TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Just opened for guest and running both trains! Great ride!

Hell yeah! I'm wishing the LR team success, two trains is very promising! Hopefully their confidence will soon raise to full opening soon!

I also love the reviews, if anybody else has anything to say about the ride experience, your posts are very appreciated!

Got to park at opening time and went to LR. Park crowds were light today. They still have the not operating today sign on the door, but an employee told us that it may or may not operate today. They had both trains on this track with first train stopped before the launch hill and other in the station. My family went on and rode Thunderhead, MM, Firechaser and Wild Eagle. It was on Wild Eqgle that we noticed a train full of people launched up. Went to LR right before noon and found both trains testing. After a 15 minute wait, they let a group up to the station. The 2nd train left with no issues. The next train had some dispatch issues and was sent empty.

We boarded on the 3rd train and the launch was much faster than it looks. The speed was crazy! Ejector airtime all through it and never slowed down. I did not have to lap bar too tight which added to the experience.

There was a RMC employee on site and employee training was going on as well. The seats have a seatbelt and lap/foot restraint. Comfortable even during the 90 degree bank turns. Can't wait to ride at night.

How long are we gonna talk about this? We don't need updates every 5 minutes. Look it's running today, look only 1 train,ect.

Umm, it's the biggest coaster of the year, dude. People are posting information about a ride that's on the brink of opening that a LOT of people are super interested in! Real updates are better than arguing over why enthusiasts think the opening is delayed. What would you rather discuss on a coaster forum than real updates on the coaster? Your posts bring absolutely nothing to the conversation - Why don't you leave the moderating to the moderators?

What would you rather discuss on a coaster forum than real updates on the coaster? Your posts bring absolutely nothing to the conversation - Why don't you leave the moderating to the moderators?

THANK YOU! I have noticed over the past few weeks that a handful of posters have been telling others what they should and should not talk about here. If there's a difference of opinion, why not express that and chat it out in a constructive way? Instead, when someone posts something that a few particular users don't like, they're being told to pack up their stuff and leave. I would definitely consider myself a noob on these forums. I chime in here and there when I feel I can add something to the discussion or have a question to ask, but even with my few simple posts I have come away feeling attacked more often than I should. Because of that I'm pretty cautious about posting anything at all now. It's just not worth the trouble.

^And what are you going to do if it's not, come back here and bitch? I trust that you won't, been enough of that in this thread.

i agree on that. and seeing i can get to the park relatively easily and have passes, i dont really care whether its running or not, but i would LOVE to ride it.

How long are we gonna talk about this? We don't need updates every 5 minutes. Look it's running today, look only 1 train,ect.

If you don't want to read people updating the status of Lightning Rod don't click on the thread. I enjoy the updates, keep em coming guys.

Umm, it's the biggest coaster of the year, dude.

Hmm...

- Lightning Rod

- Wildfire

- Taron

I'd say it's "one of the" biggest coasters of the year, not sure I'd call it *THE* biggest coaster of the years. I'm pretty psyched about all three of these equally, tbh.

Umm, it's the biggest coaster of the year, dude.

Hmm...

- Lightning Rod

- Wildfire

- Taron

I'd say it's "one of the" biggest coasters of the year, not sure I'd call it *THE* biggest coaster of the years. I'm pretty psyched about all three of these equally, tbh.

I agree! I suppose I meant it's most anticipated by the primarily American userbase of TPR.

My point was to encourage the people who can update everyone else who isn't there.