TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Because those Season Pass holders might end up like me... cancelling the pass and using that cash to take the family on Road Trips to KI, Holiday World, or WOF. My family got bored with the park and that is the honest truth.

As a season pass holder to cedar fair, I keep renewing because of the Capitol investments. If the parks I goto stopped adding major rides or update their parks then I would stop going. Hell SFSTL is only 30 mins from me, but I would rather drive 6 hours to KI or 9 hours to Cedar Point because they put money into the park and I, as a consumer, can see that happening.

Yes SFSTL has added a few things, but there is a lot of other things they could do to make me want to go there more. I have been here for 4 years, only have been 5-7 times as a patron.

For me: Capitol investment then attendance will come. That does not mean adding a $25 million dollar ride, it means making aesthetics better, adding a certain genre of ride, adding a major ride. I think we will see this change more, it seems to me that SFSTL has been getting more focus by the company, but it still needs a little more.

Just got back from our first visit of the year. Arrived just about 10:30 and left about 2 pm.

Just a few observations:

Crowds were light.

New ride really seems misplaced, thinks maybe it should have been in between HH and the regular park.

Boomerang down.

SE-one train

Boss-one train?? Really long line, skipped it.

Freeze-two trains

Lots more Coke Freestyle machines

The new JB's BBQ and Sports!! Completely un Six Flags like.

Ordered the Kryptonite drink at JB's almost knocked my wife and I on our rear ends. Pretty potent. $10 drink, WORTH IT!

Work study employees do not need to be on the front lines!

Lastly as a smoker, they removed at least one smoking area and another one was labeled as "Vaping Area", but everyone was smoking in it. Stop changing smoking/moving smoking areas. This can only lead to people smoking in non-designated areas of the park.

Overall Not a bad visit for early in the year.

Because those Season Pass holders might end up like me... cancelling the pass and using that cash to take the family on Road Trips to KI, Holiday World, or WOF. My family got bored with the park and that is the honest truth.

I really think this is a poor argument, because how far does $240 go for a family road trip, barely covers two nights in a decent hotel. We went to Chicago for a long weekend last year to go to SFGA and probably spent $1000 and that was without park admission since we have SF passes.

I really think this is a poor argument, because how far does $240 go for a family road trip, barely covers two nights in a decent hotel. We went to Chicago for a long weekend last year to go to SFGA and probably spent $1000 and that was without park admission since we have SF passes.

I don't think it is that poor of an argument. It is showing that a family will start saving and traveling to different parks if their home park starts to leave them in the dust (not saying this is happening to SFSTL it is just a statement).

Instead of buying 4 season passes to SFSTL they use that money to go to a "memorable" park that the family can talk about for years to come. For me that was a Cedar Point trip for other it is Disney or other parks.

Went to Six Flags St. Louis today as well... pretty much the same as theymitbgi said except that Boss was running two trains by the time I went over to it. Its been a while since I have been there and was surprised to see the new fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policies. They dont allow any items in line for the mine train but they do for Mr. Freeze? Seriously? SkyScreamer broke down while I was in line but it was a quick fix. Luckily for me everybody else did not realize this and got out of line I have to agree with theymitbgi that the new employees should not have been operating the rides. Two operators were fighting over who should do what while loading Xcalibur. Overall the ride lines seemed to move slower with all of the problems. I talked to one of the employees by Rush Street Flyer and he said that none of the workers have been trained to operate Boomerang this year. That could cause some issues Lastly, Tsunami Soaker is looking good! I happen to think that it does blend in with the harbor setting, though it has too large of a footprint to be where it is. It would have had plenty of room in other locations around the park. I may post a Photo TR this week so keep an eye out!

I went out there today and it was not a good experience. No one seemed to want to be there doing their jobs. When I worked out there a long time ago I couldn't wait to go to work. Now it seems like the kids that work there are acting like they are forced to be there. This goes for the ride ops and the food service staff.

Its been a while since I have been there and was surprised to see the new fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policies. They dont allow any items in line for the mine train but they do for Mr. Freeze? Seriously?

Now, I'm not saying that I endorse the Loose Article Program, but I can explain the reasoning here. (LAP is actually an old SF policy that was abandoned at the corporate level, but SFStL continues to abide by it.) One of the problems LAP is supposed to fix is theft. Since River King Mine Train usually runs with more than one train, leaving your items on the platform makes it very easy for riders on another train to take your things. Since Mr. Freeze is a shuttle, no one has access to your items while you are out on the track, therefore the theft risk is minimal.

Loose Article Program caused a ton of problems, mainly upset guests. People just won't learn that you don't NEED a bag while you're in the park. (Medically necessary items can be marked by Guest Relations and are allowed in the lines.) If everyone ditched their loose items, theft would be reduced and rides would load faster.

I'm at the park now, and the operations today were ok. They kept running every other train on Boss empty, Freeze, AT, Eagle were running one train, and loading was a bit slow. That being said, luckily the park isn't too crowded. Also, the whole pass processing at the gate wasn't bad, but I can imagine that the whole ordeal slows down the line when the park gets pretty busy. When I get home I'll post pics of the new sports bar, and Tsunami Soaker if I have a chance to get down to that end of the park.

I'm at the park now, and the operations today were ok. They kept running every other train on Boss empty, Freeze, AT, Eagle were running one train, and loading was a bit slow. That being said, luckily the park isn't too crowded. Also, the whole pass processing at the gate wasn't bad, but I can imagine that the whole ordeal slows down the line when the park gets pretty busy. When I get home I'll post pics of the new sports bar, and Tsunami Soaker if I have a chance to get down to that end of the park.

Just out of curiosity what cell prodiver do you have? I tried to upload a picture to FB yesterday while at the park and couldn't do it. Seems like cell service throughout the park sucks for us.

Just out of curiosity what cell prodiver do you have? I tried to upload a picture to FB yesterday while at the park and couldn't do it. Seems like cell service throughout the park sucks for us.

I'm on Sprint. Miraculously, I found some 4G at the Boss station.

@piedude81 Will you be able to post the pictures from the park tonight?

Here ya go. I was with my Dad and little sister, so I didn't get a chance to go over to the Tsunami Soaker and take pics, but from what I saw from Skyscreamer, it looks quite nice. Sorry I don't have much, but here's some pics from the new bar/grill (I apologize for the bad pics, I was in a hurry to get a ride on Mr. Freeze).

My notes from my trip today:

Boss was only running one train. According to a staff member, there wasn't enough people to justify two trains, but the 35 minute wait in the station says otherwise. With my abundance of time waiting, I timed the time between dispatches. It was appx. 4 minutes between dispatches, so 24 people (I think that's how many are per train) every four minutes resulted in awful capacity.

Freeze was also only running one train, but could have done with two easily. Wait was about 20 minutes, so not too bad overall. For some reason, the ride felt a lot rougher than in past years.

Boomerang was down still. Not that I really cared, but my little sister wanted to ride it.

Screaming Eagle and American Thunder were down to one train operations. Screaming Eagle was fine with one train, but one train took 5 minutes to dispatch from the station. I think it was only a 15 minute wait by the time we rode @ 3pm. American Thunder would have benefited from a second train, but I'm also really impatient, so....

I also rode the Mine Train, which was one of the few coasters in the park running two trains. The ride felt a bit smoother than it did last year, but that's just my opinion. By far the shortest wait in the park.

On to pictures!

20140420_140635.thumb.jpg.078a9c14a7b278c2f75296978f6d8a58.jpg

Overview of the whole sports bar.

20140420_140648.thumb.jpg.b47886612a9497d4dfd69cf7b9be9f19.jpg

Coke Freestyle machines in the back (that's $90,000 wasted on something that's not a coaster!)

20140420_140656.thumb.jpg.ca94f587fde30a87de410a40484a2033.jpg

Poor quality picture of the menu

20140420_140705.thumb.jpg.f580bc1b2517d84bba824136b67f9bdb.jpg

The employees were changing the 5-6 TVs to what the customers requested. Pretty cool IMO.

Any of tsunami soaker?

Sorry, but no. I intended to get down there, but my little sister had other plans, and my Dad wanted to get out of the park by 5. Sorry! Also, I saw HWFan at the park when we upgraded to the season parking pass. He was super awesome, and his crew did a pretty good job getting everybody through the line! I forgot to say hi, but hopefully I'll run into you next time I'm there.

The food at the sports bar is terrible. I will not eat there again. The pulled pork was gross, the pretzel bun was hard and cold and the salad I ordered was old lettuce. Their fries are horrendous. Nice try with the sports bar but terrible execution.

Also, I saw HWFan at the park when we upgraded to the season parking pass. He was super awesome, and his crew did a pretty good job getting everybody through the line! I forgot to say hi, but hopefully I'll run into you next time I'm there.

I'm glad you had a good experience. We love getting people back out into the park ASAP!

Speaking of season passes, the buy 4 passes and get a parking pass free discount has been extended until June 15th if anyone is still interested.

Also, there seems to have been a few complaints and compliments posted here about things in the park thus far in the season. While you are typing all of your feedback up online here, if you want it to be taken into account by park management and didn't stop by guest relations, go ahead and submit it online with as much detail (especially names, dates, or times) as you can remember. Guest feedback is the best way for us to improve the park. A lot of employees deeply care about the park and our guests, so your comments are not just thrown away or sitting on a hard drive. Even if it seems trivial, we love hearing from you....the good and the bad.

https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/plan-your-visit/contact-us