TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The Justice League replacement for Scooby was strongly rumored to have happened this year instead of Tsunami Soaker. It is the one and only rumor about 2015 I have heard about, I figured that since there is construcion happening at SFOT for something inside a building that the ride was moved there instead of here. If the Justice League ride is the plan for next year, then Scooby would have to close sometime soon, to gut the building for a complete change of everything.

The Justice League replacement for Scooby was strongly rumored to have happened this year instead of Tsunami Soaker. It is the one and only rumor about 2015 I have heard about, I figured that since there is construcion happening at SFOT for something inside a building that the ride was moved there instead of here. If the Justice League ride is the plan for next year, then Scooby would have to close sometime soon, to gut the building for a complete change of everything.

Honestly, a Justice League dark ride would be the best new addition to the park in years. Hoping this is what is coming in 2015. But Scooby-Doo would need to close before Fright Fest in order for this to happen.

Prediction: it won't happen

I honestly don't think this is gonna happen. I'll believe it when I see it, i'll say that. I'm expecting a flat ride. We saw 2 in the Six Flags chain last year. Great escape and la ronde. I easily think that Six Flags St Louis is gonna receive something similar.

Prediction: it won't happen

I honestly don't think this is gonna happen. I'll believe it when I see it, i'll say that. I'm expecting a flat ride. We saw 2 in the Six Flags chain last year. Great escape and la ronde. I easily think that Six Flags St Louis is gonna receive something similar.

Especially since they don't have a Frisbee or Top Spin. I'd bet on a Top Spin since A Frisbee would be a little too similar to Xcalibur

New for 2015: Stand up trains for the mine train.........

They did that in the 70's, didnt turn out so well for 1 lady....

The Rail Blazer II: Revenge of the Attorneys

It was actually the early 1980s.

As far as i am concerned, if they are not ready to make a serious coaster addition in the light of whatever HW is going to add, they would be best to either fix some of the run down parts of the park, add a meaningful flat, fix some prior mistakes (Moon Car layout and location). This way when they do add a meaningful coaster it will increase the impact of the new ride by having everything look as nice as possible, running at top condition, etc will help to resolve the image that I hear many of the GP say that the park "feels old." It would be more effective anyhow to add when no other park in the area is making a new addition so it can stand out, but I hope that SF corporate is planning on addressing our parks need for a signature steel coaster that is something other than an Iron redefinition of a wooden coaster.

If they go this route, it would be after looking at what it appears SF corporate will be doing, their upcoming RMC transformation will be on classic wooden coasters. Considering the attendance on the Screamin' Eagle and the Boss, we might be more likely to see an Iron or Steel Eagle. Honestly, with the steel transformations SFOT NTAG, SFFT Iron Rattler, and the even more local RMCs Outlaw Run and Goliath, I think they should consider going a different direction than this. While I am sure that RMC with the help of Alan Schilke can continue to outdo themselves (considering especially how I was not impressed with the NTAG but was thoroughly blown away by the Outlaw Run), the problem that I can see is that due to it being surrounded by these existing offerings, it is going to have to do so much more to stand out than it would be for either SFNE or SFMM (assuming that this is what will replace their retiring coasters) where an RMC coaster does not currently exist. If it fails to match or beat the Outlaw Run, Goliath, let alone NTAG, and Iron Rattler, why would anyone who lives half way between these parks choose to go to SFSTL anymore than just once to try it out initally?

In my view, SFSTL needs something different to stand out when they eventually are given a new coaster. A flyer would not be the most effective addition given that SFGAm already has one and the feedback seems to be that that only flyer that has any enthusiasm is Tatsu not to mention that they have lower attendance due to how long it takes to load them. Flyers sound and look more fun than they actually are. With X-Flight, Wild Eagle, and Gatekeeper not being that far away, I would also stay away from adding one of those. Depending on what HW is going to add, I would say depending on their budget that the most effective coasters SF should look at either adding a B&M Dive coaster, Intamin Hyper or Giga or Maverick type, or S&S 4D Free Spin or Free Fly X.

New for 2015: Stand up trains for the mine train.........

They did that in the 70's, didnt turn out so well for 1 lady....

The Rail Blazer II: Revenge of the Attorneys

It was actually the early 1980s.

We know this... but thanks?

considering especially how I was not impressed with the NTAG but was thoroughly blown away by the Outlaw Run

No offense, but the steel coaster polls (Golden Ticket/Mitch Hawker- #6 in GT/#2 in MH) tend to disagree with your opinion on NTAG. Perhaps your not a airtime person?

considering especially how I was not impressed with the NTAG but was thoroughly blown away by the Outlaw Run

No offense, but the steel coaster polls (Golden Ticket/Mitch Hawker- #6 in GT/#2 in MH) tend to disagree with your opinion on NTAG. Perhaps your not a airtime person?

I am an airtime person and I didn't feel much of anything on it. The Outlaw Run on the other hand was outstanding. While polls have their place, my experience on rides and polls are sometimes different and in time after a ride is no longer new, the polls provide a more accurate answer to how the ride really is. For instance, the Timber Wolf was very highly rated for years in polls like these in the 1990s and I was never impressed with it back then and am I not now where it lands more accurately very low on the list.

When I pressed Dave Roemer on this, he said that he thought that Scooby "was still a workable ride" in its current state. With him also saying that the next renovation would see the boats leaving, it doesn't make sense for them to keep rehabbing the boats if it's gonna close soon. After operating at half capacity last year and receiving a lot of boat fixes over the off season, it doesn't make too much financial sense. They've even been continuing rehabs this month.

I am an airtime person and I didn't feel much of anything on it. The Outlaw Run on the other hand was outstanding. While polls have their place, my experience on rides and polls are sometimes different and in time after a ride is no longer new, the polls provide a more accurate answer to how the ride really is. For instance, the Timber Wolf was very highly rated for years in polls like these in the 1990s and I was never impressed with it back then and am I not now where it lands more accurately very low on the list.

While I've never rode NTAG, I find it hard to believe that Robb would lie in the TPR video when they counted about 14 moments of what looked like extreme airtime. Maybe you caught it on a bad day?