Photo TR: Larrygator returns to Europe with TPR

Energylandia
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Photo TR: Larrygator returns to Europe with TPR

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Wonderful report!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:29 am

Quite the vivid imagination you've got there Larry... :p

Thanks for sharing this interesting story! :lol:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 am

Neruogon sounds epic! I will definitely try it whenever I visit. Great reports, Larry!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:19 pm

This is what I did while Larry was in NeuroGen.
C702AF8F-AE58-4A5C-B918-B7935C1C86B4.jpeg
Last edited by cfc on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:20 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:57 am

A.J. wrote:Honestly, the best part of the whole day was Larry's completely serious recounting of the experience to all of us while we were waiting for the park to close. I'm still not sure if anyone actually believed what he was saying at the time.

I 100% believe that Larry's re-telling of the attraction will be better for me in every way than actually experiencing this attraction. Even if it is still there on my next visit I will not do it because I know I would be disappointed after what Larry has built it up in my mind to be!

:lmao: :lol:
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:08 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:23 am

Oh man, Neurogen sounds like something I would absolutely love.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 pm

robbalvey wrote:
A.J. wrote:Honestly, the best part of the whole day was Larry's completely serious recounting of the experience to all of us while we were waiting for the park to close. I'm still not sure if anyone actually believed what he was saying at the time.

I 100% believe that Larry's re-telling of the attraction will be better for me in every way than actually experiencing this attraction. Even if it is still there on my next visit I will not do it because I know I would be disappointed after what Larry has built it up in my mind to be!

:lmao: :lol:

I'll make sure to retell it every time I see you! Anxiously waiting for NeuroGen II
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:54 pm

I'm dying to try NeuroGen

. . . not just for the hairy bartender, but for the big man painted in gold, and the penguins!

or are they one and the same???? oooooooooo. . .Neurogen!

:lol:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:50 pm

Drievliet and Duinrell

The next day was practically a rest day for me. I had been to both parks previously and I only rode two new rides (both at Duinrell). I'd first like to briefly describe Duinrell. Duinrell promotes it self as a Holiday Park, with an amusement park. This was very prevalent on the day we visited as people were not only filling up the campgrounds, cabins and bungalows (Duingalows) but also setting up sites in the amusements area. Apparently it was a special weekend event at Duinrell. For those that don't know camping is a big deal in Holland. I went into a giant sporting goods store in Amsterdam a week earlier and more than 50% of the store was about camping (and ancillary activities around camping).

The amusement ride selection at Duinrell is limited and later I found out, rides are free to anyone Holidaying at Duinrell, so the lines were longer than usual. I didn't even bring my camera into the park as I expected to ride the one new coaster and rest for the remaining 3 hours.

Drievliet was another story. This park crams so much into a tiny area. We were pretty much walked onto each coaster after ERT on Formula X. I found Formula X a little rougher than years ago but still a real fun ride. We tried to unbalance our Twistrix car but I wouldn't spin. Then I tried to enjoy the flat rides. One area of the park that was previously themed to space is now all about the ocean. Also, these tea cups were willing and able to spin.

The park had 5D movie, which I had not seen at any previous parks so I let every know and reminded them of the last showing (I did not want a repeat of everyone missing it after Neurogen). There was sign out front stating the small capacity of the theater and advising people to arrive early, I got there 15 minutes before showtime and got a seat. However, as the theater reached full capacity I saw Erik and Smisty turned away and then another TPR group turned away. I'd love to say how great it was, but only slightly above average with one good jump scare and an interesting way to get wet with water.
20190722_085030.jpg
Don't let the park entrance fool you, there is no Greek or Roman theming. Fuzziness provided by Samsung.
20190722_085725.jpg
The "front" part of the park has a few major Huss rides with a nautical theme.
20190722_085652.jpg
These Huss rides had a "space" theme during my previous visit to the park.
20190722_115226.jpg
At least I think this is a Huss model
20190722_092029.jpg
Formule X is a really fun compact coaster
20190722_085921.jpg
I only rode it twice on this day, as I said earlier I was just very tired this day.
20190722_085806.jpg
These were probably the best spinning tea cups of the trip.
20190722_091433.jpg
A 5D movie, I'm in. I'm really a sucker for these things. I entered the theater 15 minutes before show time and there were only about 10 seats left. I saw others (possibly Erik, Smisty, AJ, Andrew) arrive after I was seated and they were turned away due to capacity.
20190722_105758.jpg
The longest line of the day was for the flume, but I never think it is a good to travel with wet clothes, so I didn't take a chance.
20190722_105024.jpg
Classic dark ride vehicle
20190722_085559.jpg
The park does have play areas for kids.
20190722_085847.jpg
20190722_111150.jpg
20190722_100332.jpg
and slides for everyone to enjoy
20190722_115345.jpg
Both wet and dry
20190722_111355.jpg
There are a decent number of family style flat rides
20190722_110358.jpg
Gold Curse
20190722_111124.jpg
While the theming throughout the park is not complete, many rides have a pirate theme.
20190722_115522.jpg
But the mascot's are as baffling as Untamed's theme. Very open to interpretation. Next we're off to Poland for two (or maybe three) nights.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:05 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Drievliet and Duinrell were both fun parks I remember, in their own way. I liked Duinrell a bit better because all of the park was in the shade with lots of trees. But Drievlet had it's charm too, and especially with Formule-X as it's main coaster to ride. Much fun.

Thanks for the report and photos of these two neat Dutch parks, Larry.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!