TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Article on the Six Flags "No Readmission" Rumor

SF America:

PARK RE-ENTRY: If you wish to leave the park and return on the same day, you MUST have your hand stamped at the exit. If you leave the park grounds via your vehicle, retain your parking ticket for same day re-admittance.

Great Adventure:

When leaving, get your hand stamped before you exit and re-enter through the Same Day Re-Entry Gate. Season Passes are not transferable.

Im not seeing any other parks that people mentioned with this. Maybe they have overturned their decision?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as of 6:30pm EST today, none of the SF park's websites park policies page mentions anything about no re-entry. In fact, all of them state what its always been, handstamps, season pass not transferrable, no coolers allowed in park, etc. Appears Motley Fool may have been the fool, thus making Six Flags the fool with their article, and as a result, all is well again.

At least this means I can still leave SFOG to get chinese food with my Q-bot buddy

I agree that this policy is real bad. If it were true, it seems that he has already recinded it. However, I also agree with Robb on the fact that when I leave a park. It is usualy pretty permanent anyway. So I don't realy care about that policy.

Besides, what are the picnic areas for inside the park, or for that matter, how about the picnic area in the middle of the parking lot at MM. Oooo! They could use it for more rides. That would be a prime spot for dueling 200ft Screaming Squirrels. Think about it. Two Screaming Squrrels that were aimed directly at each other. Just as you were headed for a collision with the opposite car it would swoop down inverting you whilst narrowly missing the on comming car. That would be awesome!

Anyway, I digress. Most 6F parks have a picnic area... wait! That's probably the land that he keeps talking about selling off. good call Snyder, good call!

Re-entry policy.

Guy "No re-entry BAD! Dueling Screaming Squirrels GOOD!" Koepp

Don't you typically need to be inside the park to spend money?

Doesn't make sense to deny paying customers access to your other more lucrative sources of revenue.

"Sorry sir, you're not aloud back in to buy $200 worth of merchandise for your screaming kids".

If it were an issue of parking I would say it was fine. If you leave the park you have to pay to park again. What bugs me is that I have been known to nap during the day or go get or drop off camera equipment that I refuse to put in a locker throughout the day.

If they want to discourage leaving to eat, then by all means I see no problem with making you pay to park a second time...but to not allow you to go to your car, that would be really bad.

Hopefully they will keep the policy they went back to after the backlash.

^The idea is to force them to stay inside, thus, they are always around your sources of revenue.

Which will piss people off and while you may get those visitors money that time, they WONT be return visitors if they arent SP holders. So in the long run you get screwed.

SF America:

PARK RE-ENTRY: If you wish to leave the park and return on the same day, you MUST have your hand stamped at the exit. If you leave the park grounds via your vehicle, retain your parking ticket for same day re-admittance.

Great Adventure:

When leaving, get your hand stamped before you exit and re-enter through the Same Day Re-Entry Gate. Season Passes are not transferable.

Im not seeing any other parks that people mentioned with this. Maybe they have overturned their decision?

Holy crap! They changed it back. What did this last for? Two hours.

I feel sorry for the people who went into the park today and couldn't get back in if they left to go eat.

--Robb "Oh, wait...." Alvey

From GAInsider.com:

I give a huge thanks to Kristin Siepeneicher for answering my email so fast. She has answered some questions I know some of you have about the new re-entry policy.

"At Six Flags Great Adventure, Theme/Safari combination tickets, 3-Park tickets, Theme/Safari season passes and 3-Park season passes do allow for same-day exiting and re-entry."

"We will not allow re-entry with single-park tickets (i.e. Theme Park only, Safari only, or Harbor only) or Hurricane Harbor-only season passes. Restricting re-entry is a standard practice for most entertainment venues, including concerts and sporting events. As a guest at our parks, you can attest that they are well attended. By allowing guests to re-enter the park on a same-day visit, we limit the number of guests that may visit on any single day during the season. We have become accustomed to saving space and we simply can't do that anymore. Our parks are near capacity in the heat of summer and we have to manage that demand. We must manage capacity for the guests that are at our front gate and want to come in and enjoy the park not for those who might come back."

What it sounds like (to me) is this...

Say a park's capacity is 30,000. They fill up on a busy summer day and say 2,000 leave during the day for whatever reasons. Thats 2,000 more people they can let in and charge admission for.

OK.. their theology makes sense to me now, sorry if everyone else understood why they were doing it unlike me. Not that I agree with it but I understand the logic..

Continue your bitching

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but at Disneyland in 2004 around Christmas they thought the park might reach capacity. They warned us that if it did, they wouldn't let anybody into the park, even if you had been in earlier in the day, until the crowds eased. Not quite the same as no re-entry but it's how Disney handles the capacity problem

I think the big difference between a concert/sporting event and a park visit is that the first two are only 2-3 hours in duration, usually at night (when it's cooler), often indoors (where it's air=conditioned), and are almost always seated events. Compaire this to a day at the park, which is hot, mostly standing/walking, and usually of longer duration. I'll admit that I don't have any data on what the length of an average guest visit is, but I'm thinking it's much more than two hours. Someone might want to retreat to their car for a break from the crowds. Guess that won't be happening any more.

I don't know about this capacity thing. When I worked at Hersheypark, they did occasionally have to close the park to guests, but it was a pretty rare, happening maybe two times a season. Other than the Disney parks during holiday times/special events, is there a park that has to close their gates more than five times in a year, if that often?

I think this is all about making sure you buy $10 bugers and $4 drinks. Ah well, I visit one or two SF parks a year, so I guess it won't really bother me very much...

dt

I just had a interesting thought. If the new Goliath rollercoaster @6FoG goes out of the park, crosses the street then comes back in. Snyder can then charge the people getting off the train a second re entry admission.

This man is genious beyond reason.

Guy "It madness I tells ya... Madness!" Koepp

I just had a interesting thought. If the new Goliath rollercoaster @6FoG goes out of the park, crosses the street then comes back in. Snyder can then charge the people getting off the train a second re entry admission.

This man is genious beyond reason.

Guy "It madness I tells ya... Madness!" Koepp

looks like someone had that thought a tad bit earlier than ya guy!