TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

@BeemerBoy That is one of the best comments I have ever read (the spoiler part).

I keep on checking out this thread, but there are no really exciting pictures. With Leviathan, Verbolten, SkyRush, Swarm, Wodan etc. we had close up pictures, all we have here are pictures from really far away. Nothing really to get excited about.

It's very difficult to take a good picture of a construction in this park, just because of the management. They don't allow us to do almost anything... well I said that a lot of pages before.

Also, talking about the coaster, there aren't so many changes, but I would like to share some pics.

I put them in links and not directly, for those who don't want to see the little changes of everyday.

http://www.pa-community.com/public/pictures/03/3b/c3f4ed5d787a04f2d451963fe4b6/th720_DSCF0789_1328209990.JPG

http://www.pa-community.com/public/pictures/bc/18/cb5cf97cd2237886a1c73ccffd07/th720_recre_1328212761.jpg

http://www.pa-community.com/public/pictures/d5/67/f9ef762587247ec227e8fb25b8e6/th720_DSCF0772_1328209657.JPG

And remember that this is with my best intentions, as all who do the same.

Good thing people seem to "cool down" a bit. Anyway, any reader here who would be interested in daily updates can just surf to the 2 websites those pictures come from, which I automatically do when I log on. This is not against TPR since TPR has plenty of other threads about all kinds of coasters being built right now beside Shamby. When you see the progress in the last week, I'm sure in 10 days from now, a good update will be worth it, since supports seem to have appeared everywhere, so now the most difficult part (lift) has been assembled, it will probably accelerate the same way Oz'Iris accelerated, after a very slow start too. (same RCS team)

Hello guys!

I apologize if the amount of photos is too big that is causing some headaches I'll reduce the photo update to show only the new things.

Even with this, if some one think's still too many images, please, be free to tell it. Thank you, I just hope that these photos just make enjoyment and not a problem.

I won't post pics because of no real progress, but the sites from which the previous pictures come has some new pics of Shambhala from another angle, which give a good perspective of the height of the lift hill and of how tall the 3rd camelback (so normally before the splash-pool) are going to be. Those give me a wOw effect. This small update shows how the station has started erection

^ For those who want's to enjoy a different angle of shambhala construction.

More photos can be found here!

Station building

About colours, I think that finally it was a good decision to paint Dragon Khan with more vivid colours, as the contrast with the cold colours of Shambhala make more diferences between two rides.

Edited by Dj-Javixxxxx

Usually I hate it when rides are on top of rides (eg Levaithan teabagging Dragon Fire) but in this case it looks great! However its a shame they had to place an awesome ride on top of the parks current star attraction, dwarfing it. Though that may work to get people who are intimidated by Dragon Khan hyped up that theres another, even bigger monster being built.

^I'm the complete opposite with this one. I usually love rides on top of rides, but not in this case. I love rises that interact and play off each other but I think the scale difference between this and Khan just ruins that interplay.

Seeing these pictures all I think I poor Khan.

I didn't realize that the station platform and lift hill approach would be so high off of the ground.

First Leviathan towering over Dragon Fire, now Shambhala towering over Dragon Khan, what's next? Is Marineland going to build some massive coaster that completely craps over Dragon Mountain?

Is Marineland going to build some massive coaster that completely craps over Dragon Mountain?

Don't you think they should actually finish Dragon Mountain first???

^Beat me to it

I think we have nothing to worry about there. It took years to build Topple Tower after all. Plus their next big attraction is that aquarium.

I hear where Moose is coming from and agree. Sure, we could say that it's just the lift hill, but the supports from that alone is all it takes to dominate anything under it. Grona Lund, on the other hand, seems to have done it right. You still get a great view and experience on each ride. They're more extensions of each other.