TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who bought Rayman Raving Rabbids With their system?

It isn't the best game on the Wii and will soon be outclassed in every respect by Wario Ware, but I can't help but keep playing it. even though I've beaten it twice over. The rabbids have quickly become one of my favorite game characters of all time. Besides the fact that they are quite often hilarious, there is just something about them that makes be want to come back time and again to kick the little suckers into the soccer goal, slam them on the head with a shovel, and fire a plunger into their face. I can't help but love to abuse these guys, it never gets old, or at least hasn't yet.

I have it. Played it for about 30 minutes tonight. Did you ever play the DS version? It's definitely better than the DS version, but pretty much exactly the same missions and story.

The controls work amazing!

I never played the DS version so I think that i'll be up for some fun on christmas day

^I was planning to, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just going to be a select few in a state other than CA...

I'll call my best buy and see how many they'll be selling, so I can get there early enough to finally get one!

Can anyone confirm that Targets or Best Buys are getting Wiis on Sunday?

I can, because I just got mine from Target about an hour ago! I camped out from 10:30-8:00, me and my friends were first in line and there were about 40 people lined up by 5am, and only 15 Wii's were available! So Im pretty happy, but I cant play it untill Christmas which sucks....

Colin"needs sleeeeeep"C

Wow. I just can't believe that people still have to camp out to get a Wii. I was hoping Nintendo was going to have a successful/popular console with the Wii, but am still flabbergasted by the popularity of it this season. Yay Nintendo!

Also, it makes me glad I preordered back in October, I don't have the patience to wait outside of a store overnight.

So being the sneaky brat that I am, I opened and played my Wii for about 15 minutes. I was pretty much amazed, it was awsome! Only problem was that I was playing close to my christmas tree, and the lights on it kept messing up the connection between the Wiimote and the sensor bar, due to the LED thingies. But after two loooooooong updates, I put everything back like I found it and hid it back on my mom's bed. Tell her and I will slay you.

Colin C

I got some good news and some bad news to share with all you Wii users out there: First, here's the bad. I took my Wii to my aunts for a Christmas Party yesterday and many had never heard of the Wii until Friday's news about the recall. First questions I heard was "Is that the system that people have been destroying their TV's with?" and "Oh...Nintendo's recalling the straps..." Second to that, my dad found an interesting read about the Wii epidemic, which could be found here.

Basically, there's a class action lawsuit about people being stupid and chucking wiimotes at their TV's. Funny thing is, that the only TVs I see getting destroyed are the hi-def/plasma/lcd TV's. No standard CRT TV's have gotten harmed from what I saw. (Wouldn't it be funny if a bunch of Sony employees were hired on to take on the task of purchasing a Wii, and destroy their TVs and surrounding objects just to give bad publicity for Nintendo?)

Now, the great news: I got 4 replacement straps on it's way (Like everyone else) and my Wii survived the Xmas party. Adults and kids alike from maybe 5 years up to who knows tried it out. No slippage of anykind happened, no broken straps. Even my 3 year old neice grabbed my wiimote and swing it around without the strap and had a good grip on it.

Anyone get the Wii yesterday? I was lucky enough to get one. The Toys R Us had over 100 of them. I woke up at 6:30 and went, and when I got there, there was a HUGE line of cars. People thought they were going to put the tickets on the cars, and use that as a line. When 8:00 came around, they ended up not doing that. Alot of people decided to sit in the cars, so they missed out. I was lucky to get one, I was 80 in line. And I also managed to get a wiimote, since someone was paying for it, and they decided they didn't want it anymore, so I got it. I am glad I got one, since it was spur of the moment to go try, and I didn't even know about the shipment until the night before from someone else.

I got some good news and some bad news to share with all you Wii users out there: First, here's the bad. I took my Wii to my aunts for a Christmas Party yesterday and many had never heard of the Wii until Friday's news about the recall. First questions I heard was "Is that the system that people have been destroying their TV's with?" and "Oh...Nintendo's recalling the straps..." Second to that, my dad found an interesting read about the Wii epidemic, which could be found here.

You know what they say, any press is good press. Honestly, I know some people that have become interested in the Wii because of these incidents, and intrest is key.

Im glad to see Nintendo is reacting quickly with a solution. I can only wonder if Sony would react similarly if their strapless Sixaxis controllers were to end up damaging TVs as well.

I was going to hold off on getting a Wii, But seeing the Warioware game changed my mind

-Imhotep

I just have a little question about the wii, I don't know if this has been posted, but, for example, in the mii section, do you point your wiimote directly at what you want, or can you, like, point it at the ground moving it like it was pointed at the screen? I hope that makes sense to you. Just imagine Metroid Prime Hunters' controls.