TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

I wish everyone would realize that this ride wasn't built to be an airtime machine but instead to reach ridiculously high speeds and to simulate riding in an F1 car. Last time I checked, they don't have any airtime either.

Ding ding ding!

This looks like a great ride for positive Gs.

I wish everyone would realize that this ride wasn't built to be an airtime machine but instead to reach ridiculously high speeds and to simulate riding in an F1 car. Last time I checked, they don't have any airtime either.

Nor do they have lots of hills or seriously banked turns. Clearly, they also wanted a rollercoaster experience or they would've called it the "worlds fastest F1 simulator".

As a coaster, I just can't get excited about this.

I guess it just amazes me that there can be such pure disappointment in this ride. The prospect of launching to 150mph is enough to sell me, really. And this is more of a "roller coaster experience" than something like Top Thrill Dragster, which I'm sure has less airtime than this thing*. And not all "roller coaster experiences" have significant amounts of airtime.

*Of course, I can't make sure a statement accurately because I have never ridden Formula Rossa myself, in person, flesh and blood.

I guess it just amazes me that there can be such pure disappointment in this ride. The prospect of launching to 150mph is enough to sell me, really.

I think where the disappointment comes in is that we've all been hyped up over the prospect of "world's fastest coaster" for quite some time now and then we find out that you're at the record-breaking speed for a very, very, short time before hitting a slew of trims.

I think that there would be widespread disappointment to find that any new coaster is trimmed to death before it even opens, but to hype it as the world's fastest and then slow it WAY down right after it gets up speed is beyond disappointing, it's sacrilege.

Also, those huge sweeping turns make it look like the thing is designed to run at full speed. Too bad it doesn't.

The biggest disappointment I have in this ride is that there is so far away and expensive for the majority of our members to be able to ride. Which means, the ratio of pointless bitching about a ride you never have ridden will GREATLY outnumber the opinions of those who have actually ridden it.

The biggest disappointment I have in this ride is that there is so far away and expensive for the majority of our members to be able to ride. Which means, the ratio of pointless bitching about a ride you never have ridden will GREATLY outnumber the opinions of those who have actually ridden it.

Amen.

It looks awesome. But sadly I'm not sure when I will ever ride it.

I think that there would be widespread disappointment to find that any new coaster is trimmed to death before it even opens, but to hype it as the world's fastest and then slow it WAY down right after it gets up speed is beyond disappointing, it's sacrilege.

How long does KK hold its top speed? TTD?

Honestly, how long did everyone think they were gonna travel near 150mph? If it were anywhere near what the majority of folks thought it'd be like, the damn thing would have to stretch to Dubai.

I guess it just amazes me that there can be such pure disappointment in this ride. The prospect of launching to 150mph is enough to sell me, really.

I think where the disappointment comes in is that we've all been hyped up over the prospect of "world's fastest coaster" for quite some time now and then we find out that you're at the record-breaking speed for a very, very, short time before hitting a slew of trims.

Also, those huge sweeping turns make it look like the thing is designed to run at full speed. Too bad it doesn't.

I thought everybody knew it was going to be trimmed before it opened...? Interesting how the speculation seems to have begun after people see videos of it in action. People don't seem to realize that faster coasters have to be larger. If a train is traveling at 100mph, a 4g turn would have around a 160ft radius, which is actually pretty huge. If it wasn't trimmed, we'd probably see a lot if I305 type of things happening. That's just what you get when you are dealing with these kinds of speeds.

Also, I don't see why trims automatically equals evil...sometimes rides are just designed to have trims in them. Maverick is only at 70mph for a brief amount of time, and I never hear anyone complaining about it. The hill near the end of I305 always had trims on it, and no one ever said the ride sucked because of it. Even after the trimmed the drop, people were still in awe. And if you're disappointed that it only goes at top speed for a short amount of time, look at the other strata coasters. (^)TTD and KK are only at top speed for maybe 1 or 2 seconds. They don't hit an army of trims, they just hit a huge tower instead. Not to mention that if they hadn't designed trims into the ride, the accommodating track would be quite expensive and would require a lot more property which FW does not have.

How long does KK hold its top speed? TTD?

Honestly, how long did everyone think they were gonna travel near 150mph? If it were anywhere near what the majority of folks thought it'd be like, the damn thing would have to stretch to Dubai.

I guess a lot of people believe that if it goes 150 mph, it might as well use its 150 miles per hour. Kindga Ka and Top Thrill Dragster (as well as a good deal of other launch coasters) use their speed to launch up a top hat, where as this hits right into trims. It seems like they designed it for the purpose of a fun launch coaster, and decided after the designs were finalized that they could go for the top speed record.

(^)TTD and KK are only at top speed for maybe 1 or 2 seconds. They don't hit an army of trims, they just hit a huge tower instead. Not to mention that if they hadn't designed trims into the ride, the accommodating track would be quite expensive and would require a lot more property which FW does not have.

Yeah, that was pretty much meant to be a rhetorical question.