TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ I believe the unlimited drink wristband is now $4.99.

Thanks. I was getting worried, I am a thirsty man.

Any chance they will improve the refill situation at hurricane ? It can take 20-30 minutes sometimes. I would say that is my biggest complaint about the whole park.

Have not been yet this year and I am so ready. Probably more than my kids. Been going since I was to small to ride the coasters. I remember shedding a lot of tears every time I got turned down. I think hitting those fold out iron bars was the biggest rite of passage as a child.

^ I believe the unlimited drink wristband is now $4.99.

Thanks. I was getting worried, I am a thirsty man.

Any chance they will improve the refill situation at hurricane ? It can take 20-30 minutes sometimes. I would say that is my biggest complaint about the whole park.

Have not been yet this year and I am so ready. Probably more than my kids. Been going since I was to small to ride the coasters. I remember shedding a lot of tears every time I got turned down. I think hitting those fold out iron bars was the biggest rite of passage as a child.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple Freestyle machinew added to HH. I believe at least 4-5 were added on the regular park side. The self service drinks should be much quicker.

If anyone makes it out to the park this week, the construction fences have been removed around Tsunami Soaker everyone to get up close and personal with the ride. Make sure you get a good feel for the water cannons, so that you can be ready to get your maximum soak on starting May 23rd for season pass previews. Remember, everyone can enjoy the ride May 24th!

Have a Six Flags Day!

Just got off the Boss. The roughest and most uncomfortable ride I've ever had on ANY roller coaster.

Iron Boss needs to happen soon.

I have the number for a good chiropractor if you need it.

Bit late, but the Little Coaster Dude and I hit the park on Sat. the 10th. I have no idea what event was going on, but the park was crowded to the point there was a 30 minute wait to ride Ninja. I can't even tell you the last time I saw the queue being used. maybe a decade or so ago?

Processing of our Season Passes was the easiest I've experienced, well, ever. Nice job, SFSL!

Anyway, we skipped everything but The Boss, and Mr. Freeze, as my 9YO is now 57" tall versus 53" last Summer. Being his first time on Freeze, I was actually asked to "hold onto my lap bar" as we were preparing for the launch. Halfway thru, the look on his face told me this was a mistake, and I was concerned that he might have lost his coaster obsession in a span of 30 seconds. As we dropped back into the station and stopped, I asked him if he was ok, fully expecting to be canceling our trip to Cedar Point later in the Summer.

"Dad.... that was.... AWESOME!!!! Mr. Freeze is my new favorite ride!"

Crisis averted. Trip to Ohio is still a go. Wife none too pleased... but that's another story.

Moving onto the Boss, after running back around to ride Mr. Freeze two more times, we encountered one train running. Next in line for our seats on the first car, the crew decided to pull the weights out of train two. Holy crap, these operators were the SLOOOOOOWWWWWEEESSSSTTT in history. I don't want to bag on the health issues facing our nation's youth, but there was not a single operator who looked like they had exercised a day in their life. Kids should not be that out of shape at that age... or ANY age... and the crowds in line were practically begging to help them move the weights to their respective storage bins. It was a very sad sight. I should know, because we got to watch them grunt and sweat for 15 minutes. FIFTEEN! That said, I've always been one of the biggest defenders of 'The Boss,' and sitting in the front car has always guaranteed me an enjoyable ride. Holy S**tsnacks... was I wrong on this day. I never left the ride in the past NOT wanting to hop right back on. My arms and shoulders were still sore a full two days later from trying to brace myself, and I'm a completely buff dude who spends his free time in the gym looking at himself in the mirror. That all changed last weekend. Maybe things will "smooth out" as the season progresses, or as the track heats up. I don't know, because I'm not a fracking expert, ok?! I just love coasters, and know what I like. All I DO know is that my kid will have to drag me back on this weekend, because he feels no pain, and he's insane. He's NINE! Stupid youth.

We did try the new Sports Bar for lunch, and the BBQ, while not Pappy's, was better than the crap they feed you at Rib City, so a plus for me as a BBQ lover. The pretzel bun is a nice change from the "Texass Toast" most joints serve with their BBQ. Stick with fries as a side, because the "side salad" was about the size of an infant's fist. Not that I've eaten an infant's fist. Just a size comparison... sheesh! Weirdos.

There are quite a few more Coke Freestyle machines placed around the park this year for fat little brats, and their sad excuses for parents to steal from with water cups, as we dummies who bought plastic cups for 15 bucks wait patiently for them to die of complications due to diabetes. Side note. Kids ARE getting fatter. When I graduated in '96 (GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!) I remember ONE chubby girl in a class of 300. Now, kids from 11? 12? and up are walking around with cottage cheese oozing out from the back of their shorts, and muffin tops spilling out over their Hello Kitty belts. WTF happened? Do parents even care? What the heck are they eating, and when do they stop for air? Sorry. Rant over.

We left soon after lunch as every ride from Shazam --> Log Flume --> American Thunder --> EXIT was jam packed with riders waiting in line. Benefits of a Season Pass, ya know?

Just got off the Boss. The roughest and most uncomfortable ride I've ever had on ANY roller coaster.

Iron Boss needs to happen soon.

Boss is temperamental, sometimes you get a great ride, other times you walk away and never ride it again for the rest of the day. The two times I rode it this season it wasn't too bad. It felt smoother than last season. You must have caught her on a bad day.

I know the Boss is a rough and wild ride. But this ride was by far the worst ride I've ever had on it. Normally I ride with my hands up, but I had to grip the handrails super hard today.

In other six flags news the center piece of Tsunami has been installed (it's a buoy with a pelican on top) Also last minute painting is being done before media day. The facade near the ride looks like it has some work done to it so it might be getting changed or updated soon. Everything is coming together, only a few more days.

Any pictures?

Kids ARE getting fatter. When I graduated in '96 (GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!) I remember ONE chubby girl in a class of 300. Now, kids from 11? 12? and up are walking around with cottage cheese oozing out from the back of their shorts, and muffin tops spilling out over their Hello Kitty belts. WTF happened? Do parents even care? What the heck are they eating, and when do they stop for air? Sorry. Rant over.

This is true. You're fine talking about it. It's coaster related, since the increasing amount of over weight people seems to be messing with dispatch times. There are more and more instances where operators have to force restraints closed or people have to take the walk of shame, which takes time. The world is getting fatter and it's losing its perception about what a normal person should look like. Hell, I get called "Skinny" by fat people all the time, and I'm in shape and exactly where I should be on the body mass index.

Hello everyone!

With any questions that have to do with tickets, passes, memberships, etc please call our Guest Information Service to be sure to receive completely accurate information.

Everything is case by case, and I do not want employees trying to have to answer questions especially about ticketing here anymore to ensure right information. Of course, you can always call with other questions as well. Thanks!

636-938-5300

That would be really nice if they answered the line or returned messages. I have left two now with no response.

Hello everyone!

With any questions that have to do with tickets, passes, memberships, etc please call our Guest Information Service to be sure to receive completely accurate information.

Everything is case by case, and I do not want employees trying to have to answer questions especially about ticketing here anymore to ensure right information. Of course, you can always call with other questions as well. Thanks!

636-938-5300

That would be really nice if they answered the line or returned messages. I have left two now with no response.

They are busy finding all the nails which are flying loose from The Boss

There are severe problems with sixflags.com, when it comes to tickets, passes, membership and a lot of other things with the website, so there are likely a lot of calls being made as to why things don't work, which is probably why you are getting no response.

Nah. They are probably stuck in a really long line at HH trying to get a drink refill while the margarita technician gets more ice.

Snce Guest Relations is predisposed for the foreseeable future is it permissible to ask questions here ?

There are severe problems with sixflags.com, when it comes to tickets, passes, membership and a lot of other things with the website, so there are likely a lot of calls being made as to why things don't work, which is probably why you are getting no response.

This is surprising to hear. I purchased my pass, parking, and my kid's pass on Saturday morning, two hours before the park opened. Printed them out, strolled up to the gate, and within 10 minutes, we had our new passes in hand. What am I missing?

Nah. They are probably stuck in a really long line at HH trying to get a drink refill while the margarita technician gets more ice.

Snce Guest Relations is predisposed for the foreseeable future is it permissible to ask questions here ?[/quote

You can certainly ask questions here.