TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: The Johnson's Coaster Vacation (2006)

I always assumed those buckles were there so people could practice how to buckle their belts before they get on the ride. Of course thinking about it that way seems kinda silly.

I thought the same thing. It makes sense since so many people can't figure out how to close/open those things.

Great TR Erik, it looks like you guys had a great time on your trip. I look forward to seeing some of your videos.

how about some brief park reviews too Erik, Although I am pretty sure SOTB had the worst operations

What were your favorite parks and such, best thing about each park and worst thing etc.

Good to see you had a great time even despite some rain, looking forward to your videos (are you gonna make a video for each park?)

Great photos again, and thanks for taking the time to post them all

p.s. were you at Knobels on the 10th (Sat.)....if you were I missed you by 1 day I was there on Fri. (lines were not nearly that bad) also did you take pics from the skyride?

JEFF

I always assumed those buckles were there so people could practice how to buckle their belts before they get on the ride. Of course thinking about it that way seems kinda silly.

I thought the same thing. It makes sense since so many people can't figure out how to close/open those things.

Maybe they are there so people can sit on the handrails, and the park doesn't have to worry about them falling off and suing.

Or not.

Blah....Blah....Blah....

Oh....

I mean, great trip report, seriously, I'm just a bit jealous since I have yet to earn a credit outside of our great state.

But one day I hope I will break free.

'Till then I will just have to live vicariously through you, hope you don't mind.

P All " The most exciting thing I did all week was buy my DS Lite!!"

Looks like a great trip! Out of those parks, I've been to Hersheypark, BGW, and SFA. I think the only credits I missed out on were Wild One, Batwing, and Roller Soaker. I'm glad you got a ride on Kingda Ka, after you launched did the thought pop into your mind that the brake fins didn't come up one time? BTW, how exactly does KK's loading work with a ticket?

Hey Eric,

Awesome TR!

It looks like you guys had a great time! My God, you almost doubled your credits. I am jealous though. Kingda Krap was shut down just 3 weeks earlier while I was there. Oh well, there's allways next time.

Take care, see ya in October. I hope.

Looks like a great trip! Out of those parks, I've been to Hersheypark, BGW, and SFA. I think the only credits I missed out on were Wild One, Batwing, and Roller Soaker. I'm glad you got a ride on Kingda Ka, after you launched did the thought pop into your mind that the brake fins didn't come up one time? BTW, how exactly does KK's loading work with a ticket?

When we approached Kingda Ka it was not running yet, but they passed out tickets before we even got in line. We got in line and waited for about 30 more minutes until they tested two trains to make sure everything was ok. They then proceeded to let those already in the queue, who had a ticket, into the loading station. I figure they gave out only a set number of tickets earlier because they did cut off the group after a certain number of people went through. Lucky for us we were on the 5th train that was dispatched, though it looked like the ride was running for a while (we stayed for about another 45mins or so after our ride.) I figure the ticket system helps prevent line jumping etc. Though I am not really sure.

Yes it's for line cutting, the tickets are supposed to go in sequence, so if someone has ticket 503, then the next person has 504 and the next person has 557 and the next person has 505 for example, the person collection the tickets will know that the person with 557 cut in line.

• 4 weeks later...

Good stuff, Erik. You were only about 15 minutes away from my house when you were at BGE. I know what you mean about the ride-ops on Alpengeist; AC seems to have the same problem (I got really sick of hearing the word "reset" while waiting to board a few weeks back). Oh, well--at least Alpie and Appie are great rides.

For some reason, those old Arrows, Nessie and BBW, have great crews who rarely stack up the trains.

^Probably because the area supervisors tend to hang-out more at the Arrow-coaster locations; especially BBW, because it had a/c in the control room). Also, the ride systems were changed where if you 'stacked' the trains on Nessie and BBW an alarm goes off in the control room (and alerts the supervisors now). Just a thought why those crews tend to work harder than AC and Alpie.

Great Trip Reports. Good to see PKD has much cleaner area now (as not the case in earlier years). Looks like the weather held up on most of the reports as well.