TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Off topic , but does anyone live in Pigeon Forge or within vicinity that can tell me what it takes to live there. As far as living costs , job opportunities , housing market good or bad , hospitals , crime rate , etc. If you know of any websites , you could link those as well. I have been wanting to leave Nevada for a couple years and there are a couple places I'm considering moving to but my mind keeps going back to Tennessee for some reason although I have not been there yet , plan on spending a couple weeks there next year to see how I like it. I have already spent two weeks in South Carolina and it is nice but don't really see myself living there.

If this is a RMC dueling launched wooden coaster, I will move to pigeon forge and make the ride my church.

I once imagined a RMC dueling launched coaster whose first element is a giant high-five

Does anyone know when DreamMore will be offering reservations ? They said a few months back that it will be mid-January but I haven't seen any new updates at all.

I haven't seen an announcement but if you are serious about booking you might want to follow this link and join the Founders Club at no charge. From a marketing standpoint they are trying to build a database and for opting into their database you will get some benefits.

http://dreammoreresort.com/foundersclub.html

Be a part of history! Become a member of Dollywood's DreamMoreTM Resort Founders Club, an exclusive community of friends and fans that will share in the excitement and development surrounding Dolly’s first resort!

As a member, you’ll receive exclusive news and information about the resort, access to unique offers, a voice in the development of the resort offerings and a personal booking code for savings once the resort opens! You’ll also stay up-to-date on everything happening at Dollywood, Dollywood’s Splash Country and Dollywood Cabins. Sign up today! Memberships are free, but only available for a limited time!

Founders Club Member Benefits

Personal Booking Code – A code will be given to Founders Club members that provides savings on your room or free room upgrades, based on availability, during select times of the year.

Access to Unique Offers – Founders Club members will be offered advance notice of special packages, events with limited seating or exclusive events just for Founders Club members!

Opening Events – As the resort prepares to open, Founders Club members will be invited to special events. Founders Club members will be in the know about our grand opening events and activities.

Contributor to the Resort Development – Founders Club members will be a private community, and will be asked from time to time to act as a focus group as we finalize our design and offerings. As a member, you can say that you had a part in shaping Dollywood's DreamMore Resort experience!

News and Information – Founders Club members will receive the latest information on the resort as well as Dollywood, Dollywood's Splash Country and Dollywood Cabins.

To become a member, just complete the information on the right! We look forward to sharing and dreaming with you as we create Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort!

I haven't seen an announcement but if you are serious about booking you might want to follow this link and join the Founders Club at no charge. From a marketing standpoint they are trying to build a database and for opting into their database you will get some benefits.

Thanks , I've been a member for awhile and I'm sure there will be an update soon..

Does anyone know when DreamMore will be offering reservations ? They said a few months back that it will be mid-January but I haven't seen any new updates at all.

I've been waiting for this too. I want to know the approximate price point for a night's stay so I can decide if I want to swing for it or just stay in PF. I'm hoping it's not more than $150. I usually cheap out and go for the $60/night hotels with the sponge carpeting.

I've been waiting for this too. I want to know the approximate price point for a night's stay so I can decide if I want to swing for it or just stay in PF. I'm hoping it's not more than $150. I usually cheap out and go for the $60/night hotels with the sponge carpeting.

Lol I'm hoping they have a suite with a 2 person jacuzzi.

I'd say they will have $99/night deals all the time. Most resorts I stay at always have deals for around $99/night during the week or just as promos..

Standard rate would probably be $120 - $150/night which is the average around here for the "resorts"

I normal stay in $60 hotels to though hahaha

Just my guess!

* Nice to finally see the video you've been talking about the past few pages. It definitely looks like a launched coaster, the question now is who might they pick for a manufacturer? People have brought up Mack but I think Premier is probably in play too since I think their coasters are a bit less expensive and still give a good ride.

BTW, your sig seems to ignore TTD, no?

"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

^ correct.

* Nice to finally see the video you've been talking about the past few pages. It definitely looks like a launched coaster, the question now is who might they pick for a manufacturer? People have brought up Mack but I think Premier is probably in play too since I think their coasters are a bit less expensive and still give a good ride.

BTW, your sig seems to ignore TTD, no?

"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

TTD is the exception...it was rumored they will never build a "regular" coaster taller the MF. And that was true with I305 and leviathan. Anyway back on topic...

Remember...dollywood likes the words "first" and "only". Those two will definetly live up two it...I speculate...

Thunderhead - first coaster with a station fly thru (that's not a shuttle)

Timber tower- first topple tower in america...and probably last lol...

Mystery mine - first eurofighter in america only one featuring a 90 degree and beyond 90 degree drop

Wild eagle - first wing rider in america

Firechaser express - first and only coaster with a lift, foward and backward launch

2016- WORLDS first and only (for the foreseeable future)...I have to stop typing, I'm starting to see double. Let's just wait for dollywood to launch some teasers...until then, ride more coasters! Random, I know.

Edited by jarmor