2018 Theme Park Attendance Report - TEA / AECOM Theme Index

2018's most-attended theme parks in the world!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: 2018 Theme Park Attendance Report - TEA / AECOM Theme In

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am

^Well those numbers certainly add up don't they? :lol:
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 am

Only a 2.6% increase for SFMM wiith 365 operating days? I wonder if they're rethinking that strategy.

Sea World with a crazy resurgence, can't all be attributed to a Sky Rocket II surely??

Will Disneyland top Magic Kingdom in next years report with Star Wars land??

Six Flags flagship parks all flat, though none received any notable attractions in 2018.

Nice to see Cedar Point have an increase after a turbulent start to last summer.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby kenban » Wed May 22, 2019 11:51 am

This report claims Volcano Bay went from 1.5 to 1.725 million. Volcano Bay only opened on May 25th of 2017. So they added almost 5 full months to the schedule and only went up 225 thousand people?

I doubt even the people who wrote this report believes those Sea World gains are accurate, it looks more like a correction because they got the 2017 numbers too low. Because the entire chain was only up 8.5%.
Last edited by kenban on Wed May 22, 2019 10:24 pm.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Wed May 22, 2019 11:57 am

Superbatboy wrote:Only a 2.6% increase for SFMM wiith 365 operating days? I wonder if they're rethinking that strategy.

Sea World with a crazy resurgence, can't all be attributed to a Sky Rocket II surely??

I hope Magic Mountain stays open year round. It is awesome during the week.
People must be finally forgetting about the Blackfish movie?
I love to roam where the wild things are.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Superbatboy wrote:Sea World with a crazy resurgence, can't all be attributed to a Sky Rocket II surely??

Nope. I'm 100% sure that increase is due to idiot people forgetting that five years ago they were mad at SeaWorld for whatever stupid made-up reason they felt was important to them at that time. Now none of it really matters, people have found other things that are "cool to hate", and the parks are doing better.

What a shock that people are fickle and stupid, right? :roll:
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed May 22, 2019 2:36 pm.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 am

I realize they are still in the top 25 but I think this is the 3rd year in a row Everland and Lotte World have decreased with their attendance and they have the biggest two drops of the top 25 parks. It's blamed on less visitors from China but I think that was what was quoted last year as well. Considering how big the population here is and how little competition the big parks have, it's surprising to see how much they rely on Chinese tourists.

Even Everland's water park lost 13% of its attendance, they quote Chinese tourists again but i wonder if it may also be due to more competition from those lake inflatable bouncy courses really taking off as the place to cool off in the summer.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Thu May 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Superbatboy wrote:Only a 2.6% increase for SFMM wiith 365 operating days? I wonder if they're rethinking that strategy.

Not surprising to me. It was Year 1, plus the park did not open a noteworthy attraction last year. We know the SF crowd feeds off of large coasters. The late ride openings + no new record breakers, and I can't see how people are surprised.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu May 23, 2019 11:56 pm

Manic Monte wrote:

Not surprising to me. It was Year 1, plus the park did not open a noteworthy attraction last year. We know the SF crowd feeds off of large coasters. The late ride openings + no new record breakers, and I can't see how people are surprised.

The 2.6% was probably entirely from the added operational days. Can't imagine it's anymore than 1,000-5,000 people on a weekday kids are in school...

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Fri May 24, 2019 5:32 am

Superbatboy wrote:
Will Disneyland top Magic Kingdom in next years report with Star Wars land??

I think there is a good chance. Disneyland might show a 15% increase and it's possible that Hollywood Studios poaches a bit of the Magic Kingdom's attendance when SW lands opens there in August.

In any event, hard to believe that both parks are in the 20M visitors per year numbers.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!