TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^I've ridden it every season since it opened in 2007 and the fire effect has always worked regardless of how hot or cold it was outside the building, so in the past that's not been the case. Its obviously a far better experience when its working properly.

On another note, a friend that visited recently said that he saw the "Closed For Bees" signs being placed on standby near the entrances to the coasters. So expect to deal with this issue again this year....get your coaster rides in early in the morning if possible.

On another note, a friend that visited recently said that he saw the "Closed For Bees" signs being placed on standby near the entrances to the coasters. So expect to deal with this issue again this year....get your coaster rides in early in the morning if possible.

Bear in mind, in years past this issue has only affected Thunderhead and Wild Eagle. Thunderhead has misters atop its lift to help alleviate the issue, but sometimes it gets so bad even that doesn't help. Sound piece of advice here, though. Be sure to get your rides in early in the morning on those two coasters, particularly if it's going to be hot. Typically, it isn't as big an issue during the Summer, but come August and September it will be a daily occurrence, most likely.

As for Mystery Mine's flame, it has been an issue this season thus far. While it now works most of the time, there are times when it doesn't. They are aware of the issue and are trying to get that effect fixed but its tough to do when you have to order custom parts and have already begun daily operation (which makes it very difficult to do in-depth work on anything). But rest assured, Dollywood isn't one of those parks that lets effects stop working, a permanent fix is being worked on.

• 2 weeks later...
While she was there, Katy and her dancers rode the Wild Eagle, the Tennessee Tornado, and Thunderhead. She even stayed to watch the fireworks.

While in the park, the pop princess ate at Aunt Granny's buffet. Perry tweeted she "tore up" Dollywood's turkey legs and barbecue.

http://www.wbir.com/story/life/people/2014/06/27/katy-perry-visits-dollywood/11454729/

She had mentioned in an interview I saw a few months ago that she was going to make time to come to Dollywood when she was on her tour...and she did.

Wow. That sucks. I missed her by 1 day! I'm at Dollywood right now, and the rain has caused the closure of all outdoor attractions. Hopefully everything will open back up soon! Already got my ride on thunderhead, which I really enjoyed. It was my first time riding it, since last time I was at the park it had ice on it. Still have yet to do Firechaser express. Will ride it once the rain clears.

I'll be at the park on Monday, July 21st. Does anyone have any tips for a first timer at Dollywood? How will the lines be on a Monday in July?

Most importantly... does the park serve beer?

Thanks.

Interesting of her to mention this at her post-Glastonbury concert press conference...

Dolly Parton could be bringing Glastonbury to Tennessee, as she teases plans to host her own music festival at her Dollywood Theme Park.

The country superstar stormed the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury over the weekend, drawing in the biggest crowd of the 2014 event as she belted out her classic hits.

And now she's had a taste of festival life, the Jolene singer has hinted she'd love to organise her very own event back home.

''I have a lotta land up near east Tennessee, and we do a lot of festivals through my Dollywood company. I've often thought I might start my own festival in Tennessee, or maybe I'll get some good pointers from this one," she told media at a press conference after her Worthy Farm set.

The 68-year-old pointed out she could ask Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis for some advice:

"I think I'm going to do that - Michael can give me some tips. Why wouldn't I want something like this?''

It sounds like the pint-sized singer has got the festival bug, as she revealed that her set to thousands of revellers was a once in a lifetime experience: "I'm so excited to be part of this whole thing. I'm just a country girl, and now I feel like a rock star."

source: www.entertainmentwise.com/news/153792/Dolly-Parton-Planning-To-Launch-Her-Own-Dollywood-Festival-Following-Glastonbury-Success

Here are a bunch of pictures that were taken at the park this past Saturday. This was my second time at the park, and my visit was actually jus decided spring of the moment. I had no idea that I would be visiting the park until about an hour before I actually went! I was just passing through pigeon forge to get back home, and realized I had time to spare to hit this park up! This was a Great visit, and I finally was able to get the 3 credits I missed last time; thunderhead, Firechaser, and sideshow spin. Sideshow spin actually ended up being my 80th credit! Woo hoo!

image.thumb.jpg.6f8e621ae181d5f5d972903048b5ad70.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c10fcb11f9f2eae788ad36fb2c10872c.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.cf896040a214ed34df891c2270790e73.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e012f672ad30406937bd3c637fee9681.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.ab7c71272f4056e3535004dde062f8ab.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5a43f0e330651fdff37a2100210b5b08.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.3fcc6a356ff07122b99bf8e4d9cca6eb.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.383e1208b2f249d22267b275d49ba9ba.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.8bed63ab8470a3344d9948e681f15a0a.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.afeac8a7bdb5b3fbe93d402340e64e07.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.0ec7f310c541a38979224130cdbd0abc.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.aea8541070cbb39cce80524150e10b23.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.3b05720afa698e51ce2cdcb5f0591b1b.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.eb4f0c84794bfb9dc0b1484915a1921a.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5d7dc733db50e145594d1738a6b48e07.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.2c5729639100044d8b36a4af3b9f9295.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.9186f2b24719c9ec445ec713a44a6c82.jpg

I'll be at the park on Monday, July 21st. Does anyone have any tips for a first timer at Dollywood? How will the lines be on a Monday in July?

Most importantly... does the park serve beer?

Thanks.

Not entirely sure about how the lines will be. I'd say that the earlier you get there the better off you will be though because I believe a good portion of people will be coming in later to take advantage of the after dark rides and fireworks. I do know that they do not serve any alcohol in the park though.

Hello Dollywood experts

I'm on a road trip and will be visiting the park tomorrow. It's been over a decade since the last time I was there. I have a couple of questions:

1. Do they have single rider lines?

2. Has anyone here used their Q2Q system? It seems surprisingly cheap (only $20 for tomorrow), so does it have some limitations I'm not seeing? Or can you reserve multiple rides at the same time?

^Dollywood's Q2Q is a deal. I always get it when I go to the park. Unless it's dead or I am with Alana's father. In which case he has an ADA card, and uses a rental Little Rascal.

The way their's works is, you can start your queing time for your next ride as soon as you are checked in on your current ride. But while you are getting the Q2Q, you can reserve all your show times immediately.

It's a really great deal. They often sell out.

Hey guys, I don't hang around here too often anymore, but I am finding myself in need of some advice and pointers as I make my first trip to Dollywood next month. We're staying in Pigeon Forge Saturday Aug 16th through Tuesday the 19th. My two choices for days to go to the park are Sunday or Monday. I'm assuming Monday would be less crowded and the better option? Also, how busy is the park this time of year and what are the lines like? Should I look into getting a Q-Bot? Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Just read some of the previous posts and had some questions answered, anything would be great though!