TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Nintendo Wii Discussion Thread

robb 2 things 1. you can make your own sensor bar. Theres many tutorials on how to do it and its not even expensive. 2. there is a wireless sensor bar out there I just dont remember who made it or where to get it. Although I can find it easily.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

robb 2 things 1. you can make your own sensor bar. Theres many tutorials on how to do it and its not even expensive.

That will never be something the "mass market" audience will do. Heck, I don't even think my boss, who is hardcore into his home theater would even want to do that.

Just because you CAN doesn't mean people WILL.

But it's something that should be out there....

--Robb

Im hoping I get the USB plug for xmas still, my mom asked me for stuff and i suggested it and told her about it. when she went to get one she asked if they had it, I guess they didnt but the guy tried to tell her theres no such thing and you NEED an ethernet cable for Wii to go online so it confused her...

Playing Super Mario Brothers and Toe Jam & Earl as we speak!!!

Now I know that Mario has been around on the emulators forever, but I gotta say, it's awesome playing it with the remote which when on it's side is so similar to the original NES controller!

Yay for Virtual Console!!!

I'm typing this on my Wii right now. Wow this is strange and slow going.

On a side note I agree with Elissa that Rayman is the game to get. But beware it is insanely hard to close the outhouse doors in one of the minigames.

My sister was playing Rayman yesturday and she found out the trick to do it.

Don't hit the door itself to close it, hit the doorframe on the side the door opens away from.

Works much better, but doesn't really make any sense...

That will never be something the "mass market" audience will do. Heck, I don't even think my boss, who is hardcore into his home theater would even want to do that.

Just because you CAN doesn't mean people WILL.

But it's something that should be out there....

--Robb

It is out there....

http://www.wirelesssensorbar.com/

Also, I don't know if it would be a good idea or not but I think it would be cool to have a Wii Sports achievements thread!

Finally got to play the Wii today.

Wii Sports: Kick ass. Golf, Bowling and Baseball are my fav's.

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam: So far, very fun. Great use of the WiiMote.

Monkey Ball Banana Blitz: So far, just okay. Again, I think once we get used to the controls it will be better.

Red Steel: Didn't get a chance to play it too much today, but it was cool so far. Looking forward to playing it more.

Virtual Console: Downloaded Super Mario Bros and me and Josh had a blast playing.

I am abesolutely loving my Wii!

Wii Sports is amazing. I like boxing, bowling, and tennis the best. If only tennis had music, it would be even better. Zelda is mind blowing to me. I am an hour and a half in and I am already hooked. I love the sword fighting in it. No more button mashing!

It is just so much more than I thought it would be!

Monkey Ball Banana Blitz: So far, just okay. Again, I think once we get used to the controls it will be better.

Nope. It pretty much blows. The main game is "ok" but it's only single player and the mini games are totally hit and miss. You'd be better off trading it in for Rayman if you want a game with good multi-player mini games.

--Robb

Anyone got Excite Truck? So far, I'm loving this game as it involves a coaster nerd's favorite thing: Airtime!

Oh yea...earlier, I got my aunt who's basically played Gameboy and NES to try the Wii...doing Monkey Balls and Bowling. It was a blast watching all of us have a great time not destroying our TV with how hard we were throwing the balls. It was also a blast watching my aunt (She doesn't drive) play Excite Truck....thru the trees, off the off-road course, and thru more trees...and finally back on track. Pretty fun I must say. And what's with the "Happy Quanza" I recieved earlier?