TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Coaster at SFOG

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. both wood coasters at SFOG suck ass.. GASM is soo lame and has 0 air.. and Cyclonbe has that "5th drop" oh boy.. I rode it in the backseta my firts ride and was hands free and all.. and felt nothing.. Riverside Cyclones first drop yanks you A LOT MORE!

top 3 SFOG coasters....

MB - yay lapbar looper... and a fun layout..

GS - Yay super twisted Stand-Up goodness..

NINJA - I didnt get bangged at all.. and LOVED the ride...

For all the negative criticism ive heard about Ninja, I actually quite like the ride. Its a fun ride, although not my favorite.

The Georgia Scorcher is a blast. Its a short ride, but the stand-up element makes it 10x more exciting than it would be if it was a regular steel coaster.

I think I would vote for Scorcher...simply because the woodies don't seem to be consistent. I mean, they're very good, but they seem to have on and off days/seasons.

Elissa "Mindbender is also pretty awesome" Alvey

I say anything designed by B&M or Schwarzkopf is the best ride, they are all so good it is hard for me to pick. If I had a gun held to my head I'd probably lean towards Scorcher because it is such a great ride, and this is coming from a person that is not and never has been a "stand up" fan.

I disagree about their wood sucking though. Cyclone is rough, but in a fun way, and GASM is a real blast in the back seat. Plenty of air there!

Rough doesnt bug me.. But overall the "cyclone" layout I dont think is that great....

and I sat in the very last seat on GASM with a highbar and loose belt and didnt feel anything.... I was so pissed off with it I didnt even go back on... I went on GASM once.. and I went on Ninja... 12-13 times.........

Without a doubt, I think Scorcher is the best standup built to date. It's layout is great, and just enough (unlike it's bigger brothers Chang, Riddlers's and Mantis, which seem to try too hard). It's my second favorite coaster at SFOG, close behind Mind Bender.

We made our first trip to SFOG last summer. Mindbender was far and away my favorite coaster. I also really liked Superman and Georgia Cyclone. Loved the Parachute Drop and Haunted House. Mine train was fun as well. Park had an overall feel similar to PKI for me. SFOG was the most enjoyable Six Flag's park I've attended. Would highly recommend staying in one of the hotels near the main gate. We stayed in the Sleep Inn and it was nice to go back to the hotel to relax in the afternoon. There are about four hotels closer to the enterance of the park than the parking lot.

Take it easy,

DAC