Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

P. 75: Plans filed for a B&M in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Postby _koppen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:22 pm

andyuk200523 wrote:The concept art was for a neighbouring car park, the plans were never approved, I do believe they have given up on trying to build on that plot of land. So no inverter anytime soon....

The plans were very much approved, the neighbors to the park got the plans cancelled afterwards.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 pm

_koppen wrote:
andyuk200523 wrote:The concept art was for a neighbouring car park, the plans were never approved, I do believe they have given up on trying to build on that plot of land. So no inverter anytime soon....

The plans were very much approved, the neighbors to the park got the plans cancelled afterwards.

?? If something is approved, how can it then be cancelled afterwards by the neighbours? Surely this is what the planning approval stage is for?
Andrew

Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 am

andyuk200523 wrote:
_koppen wrote:

?? If something is approved, how can it then be cancelled afterwards by the neighbours? Surely this is what the planning approval stage is for?

Because they raised hell about it, witch in the end made the politicians retract the approval.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:22 am

Ahh, ok, that makes some sense....
Andrew

Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:51 am

Is this in the area where the park currently holds concerts, or is it right next to it?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby per2012 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:05 am

Gröna Lund just released a teaser video of their new ride for 2013!

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:00 am

It's now official.
Gröna Lund is getting a 121 meter tall (worlds tallest according to themselves) StarFlyer, and it will be called Eclipse.

Image from Gröna Lund Facebook.

Gröna Lund, comment on Youtube. wrote:Gröna Lund's new ride: THE WORLD'S HIGHEST STARFLYER
On April 27th Gröna Lund, the 130-year-old amusement park in Stockholm, will open their brand new ride -- the world's highest StarFlyer named Eclipse. Located at the waterfront, this 400 foot high StarFlyer will provide a breathtaking ride as you soar high above Stockholm.

What is unique, exciting, new, a great experience, but still suitable for everyone? As Gröna Lund is to celebrate its 130th anniversary they searched high and low for a new
sensational ride. The answer was Eclipse, the first StarFlyer in Sweden, and at 400 feet Eclipse will be the highest StarFlyer in the world.

"We wanted to do something really spectacular for our 130th anniversary, and that's exactly what we've done. Building a sensational ride such as Eclipse to give as a birthday present to all of Gröna Lund's visitors is a dream come true", says Peter Osbeck, ride manager at Gröna Lund.

Eclipse is a truly unique family attraction, with a height requirement of only 47 inches, but with an incredibly high excitement level. The question is not whether guests can handle the ride, but whether they dare to ride it. Eclipse has twelve swings with double seats, which hang from 26 foot long chains. If you ride the attraction at full speed, you reach an impressive 43 miles per hour as you soar high above Stockholm.

"Not everyone will dare to ride it, but those who do will admire a fantastic view across Stockholm, thanks to the waterfront location. Luckily it has double seats, which means that you're not alone up there", says Osbeck.

Facts about Eclipse

Investment: MSEK 50 (USD 7.9 million)
Location at Gröna Lund: Opposite the Main Stage (replaces the ride Extreme)
Total height: 400 feet
Maximum speed: 43 miles/h
Ride time: approx. 2 minutes
Height requirement: 47 inches
Number of swings: 12 swings with two seats on each
Capacity per ride: 24 people
Capacity per hour: 600 people
Weight: 210 ton
Foundation: 700 ton
Number of bolts: 80,000
Manufacturer: Funtime (Austria)

Architecture from former times combined with Steampunk
Eclipse’s design is inspired by architecture from the end of the nineteenth century, and uses
the Eiffel Tower as one of its sources of inspiration, with a color scheme of white and gold.
The theme of the attraction follows the Steampunk style – a mix of nineteenth century
architecture and science fiction with inspiration from Jules Verne and H.G. Wells.

Interview with Gröna Lund CEO, and where the quote above comes from.
Last edited by ernierocker on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:07 am

This is going to have the most amazing view!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:33 am

Looks like the perfect addition for this park.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:38 am

What? They didn't go for a Windseeker? ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!