TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

Cleaning the rocks of Big Thunder Mountain...

CbbEgjHXEAALc05.thumb.jpg.8589de26def644ea26da16b90317f8fa.jpg

CbbEf9kXIAARlrY.thumb.jpg.14964da274fcb388f80823675648d2ac.jpg

A building being constructed to house equipment for the new finale effects:

CbbFM78WcAAzviB.thumb.jpg.a5b93fc83291ed8198483717a2be1c25.jpg

Skull Rock and the Robinson Treehouse are also closed for refurbishments:

CbbCN2FWcAArgc7.thumb.jpg.03330239d80f43f8c7c3ec2a233f4660.jpg

CbbCLuoXEAAvpIp.thumb.jpg.312677ce3e26263db24f82ba4c41da7f.jpg

Fantasia Gardens (the area between Disneyland and the Studios):

CarYiNUWEAA73wj.thumb.jpg.ebe3a390330bb249b584047bbfa6ee45.jpg

Hotel Cheyenne will be the next hotel getting an extensive refurb:

CastZpDWEAAxkVF.thumb.jpg.b255ce88e8709d78b357c3764ff9c4b5.jpg

CastxacXIAAPj2i.thumb.jpg.b573c409138c0f24facc1cb77ffdfe7d.jpg

photos: InsideDLParis

I have a quick question about DLP- I took my first visit to DLP in December of 2015 and I noticed that the river around Big Thunder was drained. Is this river always drained during winter or was it just drained because they needed to work on Big Thunder?

I'm sad that it's all refurbishing and renovating at DLPR, and no new attraction coming up.

Compared to rest of all the Disney Parks around the world. The reburb is definitely

needed on a lot of stuff there. But still...

And I am not talking about new shows. But an actual, vehicle ridden, Attraction.

"Ratatouille" at WDS opened nearly two years ago. Can't remember what's been

really 'new' at the Magic Kingdom. And a re-do of Star Tours doesn't count, either.

2017 is the 25th Birthday of the Resort. Maybe they'll surprise us with something they've

been keeping "under wraps" from us. Hard to imagine, but you never know...

IMG_9571.JPG.8bfadbcf5851c41829b66bf43eeac0ad.JPG

Back in Sept. the Molly Brown was at the dock, and no water traffic was moving. 24/09/15

Then after we left, they drained the Rivers of America.

• 4 weeks later...

Considering it's location "behind" the Sequoia Lodge, I'm wondering if the pricing will be a bit less,

or the same as at the Sequoia and Newport, etc.

I am also curious about "Who's" going to design it, as the original various resorts were all

commissioned by actual design artists, at the time I remember.

My love is still for Sequoia Lodge.

Interesting! Sad that things will be close when we go visit, but that's part of the whole experience!

As for the new hotel, I'll see what photos I can snag when we stay at Sequoia Lodge in 2 months.

And Bill, I hope we enjoy Sequoia Lodge as much as you and your partner did!

A 45-year-old maintenance worked died from accidental electrocution today while working on Phantom Manor. The tragic event happened this morning, before the park opened to guests. More details on: http://www.leparisien.fr/seine-et-marne-77/disneyland-un-technicien-decede-dans-la-maison-hantee-02-04-2016-5681299.php (In French)

• 4 weeks later...

New info & artwork for "Mickey and the Magician"

“Mickey and the Magician”: An incredible show with amazing illusions.

From 2 July 2016 at Walt Disney Studios® Park

Entertainment just keeps on creating new surprises at Disneyland Paris®. This summer, the public will be able to enjoy “Mickey and the Magician” for the first time. This show, specially created for Walt Disney Studios® Park, will star the mouse who started it all.

Mickey is poised to become the hero of a brand new story. Far from his recent roles of master of ceremonies, this new show will take him back to where Disney magic all began. He is embarking on a unique experience where magic fuels dreams. Mickey will learn valuable lessons from iconic Disney Magicians leading him to his dream of becoming a Magician. But these lessons are full of surprises, because, although enthusiastic by nature, Mickey is terribly clumsy.

A new adventure for Mickey

Go back in time to Paris at the turn of the 19th century… and enter a great Magician’s atelier, where the assistant is no other than a certain Mickey Mouse! Night has fallen. Tinker Bell has spread a little stardust. When he is given the task of cleaning up the atelier before sunrise, the young apprentice gets distracted! Nothing turns out as expected. Mickey finds himself accidentally transported to the most magical Disney film worlds. He becomes the hero in this incredible show where illusion is key and the audience find themselves plunged into a world of magic and delight.

A magical story

To illustrate this return to where the magic all began, the creators of “Mickey and the Magician” draw inspiration from the great illusionist Georges Méliès and the famous magician Robert-Houdin. This is not a traditional magic show. The illusions will form the basis of this brand new story. Disneyland Paris has called on the acclaimed magician Paul Kieve to create these illusions. “It’s hard to think of the word ‘Disney’ without also thinking of the word ‘Magic’. I became fascinated with magic when I was 10 years old and was always inventing ideas in my head. One of the

great things about working on ‘Mickey and the Magician’ is that I can bring some of these ideas into reality!” said Paul Kieve.

“When I was 10 years old I was taken to Disneyland in California. Magic of course became my life, so to have the opportunity to bring wonderful magic into a permanent live show in Disneyland Paris, surrounded by these classic Disney characters is a dream come true for me. I’m excited that thousands and thousands of kids of all ages will be introduced not only to live magic, but to high quality live theatre by watching Mickey and the Magician. I hope it will be an experience they will never forget.”

Stars from Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin and Frozen all lend a hand

Every object has a story and the Magician’s secret attic is cluttered with amazing artefacts, curious props, and mysterious objects: a hat, a candlestick, a zoetrope, a lamp and a crystal ball among other things. Distracted from his task, Mickey stirs the magic within each object. He then embarks upon an extraordinary journey strewn with breath-taking illusions magical moments, and crosses paths with iconic Disney magicians.

The Fairy Godmother from Cinderella unveils her famous spell, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo. Rafiki, the mandrill and great mystic from The Lion King will remind him of the meaning of “The Circle of Life”. The Genie from Aladdin performs an eccentric number for him to the tune of the famous song “Friend Like Me”. Lumière, the French candlestick from Beauty and the Beast has a surprise in store for him with his new enchanted version of “Be Our Guest”. Finally, Elsa, from Frozen, will show him how to…”Let It Go”!

He will learn from each in turn as they share amazing magical moments with him, to help him discover the true meaning of the word “magic”.

The magic of the music

The unforgettable songs that helped to make each of these major films such a success have been specially reorchestrated. “Mickey and the Magician” promises the audience great music featuring completely unexpected sounds. For example, “Be Our Guest”, the star song from Beauty and the Beast, will feature the sounds of the circus; while “Friend Like Me”, sung by the Genie from Aladdin, takes on a Broadway style, integrating tricks and tap dancing. The show also features a brand new song.

A new daily show at the Walt Disney Studios® Park

“Mickey and the Magician” will make its debut on 2 July 2016 and will run until 8 January 2017. There will be several Franco-English shows per day at Animagique® Theater, Toon Studio®, Walt Disney Studios® Park.

“Mickey and the Magician” sees Mickey take on a different role and gives the audience another opportunity to see the stars of Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin and even Frozen come to life on stage. A funny, musical, mischievous and moving show… full of illusions! Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!

20160428_mickeymagician_01.thumb.jpg.edb840f1829df08bceb418e003339ffb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! My family and I are heading to Paris soon and we are planning to go to Disneyland & Walt Disney Studios one of those days. We are going to get the Park Hopper and try to do everything in a day since we have done some attractions before because of Disney World.

-To do both parks in one day, which park do you recommend we go to first? (We plan to get there before the park opens)

-What order of rides do you recommend/get fastpasses for?

try to do everything in a day since we have done some attractions before because of Disney World.

They're all completely different in Paris except the Fantasyland dark rides. Pirates, Space Mountain, Phantom Manor, Big Thunder, and Rock N' Rollercoaster are nothing like their American counterparts.