TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flashback at SFMM Re-Opening???

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares. It's worth it if Flashback is open again. Now I just hope that they either get rid of the OTSRs or the lapbars.

I'm pretty sure Six Flags or your local safety authority wouldn't allow the ride to operate without a restraint of some sort.

Sounds like good news that Flashback will be coming back though. Although I wish the thing would get a repaint.

it would be impossible for them to take off the OTSR's because if they did, the stupid people at the ends of the train will get their hands chpped off. the reastraints are designed to keep your hands IN the train. now the lap bars, i'm not 100% sure if they can or not. but if they put them on in the first place, there must be a reason. although some of you like to think otherwise, six flags doesn't have meeting where the subject is: "how to make guests more uncomfortable"

I think they should take both restraints out, and add OTSRs that go down to your waist, and still keep your hands inside the train like Zonga. The only thing I hated about Flashback were the restraints that pushed your stomach in, no matter how skinny you were.

Melt it down and build a Euro Fighter.

I agree, can't believe they're going to waste their limited resources to bring this pile operational. So totally not worth it, one of the roughest craptacular POS's ever, total complete waste. If anything, I'd rather they spend their resources on restoring Revolution to it's former glory than on this pile.

I'm all for coaster preservation and all, but this suckarse ride lacks any redeeming value whatsoever. Unless you get off on being whacked repeatably on the sides of your head by a crowbar for 1 1/2 minutes.

To me the big news of this thread is that Metro is being restored!

i think its true.

i hear the operations manger keep running his mouth about flashback and how its going to re-open in the next year but i will not belive it untill im on that train.

~Chris"wishing he could ride flashback 1 more time"-O

Every year I worked there (2001-2003) Sky Tower and Metro allegedly had a budget to open. They even worked on Sky Tower to get one elevator running and used to cycle Metro once a day (or so I was told...never saw it myself). But as I'm sure you noticed...neither of them ever opened. Depending on who you asked, the money was never there to open them to begin with or the money that would have gone to opening them up was used elsewhere.

They're only listed as being under refurbishment because they aren't gone from the park, so for budget/record keeping purposes they are listed as down due to refurbishment. Flashbacks reason for being down will probably change to 'safety' when Hurricane Harbor opens. It's just an excuse. Don't count on seeing either of those rides opening again.

P.S.: I'm suprised you can hear Kevin Casey blabbing about anything over his techno music.

good to see flashback might be back...

I saw on there that Psyclone is up for a rehab.... i hope and pray that by rehab they mean... bulldoze.

i feel like sutch an outcast because i love psyclone, flashback, and viper.

Cheers. I think they're all good, solid rides. But to be perfectly frank, I've kind of noticed that the majority of the people who seem to hate those rides are part of the, ahem, older crowd.[My grandmother totally ruined our last trip, whining all day about her busted colostomy bag after we rode Psyclone. Gosh, Grandma, give it a rest. We heard you the first time.] I don't blame them, of course. When I have an aching back and other "older people" problems, I doubt very much that I'm going to enjoy the rides that give me headaches and practically break my hips.

I don't much understand the somewhat childish stance most of them have to take on those rides; leave the rough-coaster-riding to the "saucy youngsters" like myself, and appreciate what the rides do for the park, like, uhm.... Lowering the wait times for the more popular newfangled smooth coasters? [/shrug]

Now I feel like eating Werthers Originals, watching CBS, and writing angry letters to City Hall about the poor state of the flag flying outside of my local Sav-On.

<--This is my "Please don't pelt me with bottles of Centrum Silver, I'm only being facetious!" face.

Well, maybe that Shapiro is in charge and trying to make this park a more friendly place, Flashback might open. I mean, we are almost sure that Sky Tower is opening in the next couple of months, same with Freefall, why not Flashback. I mean, I hear people complaining about this ride, but I even hear more about bringing it back. They probably just have to do some cleaning up, and the ride will be open. But, we'll just wait and see.

---Brent

They probably just have to do some cleaning up, and the ride will be open.

Yeah, its not that simple... they need to either update the trains, or build new ones, and i believe it was mentioned above that it also needs a new contro panel as well....

I'm actually surprised this thread is still going. Absolutely NOWHERE has there been any sign or mention of Flashback returning to service this year or any year.

And if it were to be a "Shaprio" thing, IMO all the guy would have to do is take one ride on it, or hell, talk to someone who took a ride on it to know it's better to bulldoze the damn thing than to re-open it!

IMO, the reason why SFMM hasn't been touting the whole "more coasters than any other park" which this season, technically they would have BEATEN the record (not just tied it like in previous years) because Flashback can't be, and won't be counted.

The ride is toast. At least in my opinion. You can always re-live it through our POVs!

--Robb