Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loops

How many are left?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby evil cod » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:10 am

Astroworld's goes up for auction today along with other stuff left over from the park, unfortunatly during the deconstruction of the ride the control box went up in flames but the main ride is still ok.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby the_rock401 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:46 am

I've only been on Monty, but that's a blast!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby peteb » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:57 am

A little off topic, but Screamscape says Kobe Portopialand is closing so that looks like another two Schwartzkopfs could be lost.

I rode King Kobra at PKD (old loop style, weight drop) back in 1981 and was just overwhelmed by the power and smoothness of this ride. Unfortunately I don't think management at most parks care about the historical significance or amazing quality of these rides; they're like used cars, throw em out and get a new one. We need someone like Dick Knoebel to pick up a few Schwartzkopfs; he'd preserve them for us.

Scharwzkopf Shuttle Loop Fanatic

Postby pgathriller » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:28 pm

I am also sad that Greazed Lightnin' is in pieces at SFMW. That was my first coaster I ever went on with a loop. I don't know how coaster buisness works to well but couldn't a coaster company like B&M or Intamin make duplicates of Schwartzkopfs shuttle loops? The only reason the Schwartzkopfs shuttle loops are disapearing is because it is so hard to find parts for them now so if B&M or Intamin made some shuttle loops there would be parts for them. It could be the new generation of Shuttle Loops. Also, I know Arrow made some shuttle loops but I don't like them as mush as Schwartzkopfs but how many Arrows are left?

* Lets keep our fingers crossed that the shuttle loop from Astroworld finds a new home!
Yes, I Am Looking Forward To Rattlesnake
Thunderhead Owns
Wisdom Rides Are Maintanence Nightmares
I Hate Coaster Fans That Complain About Everything

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:34 pm

Reading this thread is making me miss the Viper that use to be at SFoG! :cry:

It didn't have any line for it a couple of months before they took it out.

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:54 pm

^Yeah, reading this thread makes me happy that Viper is now located at my home park and still rarely has a wait. :twisted:

That sucks for you though. I remember I was pretty disappointed when I heard it was being taken out of SFOG. I guess it worked out well though. It challenges Chang and Thunder Run for the best ride in the park on it's good days.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nemesis-storm » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:43 am

I can think of one more Schwarzkopf shuttle loop and thats Golden Loop

http://www.rcdb.com/id1168.htm

RCDB states the coaster to be SBNO, as it was going through maintenance. Checking the parks website in the past it did mentioned that this coaster was closed, but there website now states it be open

Robb, this coaster was once at PCW, so you mau if had it there :?:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loops

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Bumping this up, to ask the question, how many of these are left and still running, now?
On page 1 Robb listed the seven he remembers....I realize I have been on five of them!
Actually six, since I did ride Tidal Wave (MsGA) in it's day.

:b
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:24 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:00 pm

That loop design in the most fun you could ever have in a loop, total perfection. Any bigger and you loose the force distribution. The tummy tickle is divine falling out of the loop backwards. Combine that with the most perfect steel coaster trains ever designed. All the bigger, faster, bad-assyer shuttle coasters are awesome, but none are as fun as the Schwarzkopf shuttle loops, ride after ride, year after year.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Bumping this up, to ask the question, how many of these are left and still running, now?
On page 1 Robb listed the seven he remembers....I realize I have been on five of them!
Actually six, since I did ride Tidal Wave (MsGA) in it's day.

:b

There are currently 6 operating, according to RCDB. Four flywheel versions and two weight drop versions.

Flywheel:
Montezooma's Revenge
Shuttle Loop (Nagashima Spa Land)
Cascabel 2.0 (La Feria, Mexico)
Psyche Underground (Walibi Belgium), which has since been refurbished with an LSM system from Gerstlauer

Weight Drop:
Golden Loop (Gold Reef City, South Africa)
Katapul (Hopi Hari, Brazil) - but isn't Hopi Hari struggling a ton? Anyone know if this one is *really* operating?

I do love these rides. Granted, I've only done Monte, but given the POVs from the others, Monte appears to travel the farthest up the rear spike, which is my favorite part of the ride. I hope Knott's keeps this coaster for many more years. It's the last one in the US, very iconic, and barely takes up space.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!