Photo TR: Boldy's Birthday Bash 2017

Featuring Beer, B&Ms and "Weird" Florida
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Photo TR: Boldy's Birthday Bash 2017

Postby boldikus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:27 pm

I seriously considered the Paratrooper at one point, but then thought if it made me sick and ruined the following day that would be a huge problem. I was feeling good and didn't want to risk f*cking that up. As I got drunker I kept thinking about it but when we walked passed it at the end of the night there was no ride op so I took that as a sign not to do it. :lol: :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:52 pm

boldikus wrote:I seriously considered the Paratrooper at one point, but then thought if it made me sick and ruined the following day that would be a huge problem. I was feeling good and didn't want to risk f*cking that up. As I got drunker I kept thinking about it but when we walked passed it at the end of the night there was no ride op so I took that as a sign not to do it. :lol: :lol:

Honestly, that's the right call. If you went to Fun Spot the last night you were there and didn't ride it I would have probably ripped on you for it but it's not worth it if you're worried your first ever visit to Busch Gardens on your birthday would be ruined because of it. :lol:

And it might have been... because holy sh*t that Paratrooper is ridiculous.

Postby bert425 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:04 pm

prospekt88 wrote:Great update! Fun Spot seems like a great Orlando night cap.

I know what you're thinking and we were too - McDonalds is gross.

Not at all, McDonalds is great.

yeah. .I was gonna say, I don't think Elissa would agree it's "gross" either.

great report, and Fun Spot sounds like the kind of craptastic amazing that we love. . . Nick would have been freakout out over the drunk locals, and i would be chatting with them and making fun of him :)

can't wait to see what you think of BGT!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Great reports! I missed the SeaWorld one until now.

Like everyone else said, the Antarctica ride isn't anything special. The frustrating thing about it is that it has one of the coolest ride systems, but the ride doesn't use it effectively or have much to look at.

I agree on your assessment of Fun Spot's operators. :lol: Actually let me clarify that, I agree on your assessment of the Orlando Fun Spot operators. For whatever reason, the operators at the Kissimmee location were really friendly and outgoing. I actually preferred White Lightning in the back since every seat had great air and the back was noticeably better on the turns.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Just getting caught up! Great story telling, as always. Glad you had a great time in FL!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Ah Drat! Sorry we missed you Boldy. We met up with my parents and sister the day after you were at FunSpot. Saturday was a lot busier. We had a 3 train wait for Freedom Flyer and White Lightning. If there is one thing to prove you are only as old as you want to feel, look no further than my parents. They took 3 rides on FF and 2 on White Lightning. Mind you my father is 85, going on 86, and mom is going to hit 80 next year!!!!
Don't have a lot of pics (we were having too much fun) but here's a few of them enjoying the rides. They hit up most of the major rides such as, Rip Curl, Tilt-a-whirl, Scrambler, the go carts to name a few. It just goes to show, age is a state of mind, and no coaster shall go unconquered !!
IMG_20171202_203111272.jpg
mom and dad
IMG_20171202_204113681.jpg
scram-
IMG_20171202_195015872.jpg
Dad in front, Mom in the back, 1rst time ever to ride a go cart, at 80 !
IMG_20171202_195740802.jpg
Ok Ok, I am the product of those 2.

Postby boldikus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:33 am

Haha how awesome! I am envious. My folks are in their 60s and won't go near any rides even though they are directly responsible for my habit thanks to them dragging me on everything when I was young. I did manage to get my mom (who was nice and buzzed at the time) on Great White @ Moreys a few summers back but now she blames one of her random body pains on that particular ride. Always with the "those days are over, hunny" when I bug them about riding stuff.

With having the Busch passes for this year I'm already trying to convince them to go down to BGW with me sometime this year since I know they'd love the park without even getting on the rides. But I'm not holding my breath.

Postby bert425 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:40 pm

patiently waiting for BGT.. it's been FOUR+ days!!!

:p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:54 pm

^^^ That's really awesome, Mark...so great to see seniors having fun and enjoying themselves no matter what their age - age means nothing as long as you have your health and positive spirit.

I don't think that I have seen Michael smile as much (since his battle with cancer began) as when we were at BGT last Sunday - and he didn't even ride anything!

Postby boldikus » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:11 am

^^ :oops: Sorry, you guys know I am usually quick to post reports but coming back to Xmas insanity has hindered my ability to get this one done. I really want to, BGT was awesome. Still have to go through all the photos and write the majority of the report. I started to, but sometimes it just writes itself and sometimes it doesn't.

After the next three days of work/Xmas parties each day I'll have a quiet Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to get caught up. In the meantime to tide yall over go read and comment on my recent Holiday In the Park report. I went from shorts/t-shirts and 80 degrees to bundled head to toe and literally riding in the snow!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!