TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

Media got to ride today...

(pictures from various sources)

La Place de Rémy:

14472776465_b5d20c8d3b_b.jpg

14472712685_0cb2dfe8a0_b.jpg

[vine]https://vine.co/v/MTTKKw21B9B[/vine]

Opening ceremony with

Bob Iger (Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company) and Tom Staggs (Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts)

10492359_624352154338341_7435526230638594837_n.jpg?oh=c2b756ac901a3122e51e3d3dd1b7361e&oe=5410F628

BqqVydgIgAAMk-Y.jpg:large

BqqV1x3IcAAx5qq.jpg:large

Bqpa0uJCIAA0MXQ.jpg:large

Ride entrance:

BqpupBOIIAAX9wl.jpg:large

Outdoor queue:

BqpwNTMIcAA8JUY.jpg:large

BqpwKuhIAAAnYrR.jpg:large

Indoor queue:

14472731235_c79ab9a25f_b.jpg

14492879013_43c1742871_b.jpg

Boarding area:

BqqFX_VIQAAFFTi.jpg:large

BqqFFGYCMAEHOdL.jpg:large

BqpdfB-IQAAkfYi.jpg:large

The ride:

14286132210_0f1723416f_b.jpg

14471581814_5afca125da_b.jpg

BqqGhbFIAAAB2-X.jpg:large

14286319337_4f2b181311_b.jpg

14286323707_8d1697a76d_b.jpg

And there's already a POV video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0koqS87t8

Exit alongside the restaurant:

BqqOpjKIgAAVOFT.jpg:large

The restaurant:

14449632656_7600005984_b.jpg

BqpeL67IcAA_88M.jpg:large

14471404962_6dde20d2c3_b.jpg

photos by:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/krisvandesande

http://www.dlptoday.com

Edited by BDG

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to ride it yesterday. The area is very beautiful with a lot of details, Disney did a great job.

The queue line is pretty, yet not astonish (and definitely not interactive! ), but what bugged me is how short it is, even with the outside part. Don't know how this will turns out in summer.

The ride itself was kinda a disappointment for me, as the screen-parts were not immersive at all (except for the last-one, when you're in a dome). The fact is you're not moving in front of the screens, there are only some vibrations and no motions either. And moreover, you definitely see the floor and that is not forgivable. You feel like you're in a theater, as you can also see the other vehicles, standing still next to you.

That was for the bad things, but the ride got some cool ones too, it's not 100% garbage don't get me wrong! The 4D effects are really nice (although you don't feel them equally depending of your seat), the physical sets are well done and the ending scene sequence in Remy's cuisines smells very good!

The vehicules (still ugly, even in person) move like crazy, especially when you're about to get off the ride; it drift toward the platform it's almost scary. I have to say their moves make me feel a little bit sick at the end, too.

So this new addition is well welcomed, here at the WDS. The area is especially incredible, as is the new restaurant.

But the ride is not something that makes you say WOW. It's more like a really advanced 4D theater, that is fun and enjoyable, but not epic in any way.

I love it, from what I am seeing here.

And I/we have already booked for a September, 2015 visit!

So this damned thing better not be in maintenance,

by the time we finally get there.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Have there been any news lately about the Indiana Jones retracking (or whatever it is) ?

To my understand it is open, and has been for a few months. How well it rides now I do not know I'm afraid.

I always thought any trip to Disneyland (Home of the worlds WORST McDonalds!) Paris was for naugth

-Craig

Good point. Though their Rock N' Rollercoaster is pretty friggin' amazing compared to Florida's version.

^ Forget Ratatoullie. Your priority is Armageddon SFX Stage. If that's closed then the entire trip is for naught.

Done it twice before.

We're over it.

And we want a replacement attraction.

Or next year's trip will be for naught.

Good point. Though their Rock N' Rollercoaster is pretty friggin' amazing compared to Florida's version.

I was wondering, do the US version have many audio issues? Because here at DLP, it's pretty common...

^ I haven't been to WDW since 2009 (worked there, got blown up on The Great Movie Ride multiple times a day, it was awesome) but I never had any real problems with audio whenever I rode that version.

The three days in Paris, though, I think only half of the times I rode did I get an uninterrupted audio track.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here ridden it after the refurbishment? From some POVs it doesn't look much different (I'm glad you still take the loop at a ridiculous speed rather than trimming it)

^I don't know how Tokyo's used to run but I did notice that now it doesn't carry the same speed into the loop as Paris' does. I actually never had any complaints about how this one was, but I guess they had a reason to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
(Marne-la-Vallée, August 1st, 2014) Euro Disney S.C.A. today announced the nomination of Tom Wolber to the position of Président of Euro Disney S.A.S., the management company of both Euro Disney S.C.A., the holding company, and Euro Disney Associés S.C.A., the operator of Disneyland® Paris, in replacement of Philippe Gas named General Manager of Shanghai Disney Resort.

“One of our greatest assets is the global strength of our teams,” said Tom Staggs, chairman of Walt Disney Parks

and Resorts. “Both Philippe and Tom are seasoned Disney veterans with a tremendous combination of leadership

skills, business acumen, and international experience that will help ensure that we carry on our legacy of creating

unforgettable experiences for our guests. They bring an incredible depth of operational experience to their

respective roles and are well positioned to contribute to the future success of Shanghai Disney Resort and

Disneyland Resort Paris”.

“On behalf of all Supervisory Board members, I would like to thank Philippe for the excellent collaboration we

had together and for his personal involvement in Euro Disney during the last 6 years”, said Virginie Calmels,

chairman of Euro Disney Supervisory Board. “We are very proud that The Walt Disney Company has chosen

Philippe, a French top executive, to lead a huge and strategic project such as Shanghai Disney Resort. We also

welcome Tom and wish him a lot of success in his new function”.

Tom’s appointment will be effective in September 2014. He will transition into this new role during the summer,

working with Philippe to ensure continued commitment to the company’s long term strategic priorities.

Tom is German and speaks 4 languages: French, Dutch, English and German. He returns to Disneyland Paris,

which he helped to open in 1992 and brings more than 20 years of wide-ranging operations experience including

leadership positions at Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club and both Walt Disney World Resort and

Disneyland Paris. He most recently served as the head of Walt Disney World Resort and Transportation

Operations, overseeing all of the 28 resort hotels and the property’s extensive transportation network. He has also

overseen a number of complex expansion projects, including the successful launch of the Disney Dream and

Disney Fantasy and was instrumental in the Disney Springs master plan and the continued growth of Walt Disney

Parks and Resorts’ sports business.

Source: http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2014-08-01-Philippe-Gas-Tom-Wolber.pdf

One of the many steps the Disney Company is taking after they bought almost all the stocks of the French resort in 2012/2013. Can we finally expect a major overhaul?

(Marne-la-Vallée, August 1st, 2014) Euro Disney S.C.A. today announced the nomination of Tom Wolber to the position of Président of Euro Disney S.A.S., the management company of both Euro Disney S.C.A., the holding company, and Euro Disney Associés S.C.A., the operator of Disneyland® Paris, in replacement of Philippe Gas named General Manager of Shanghai Disney Resort.

“One of our greatest assets is the global strength of our teams,” said Tom Staggs, chairman of Walt Disney Parks

and Resorts. “Both Philippe and Tom are seasoned Disney veterans with a tremendous combination of leadership

skills, business acumen, and international experience that will help ensure that we carry on our legacy of creating

unforgettable experiences for our guests. They bring an incredible depth of operational experience to their

respective roles and are well positioned to contribute to the future success of Shanghai Disney Resort and

Disneyland Resort Paris”.

“On behalf of all Supervisory Board members, I would like to thank Philippe for the excellent collaboration we

had together and for his personal involvement in Euro Disney during the last 6 years”, said Virginie Calmels,

chairman of Euro Disney Supervisory Board. “We are very proud that The Walt Disney Company has chosen

Philippe, a French top executive, to lead a huge and strategic project such as Shanghai Disney Resort. We also

welcome Tom and wish him a lot of success in his new function”.

Tom’s appointment will be effective in September 2014. He will transition into this new role during the summer,

working with Philippe to ensure continued commitment to the company’s long term strategic priorities.

Tom is German and speaks 4 languages: French, Dutch, English and German. He returns to Disneyland Paris,

which he helped to open in 1992 and brings more than 20 years of wide-ranging operations experience including

leadership positions at Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club and both Walt Disney World Resort and

Disneyland Paris. He most recently served as the head of Walt Disney World Resort and Transportation

Operations, overseeing all of the 28 resort hotels and the property’s extensive transportation network. He has also

overseen a number of complex expansion projects, including the successful launch of the Disney Dream and

Disney Fantasy and was instrumental in the Disney Springs master plan and the continued growth of Walt Disney

Parks and Resorts’ sports business.

Source: http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2014-08-01-Philippe-Gas-Tom-Wolber.pdf

One of the many steps the Disney Company is taking after they bought almost all the stocks of the French resort in 2012/2013. Can we finally expect a major overhaul?

Amazing news for Paris, dreadful news for Shanghai!

It baffles me how the guy who has been at the helm of DLPR while the attendance has dropped, the hotels have literally fallen apart, the Disney Village and Lac Disney areas have turned into a complete shambles, etc. has been given the General Manager role at Disneys newest resort? Am I missing something?