TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Season Tickets for 2017 will go on sale during Smoky Mountain Christmas this year (buy a season ticket during Christmas event this year and use it then and all next year)

Price depends on the version but $100 - $150 without splash country

As for coasters during Christmas, I'd shoot to go in November if you don't want them to close.. late December it usually does get to cold to run the coasters at night.

For those planning trips to Dollywood, keep in mind they are now closed on Tuesday for the next few months.. starting next month they close Tuesday and Thursday

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Season Tickets for 2017 will go on sale during Smoky Mountain Christmas this year (buy a season ticket during Christmas event this year and use it then and all next year)

Price depends on the version but $100 - $150 without splash country

As for coasters during Christmas, I'd shoot to go in November if you don't want them to close.. late December it usually does get to cold to run the coasters at night.

For those planning trips to Dollywood, keep in mind they are now closed on Tuesday for the next few months.. starting next month they close Tuesday and Thursday

Thanks for the info

Hey everyone,

Long time follower. But just never registered. Been a DW passholder since 2011 so I have been to the park one or twice .

IN terms of the ops pushing down on the restraints, Lightning Rod is not the exception at DW. For some reason they are not allowed (or just don't do it) on any coaster. I'm not skinny so I know this for fact.

to answer the season pass question, its usually November 1st or that weekend when you can start getting season passes for 2017. Once the lights go on, Fridays and Saturdays are ridiculously packed. Its pretty common to park in the Splash Country Lots. Shows fill up fast. I try to go mid week if I can.

To open up a can of worms I havent seen discussed... I noticed that the building between the Chicken Lady and the old flooded mine has been torn down. Is this possibly going to be a new dark ride for 2017?

To open up a can of worms I havent seen discussed... I noticed that the building between the Chicken Lady and the old flooded mine has been torn down. Is this possibly going to be a new dark ride for 2017?

Miss Lillian's Chicken House and the Old Flooded Mine ride were not that close to each other. The Flooded Mine Ride was where Daredevil Falls is. Are you referring to the old Inventor's Mansion building that's above the tunnel to the train and County Fair?

Edited by ernierocker

^FYI the odd rows are the first row of each individual car and your seat isn't directly above the wheels, giving a slightly smoother ride. The back row of each car sits right on top of the wheels so you feel the bumps a little bit more.

Thanks for the hot tip Jake!

Miss Lillian's Chicken House and the Old Flooded Mine ride were not that close to each other. The Flooded Mine Ride was where Daredevil Falls is. Are you referring to the old Inventor's Mansion building that's above the tunnel to the train and County Fair?

Most likely that is the location in question. Are there any pictures of the demolition? It must be fairly recent activity, as the building was still intact on my recent August 5th visit. It has been stated by park PR that the old structure would be coming down for a future attraction. If it's for 2017, I will be surprised that Dollywood is ready to make another major investment after the $22,000,000 Lightning Rod addition. I suspect it's being cleared for a 2018 e-ticket and Splash Country will be getting a much needed new attraction in 2017 instead.

When do 2017 Season Passes go on sale?

How much will a regular season pass cost once they go on sale? (Not including Splash Country)

?

For sure after the shutdown to switch over to the holiday season. I usually renew just before Thanksgiving.

They may switch a little sooner, but I know they have changed by then.

The price is usually the current season's rate. So you avoid any increases for next year.

You could always contact them to be sure.They have never balked at answering questions.

Most likely that is the location in question. Are there any pictures of the demolition? It must be fairly recent activity, as the building was still intact on my recent August 5th visit. It has been stated by park PR that the old structure would be coming down for a future attraction. If it's for 2017, I will be surprised that Dollywood is ready to make another major investment after the $22,000,000 Lightning Rod addition. I suspect it's being cleared for a 2018 e-ticket and Splash Country will be getting a much needed new attraction in 2017 instead.

In addition to that, there is a fence put up in the tunnel under Inventor's Mansion (where the mine gift shop used to be) with some signs on it such as "It all started here." (Don't quote me on that, but it says something to that effect). Not sure how long it has been there, but I did not notice it on my last trip the beginning of May.

Looks like a lot of room to grow! You could go all the way to the eagle sanctuary. Not sure of the grading of the land, but it could be a good place for a new family section. They also might have roon for a new park hotel some place on the land , if it goes all the way to the road. Maybe a eagle themed hotel. Who knows????

Screenshot_2016-08-15-20-53-55.thumb.png.ec8eb233066c8c736645364337d76f5b.png

That's odd if it's tore down already.. it was just there last weekend! And the parks been open pretty much constantly.. I'd hate to see that old house go Dollywood won't look the same without it!

But if they tore it down already they must have BIG plans for that area

It's time for a dark ride at Dollywood.. all rumors, including a zoning permit, says that Six Flags is putting in a justice league ride and those are said to be on par with Disney Style dark rides.. so it would be nice if Dollywood could stay on top of the game and get a nice dark ride as well

Hey everyone,

Long time follower. But just never registered. Been a DW passholder since 2011 so I have been to the park one or twice .

IN terms of the ops pushing down on the restraints, Lightning Rod is not the exception at DW. For some reason they are not allowed (or just don't do it) on any coaster. I'm not skinny so I know this for fact.

The op's will assist you in locking your restraints on all other coasters and Barnstormer, LR is the only exception. My ride buddy is of a larger size, he doesn't fit on Mystery Mine, but get's squeezed in on the others by the op's. I do it for him on LR, the whole reason i was pondering why they don't in the first place.

Hey everyone,

The op's will assist you in locking your restraints on all other coasters and Barnstormer, LR is the only exception. My ride buddy is of a larger size, he doesn't fit on Mystery Mine, but get's squeezed in on the others by the op's. I do it for him on LR, the whole reason i was pondering why they don't in the first place.

maybe I'm too fat for them to even try... LOL

Hey everyone,

This has been what I have seen as well.. I have seen all ops on other rides push down the bars if anyone needs help.. just not on LR where they actually say they aren't allowed to help..

I was planning on heading to Splash Country tomorrow but might postpone that trip to Wednesday so that I can also swing by Dollywood and see if the mansion really has been torn down. I just find it hard to believe they would have done it in a week when the park has been open constantly..

Hey everyone,

To ALL references of pushing down restraints. No the ops are not allowed and therefore shouldn't be doing so. If you do please let another host know so that the issue can be resolved. The refusal to push down on restraints expands to all, ALL, rides at Dollywood and it is due to possible injuries that may occur to the host or more importantly the guests. It has happened before. This is why they shouldn't by any means be helping by pushing on the restraints. This is also why there are test seats, especially outside Lightning Rod as the seats are temperamental with whom it is able to accommodate. Please use all the resources given so that issues do not arise after waiting in long lines. Thank you enthusiasts and Dollywood lovers alike. Hope to see you at the park soon!!!

I was planning on heading to Splash Country tomorrow but might postpone that trip to Wednesday so that I can also swing by Dollywood and see if the mansion really has been torn down. I just find it hard to believe they would have done it in a week when the park has been open constantly..

It was down when I went in June.

In addition to that, there is a fence put up in the tunnel under Inventor's Mansion (where the mine gift shop used to be) with some signs on it such as "It all started here." (Don't quote me on that, but it says something to that effect). Not sure how long it has been there, but I did not notice it on my last trip the beginning of May.

Yes, you are correct the sign does say "It all started here." It is on a wall blocking what was an arcade room up to this season. I belive it has been there since the beginning of the year.

Is this indeed a teaser sign? Possibly so. But what exactly all started here? So many possibilities. Could it be hinting to The Imagination Library that started in Sevier County? Is Dollywood ready to build a fully immersive dark ride heavily themed around The Imagination Library where the stories come to life with a unique interactive experience?

^^^ Apparently the Christ of Dollywood has spoken! If you go to Dollywood, you will be helped in by the ride op's on everything except Lightning Rod (unless this policy has changed since Sunday, Aug 14 2016). And if the pak has changed their policy in the past day shame on them for taking a step in the wrong direction. Helping people out is what a family based environment is supposed to embrace. Just listen to what Dolly preaches herself.

Edited by mordecai-75

It would be a great area because all the attention is not really at the tunnel, it's at LR or the other coasters. With what the sign says, I think it could be referring to this. When Dolly opened the park, the ceremony was held around Inventors Mansion (I think that's what it was called) and Dolly stood there.

image.thumb.jpeg.45a8f988810f374f398523b2afbfcd66.jpeg

Yup just announced a racer for Splash County so I can't imagine anything to big going to Dollywood lol

Check email for announcement.. just a quickie announcement his year lol

Are they just converting/replacing their old mat racer like Six Flags White Water did this year? If so, that's a bummer for me because I can already ride this at White Water and I liked how Splash Country had the classic version with the airtime hops still.

It makes sense to upgrade the slide and I'm sure it'll go over well though.