" with an awesome Lobster Roll.

Lobster Rolls are not common in New York. When I worked in Manhattan my co-workers said Pearl Oyster Bar was the best. I can't tell you for shore because all the NYC lobster rolls are Maine style and I prefer Connecticut style.

Great report Robb, just realised how much I want to get back to New York! Glad you guys had a good time at Matilda, it's definitely one of my favourite musicals from the last few years. That backstage tour looks awesome!

Love your TRs as always, Robb! About how long is Scott's pizza tour? After seeing a couple NYC visits of yours I want to do the tour really badly! Surprised no appearance from Molly's Cupcakes, did they not make the TR or is Elissa in a cupcake coma?

Love your TRs as always, Robb! About how long is Scott's pizza tour? After seeing a couple NYC visits of yours I want to do the tour really badly! Surprised no appearance from Molly's Cupcakes, did they not make the TR or is Elissa in a cupcake coma?

You know, I'm not sure why I didn't take any pics at Molly's this time around!

Scott's tour is 2-3 hours.

Luke's is a cool little restaurant. They only got 6-7 things on the menu, but holy hell are they all awesome! I love the one in Chicago. Shrimp roll FTW!

Hi RaceBoarder - No...as far as I know, NYC has great "hole-in-the-wall" spots for most anything BUT lobster rolls. As Larrygater said, Pearl's Oyster Bar used to be the THE place to go, but Luke's seems to have won over most NY-ers. The lobster is flown in daily from Maine and they give you heaping pieces. Not chopped up 'salad' - but actual lobster meat - no fillers! Plus it tastes so fresh (and I'm squeamish about "fresh fish!"). I've only been to the Upper West Side location, but I assume the other outlets are equally good. Luke's is probably one of the few chain places I'd recommend in a heartbeat.

Alice

How did our personal trip report turn into a discussion about lobster rolls??? We don't even like lobster rolls!!!

Mea Culpa. Back on track with divine meatballs, super Scott's pizza and peanut butter and jelly crepes. (But not all at one meal).

Alice

These might be stupid questions, but I am most curious about Scott's tours. I checked the website but was just wondering a few things...

When you go on the tour, I assume that it is approximately in the 10-15 person range so that you hopefully don't overflow the restaurants (kinda like brewery tours). It looks like you eat one slice of pizza at each place. Do you get to choose beforehand what types of toppings people want, or do they offer a couple different varieties of their best pizzas and you simply sample one slice from whichever you choose and can opt for the "bonus slice"? It looks like the latter, but I was just curious how that worked.

I also noticed that in a few photos, there were pizza photos taken outdoors. Is that extra that you guys bought, or did you choose to eat or take photos outdoors because the store was so busy?

Also, do most serve beer? I know this is being particular and I could certainly go without if they didn't...but pizza and beer for me is probably the best combo meal on the planet! If most do, then I would probably want to do the bus tour as opposed to walking!

PS - LOVE the Pac Man pizza!!!

I will try to answer the best I can but keep in mind when we do Scott's tour as a group, we usually do a private tour so it's a little different from his normal tour, BUT, we have done his normal tour as well, so....

When you go on the tour, I assume that it is approximately in the 10-15 person range so that you hopefully don't overflow the restaurants (kinda like brewery tours).

This is correct. I think he *might* do 20 at the most, but I'm not sure his exact numbers.

It looks like you eat one slice of pizza at each place. Do you get to choose beforehand what types of toppings people want, or do they offer a couple different varieties of their best pizzas and you simply sample one slice from whichever you choose and can opt for the "bonus slice"? It looks like the latter, but I was just curious how that worked.

The idea of the pizza tour is to compare slices between each place to you stop. So you get 1 slice of cheese pizza to keep everything consistent at each pizzeria. *sometimes* depending on the nature of the tour and where you go, there might be something different that mixes it up (each tour seems to have a personality of it's own), but for the most part, sticking to the basics of the tour, it's one cheese slice per location visited.

I also noticed that in a few photos, there were pizza photos taken outdoors. Is that extra that you guys bought, or did you choose to eat or take photos outdoors because the store was so busy?

Some of the "slice shops" don't actually have indoor seating, or not enough to accommodate the tour group, so you go at it picnic style! It always has worked just fine like this.

Also, do most serve beer? I know this is being particular and I could certainly go without if they didn't...but pizza and beer for me is probably the best combo meal on the planet! If most do, then I would probably want to do the bus tour as opposed to walking!

You're not really at a place long enough to probably enjoy a beer and again the nature of the tour isn't really about drinking. I'm sure if you have some extra time at one of the places you could probably order a beer on the side, but I don't think in any of the tours I've been on I've seen someone do this.

Hope that helps!

I had a really great time with everyone in NYC. Scott's tour was a lot of fun and had lots of great pizza! Also, Obica was amazing, the burrata was so good. I will definitely be going there again the next time I'm in new york.