TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Guitar Hero Anyone?

I've picked up this game right when it came out...(well, I preordered it), and I've been playing it since. I'm a huge fan! Songlist is great, it gives a challenge when you get to expert(I FINALLY got 80% on Cowboys from Hell expert), and it's just all around addicting and fun. I know I'm getting GHII soon. Another controller would be nice too.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the second one come Christmas whether I get is as a gift or not. I love the game and am glad the new one has a practice mode so I can actually practice some of the licks. I usually play on expert now (after a pretty good summer learning to play Guitar Hero) but the last set of songs is bleeding impossible, especially Bark at the Moon. Heck that song is damn near impossible on most settings. I also need to figure out timing on hammer ons and offs as I can't do those, oh and strumming in both directions is still not happening. Makes playing on expert a work out on some songs.

I guess I'm a little young, because i have heard of only 2 of the songs on the play list!

Anyway, i played this at JB Hi-Fi one time. Its a good concept, but i think it was done a bit badly. The fact that you couldn't buy left handed guitars (and the fact that i don't have a ps2 ) Lead me to not buy, and not want to buy it.

It was confusing trying to play it left handed, because it meant the buttons were all backwards, and it was really confusing.

Summary: If i had a PS2, i would not buy this.

• 2 weeks later...

It was confusing trying to play it left handed, because it meant the buttons were all backwards, and it was really confusing.

Summary: If i had a PS2, i would not buy this.

You should still get it. In the options menu thre is a "lefty flip" option where you can change the buttons to correspond to how leftys hold the guitar. And it's a damn good game. I got for christmas and it's extremely addicting.

Have it. Beat it (The last two songs are ridiculously difficult on expert...took me a few tries to complete the songs.) Just picked up Guitar Hero II (and the wireless guitar which is garbage by the way) last week and i'm working on Hard now because Easy & Medium is not really a challenge. I love Them Bones, Killing In The Name Of, Less Talk More Rokk & Hangar 18.