TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Ropers Strike Again

The Ropers have delt another blow to Alton Towers. They had the noise limit lowered to 28 decibals. They have also had the park's fireworks show cut down to 3. The worst part is, is that the Ropers run a factory that makes noise at over 40. Alton Towers was open before the Ropers came in. Sure it has grown a lot since then, but the Ropers had the idea of living next to a park. The new noise limit is insane. No major entertainment venue can work under a 28 decibal noise limit.

http://towersalmanac.com/index.php?page=news&id=187

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has a similar problem with Kingsmill, a rather expensive neighborhood (also developed by Busch) on the James River. Anytime BGW develops a concept for a new ride, always expect the folks at Kingsmill to scream bloody murder because that amusement park is going to ruin their quality of life. Apparently, they didn't notice the huge theme park when they purchased their $1,000,000 homes.

Stupid Mr. Roper!

"Come and knock on our door/We've been waiting for you!/Where the kisses are hers and hers and his/Three's Company, too!"

Sad that I know that song, actually.

Chuck "Make the 1970s TV flashbacks stop" Campbell

Alton Towers should aim some high powered mortars directly at the Roper's house. Give them A real reason to complain.

Alton Towers should install A "Whack A Roper Game" You Know, It's "Whack A Mole" with the Ropers heads. I would overpay to play. When I do make it to Alton Towers, I might be packing an Air Horn. I don't mean to sound like A jerk, but these self important hypocrites really make me sick.

Thanks for Reading.

I could understand being upset if someone decided to build an amusement park next to your house in the quiet little neighbourhood you've been living in for severals years. BUT, they moved in knowing the amusement park was there. If they didn't like noise they should've moved somewhere else...and the fact that their factory makes more noise then they are requiring from the park is completely hipocritcal and stupid. Nobody should take them seriously.

^^

Actually that IS exactly what happened - the Ropers were there BEFORE Alton Towers started turning utself into a big theme park back in 1980.

Still, the Towers were there (and as a tourist attraction) well before the Ropers were there (but with nice polite 1920s tourists rather than nasty noisy roller coaster tourists).

Don't get me wrong, not defending them IN THE SLIGHTEST - bloomin' hypocrites.

Why dont they just move somewhere else?

"No I love my house" - but they dont love WHERE it is, next door to a theme park.

Stupid Ropers.

Dave.