TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

Watch a presentation on Ratatouille by Tom Fitzgerald, one of the presidents of Imagineering:

(he introduces himself in French, but the actual presentation is in English!)

And some new artwork:

BgQ0THvCEAEuj4j.jpg:orig

^ What's surprised me about this whole setup, in the video, is the restaurant will not be like Gusteaus,

and more like what Remi his family and friends had up above the Ratatouille Restaurant, at the end of the movie.

Which is great! It'll continue the 'small as a rat' thing the gp will go through, along with the attraction.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/disneyland-paris-resort-unveils-details-of-its-new-ratatouille-inspired-area/

Today fans got their first extended peek at Disneyland Paris Resort’s most anticipated new attraction with the release of the first photo and video trailer of the “Ratatouille”-themed area opening this summer.

Inspired by the Oscar-winning Disney●Pixar film, “Ratatouille”, the L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy ride-through attraction will shrink guests down to the size of the film’s star, Remy, a cuisine-loving rat who dreams of becoming a master French chef. Guests will join Remy and his friends as they scurry through the kitchen, dining room, and walls of Gusteau’s famous Parisian restaurant, all the while trying to avoid the villainous Chef Skinner. This first-of-its-kind Disney attraction will immerse guests into an animated world like never before.

The latest images were unveiled as part Euro Disney S.C.A.’s annual shareholders meeting. The attraction will be located in a new area of Walt Disney Studios Park’s Toon Studio, and will anchor a “Ratatouille”-inspired version of Paris. In addition to the attraction, the area will also feature a shop, Chez Marianne Souvenirs de Paris, and a themed table service restaurant, Bistrot Chez Rémy. The unique restaurant will be directly adjacent to the attraction and serve the “little chef’s” famous dish, ratatouille.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disney & More.com has posted some new photos, with scaffolding coming

down around the main buildings in Remy's World.

ratatouilleWDS99h.jpg.52a28ea814a471ac11790e562dca35b3.jpg

The scenic overlay for the costume building on the right here, looks really great!

ratatouilleWDS99i.jpg.c72857b7333c24489b5aae34e2f02c8d.jpg

Still stuff to put up on the buildings, but it's looking pretty magnifique, eh?

ratatouilleWDS99j.jpg.553d61cf920a44dc5423cf2cf44568e7.jpg

Back to the area where it's probably bathrooms, and where the new gift shop will open.

And the new fountain's in front here. C'est bon!

• 2 weeks later...

DLPR.com just posted a few days ago, the new re-branding of the Ratatouille Ride.

Oops, I mean Adventure. Seems the word "ride" still doesn't translate

into or out of French very well. Mais oui. It sucks.

So. now it's an Adventure we're taking with Remi and his pals, through the

kitchen all around and through Gusteau's. With smells from the kitchen,

it just might happen!

ratatouilleWDS99k.jpg.1ead4b099d7211e7670b778d9d8f9df7.jpg

The Ride = The Adventure. "It's a rat's life, after all." (Thanks DLPRTODAY.com for the posted photo)

On a slightly different note to their exciting new ride; here's a look back into the past:

How Space Mountain came about and how! Pretty interesting and still one of the best themed and exciting rides in my opinion.

I'll go along with "one of the best themed." As for "exciting," well . . .

^ Although I always enjoyed the France film that played in it's pavilion, it's

possible to think that maybe Ratatouille could be fit there in back, behind Eiffel.

And replace the film, although like I said, have always enjoyed it and it's score.

The new photos here and at that link are great, by the way. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm so interested to see how the Ratatoullie ride turns out...wonder if there's space in Epcot to build it if it turns out the be successful?

I hope so. World Showcase could use another ride.

I love it that the Gusteau's sign is being used as a sign-prop only,

and nothing to do with an actual restaurant.

Which Chez Remy is to be, with it's sign.

I love the whole concept. It's the "present movie time" (the ride) - and

the future (the restaurant).

ratatouilleWDS99l.jpg.74724590fba603325a40f3f94e5bd2d4.jpg

It's there, so it must be real!

A few more photos, after scaffolding has come down, and wiring is being done for lighting, etc.

From Disney & More, thanks!

1573826943_ResizeofratatouilleWDS99m.jpg.d21bfae403e89bea133293e5700ffd98.jpg

The new entry way towards "Remy's World".

630615107_ResizeofratatouilleWDS99n.jpg.13930a192c7101bd112f3bf781ab8c55.jpg

Overall view of attraction's entrance (middle) and queue overflow (in back) and the FastPass bldg. (right).

1956365980_ResizeofratatouilleWDS99o.jpg.05104010199fc985529b95934008f6f8.jpg

And then there's that "bit" that's still exposed over there on the right? Still nothing to show if it's being

blocked from view, or not. But I'm sure they have something ready and waiting to construct. (o;

• 2 weeks later...

DLP just posted this video on their Youtube channel, confirming Ratatouille will open on July 10th:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I will be there on the 29th of June, so hopefully they will have a soft opening that weekend, as has been rumoured previously!

Am I the only one to find the vehicules very ugly? First, it looks like a cheap wild-mouse wagon, and then, it does look like anything but the rats in the movie!...

(Screenshot of the above video seen on DisneyCentralPlaza)

I'm not fond of the entrance bilboard either. Looks rather bland and flat... and big.

Bk2UMRDIcAAS77x.jpg:large

(Source)

Well, it's still going to be a great ride I'm sure! I think I'll try not to look at pictures from the inside anymore to be truely amazed once on board.