TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Apparently, there is now a sign out in front of Rockin' Rocket saying it'll be back for 2015. I'm led to believe that the queue line is moving for the new JL attraction. I wasn't able to get a picture of the sign, but was anyone else there over the weekend and can confirm? I do love the progress they have made with the new attraction! Can't wait until 2015 to ride it! Hopefully, we won't have to wait until Summer before it opens...

But, wait, who am I to believe???

It is indeed true that it is going away, for now it will be stored, but I'm sure SFA wouldn't mind having it

Obviously plans can change, but it's always odd to read non-park employees (hell, even park employees) make declarative statements like this.

Has there been any change to the old strip center on the corner, btw?

Well im still concerned about my size. Is Titan not large rider friendly?

I'm a big guy (5-9, hover between 245 and 260) and I've never had trouble with Titan, NTAG, or Mr. Freeze. Getting on B:TR or S:TOP with their OTSR is a tight squeeze for me, but my broad shoulders and chest are as much a problem as my gut.

Prepare for frustration for the Texas Giant if you're going this month. I went on Sunday and it was pretty dead, but the ride ops have managed to make their terrible operations a little worse but having assigned seating. They held everyone back from the gated station area and only allowed the number of people one train can hold while keeping everyone else squeezed like sardines, if you wanted to wait for the front, they made us make a line within the line so to speak instead of letting us in the station. If they would have allowed people to flow into the station, there'd of been no line essentially. Titan wasn't a long wait all evening, in fact, I got in 10 min early with my season pass (whoo) and my fiancee and I and 2 others had a whole train to ourselves lol But the Texas Giant procedure PISSED OFF A LOT of people!

Prepare for frustration for the Texas Giant if you're going this month. I went on Sunday and it was pretty dead, but the ride ops have managed to make their terrible operations a little worse but having assigned seating. They held everyone back from the gated station area and only allowed the number of people one train can hold while keeping everyone else squeezed like sardines, if you wanted to wait for the front, they made us make a line within the line so to speak instead of letting us in the station. If they would have allowed people to flow into the station, there'd of been no line essentially. Titan wasn't a long wait all evening, in fact, I got in 10 min early with my season pass (whoo) and my fiancee and I and 2 others had a whole train to ourselves lol But the Texas Giant procedure PISSED OFF A LOT of people!

That's so odd. For whatever reason SFOT likes to try different loading procedures for NTAG. This was the case even before the accident. It's a popular ride at the park but it's still odd that they keep trying new things. I hope this is just a test like the others.

I hope that's jst for busy days, is the middle and back have a lot weaker airtime or is about the same in the front. Because if I get assigned a weak area I will be very very sad

That's the problem though, it was DEAD this past Sunday when I went, there would have been zero line in the queue if they had been letting us flow into the station train lines. As far as the airtime, they made another line for front seat riders. This was my first trip since they removed a car and made the ride be 5 car trains. I noticed a little bit, but not too much. So I can't speak for the back now because I didn't get to ride. It was too frustrating to go through that process again and deal with the ride ops and their assigned seating. So I just kept riding Titan until I had my fill on Sunday after my one NTAG ride.

I guess if there's some good news though, I decided to finally directly call Six Flags HR about how bad their ride operations have been the last 2 years and about their latest seating experiment on Texas Giant. I don't complain...ever, I just deal with it like a good park goer, but I visited Cedar Point for the first time ever this year in September...boy do they do it right. They can run 3 trains without stack out and get the people on and get them off and on their way...our park struggles with 2 trains. Six Flags actually had the balls to listen to my complaints about it as they understood as a frequent roller coaster rider that I was trying to help. They told me to go back in a few weeks and see if things are improved. So keep an eye out to anyone who goes in the next few weeks and see if their Titan and Texas Giant operations have gone from non existent to just sucky.

I remember the jump on while the train was slowly moving method. They'd never dare do that now with the accident. The best part about Sunday was the Red train was out since the black train is in for rehab. There was this huge padlock device like you'd put on a car steering wheel so no one will steal it over the seat restraint the lady fell out of. They had the nerve to try and tell me ''oh that's not the seat, that's not even the train, it was taken off". Yeah...yeah...do you think I'm that stupid you teenager? Was basically my thought. I laughed when the kid didn't know how to deal with the fact that some of us are nerdy enough to know about how roller coasters work and blurted out "the restraint just isn't working!" I thought, great thing to tell these people in line who have no idea hahaha.

Edited by Texascoaster89

I hope that's jst for busy days, is the middle and back have a lot weaker airtime or is about the same in the front. Because if I get assigned a weak area I will be very very sad

That's the problem though, it was DEAD this past Sunday when I went, there would have been zero line in the queue if they had been letting us flow into the station train lines. As far as the airtime, they made another line for front seat riders. This was my first trip since they removed a car and made the ride be 5 car trains. I noticed a little bit, but not too much. So I can't speak for the back now because I didn't get to ride. It was too frustrating to go through that process again and deal with the ride ops and their assigned seating. So I just kept riding Titan until I had my fill on Sunday after my one NTAG ride.

I guess if there's some good news though, I decided to finally directly call Six Flags HR about how bad their ride operations have been the last 2 years and about their latest seating experiment on Texas Giant. I don't complain...ever, I just deal with it like a good park goer, but I visited Cedar Point for the first time ever this year in September...boy do they do it right. They can run 3 trains without stack out and get the people on and get them off and on their way...our park struggles with 2 trains. Six Flags actually had the balls to listen to my complaints about it as they understood as a frequent roller coaster rider that I was trying to help. They told me to go back in a few weeks and see if things are improved. So keep an eye out to anyone who goes in the next few weeks and see if their Titan and Texas Giant operations have gone from non existent to just sucky.

Where is the line? up against a wall with no order like I expect or is it thought out?

You know the small queue line that leads to the gates? They keep you back in that line and just simply say "Take an open area only!" so if you want the second row, but it's got 2 people in it, you have to go somewhere else with no exception. They only allow the number of people one train can hold to enter the gated area, so the gated queue area stays empty and everyone stays lined up in the ''line'' and it's really messy. It's one of those policies that will be rebuked real quick I imagine.

The best part about Sunday was the Red train was out since the black train is in for rehab. There was this huge padlock device like you'd put on a car steering wheel so no one will steal it over the seat restraint the lady fell out of. They had the nerve to try and tell me ''oh that's not the seat, that's not even the train, it was taken off". Yeah...yeah...do you think I'm that stupid you teenager? Was basically my response. I laughed when the kid didn't know how to deal with the fact that some of us are nerdy enough to know about how roller coasters work and blurted out "the restraint just isn't working!" I thought, great thing to tell these people in line who have no idea hahaha.

That's awesome. I'm glad you were able to get some satisfaction out of putting the minimum wage earning teenager who is just doing his job in his place. Well done.

If the teenager wasn't being such a smart ass to myself before I ever said anything, my fiancee and the many people in line right there next to us and was taught to not lie to people and show customer service skills, then maybe we wouldn't have had to voice our opinions. Ever think of that? You don't ever try and control your customers like we're cattle and prodding us to where we don't want to go with a bad tone of voice. And you don't EVER say a restraint isn't working out loud in front of about 20 people that can hear you. That's what you wanna defend? Be my guest!

^Why was it even brought up? Seat wasn't available. End of story.

Folks in line who visit the park regularly were asking over and over why such a device? And were asking others in line for the knowledge, I'm not gonna lie and say I don't know when I did know. I can't stand people who blatantly lie in a business that safety is a priority. I know the ride is safe, but they shouldn't make it THAT obvious, just rope off that row and leave it at that. They were having single riders sit next to it and you know that had to make them uncomfortable. Personally since the lawsuit has now been settled as over a month ago, the train hadn't ran all season until fright fest this year, it should be cleared and double cleared and triple cleared to use if they're using the train.

You're making a pretty big assumption that it was closed off because of the accident. Stuff happens. It could have been closed off for any number of unrelated reasons. I agree that the employee shouldn't say it isn't working, but I don't think it's anyone else's place to hassle employees who are just doing their job.

You're making a pretty big assumption that it was closed off because of the accident. Stuff happens. It could have been closed off for any number of unrelated reasons. I agree that the employee shouldn't say it isn't working, but I don't think it's anyone else's place to hassle employees who are just doing their job.

I understand completely, it sounds bad because this is essentially talking with text. I wasn't heckling the person. I genuinely felt bad for the kid that Six Flags basically tossed them to the wolves of directing traffic where it didn't need to be directed. I never once told the employee to not be so rude, I didn't say the employee was being rude either when I called Six Flags because I understand that's a crappy position to have to do is herd people like that. But when you can clearly see that your method is pissing off a family of 5 people with 3 kids and you're literally walking them to a place in line like we're back in elementary school with our fingers over our mouth to indicate ''be quiet'' like we used to, you're going to rub A LOT of people the wrong way. As a enthusiast who grew up at SFOT before finally being old enough to rent a car this year to travel to other parks. I only desire to see these idiotic methods removed, instead of these chemistry experiments on ride operations every season, and to see Titan average more than 600 people per hour...SFOT is supposed to be one of the flagship parks in the chain. It needs to get it's act together! It starts with management getting it's employees to be more productive by not doing the things they're having them do.

I rode the red train Sunday before Thanksgiving, seat was open.

Really not sure why a seat being marked off is a big deal, seats have issues all the time and are secured so that there is no chance of it being used in lieu of taking a train off. If the train had been removed people would be pissy because they were running one train and then complaining here that they were running one train when all they had to do was mark a seat or row off until the part could be replaced. I'm sure the park doesn't want to draw attention when it's not needed to any ride let along Texas Giant. Its been discussed many times, there was nothing wrong with the restraint, the rider wasn't properly secured/shouldn't have been allowed to ride.

And for all we know, the car that was pulled off could have been 'the' car making that particular seat not 'the' seat but a seat that looks like 'the' seat although from say car 3 and not car 2.

^^^It's no secret Six Flags has terrible operations. Though I honestly think it's better for the park not to tell the GP the seat is closed off because of the accident if that's even true. Striking unnecessary fear into guests isn't smart. Let them enjoy their safe ride, and if they ask about the seat, say you aren't sure.

I rode the red train Sunday before Thanksgiving, seat was open.

Really not sure why a seat being marked off is a big deal, seats have issues all the time and are secured so that there is no chance of it being used in lieu of taking a train off. If the train had been removed people would be pissy because they were running one train and then complaining here that they were running one train when all they had to do was mark a seat or row off until the part could be replaced. I'm sure the park doesn't want to draw attention when it's not needed to any ride let along Texas Giant. Its been discussed many times, there was nothing wrong with the restraint, the rider wasn't properly secured/shouldn't have been allowed to ride.

And for all we know, the car that was pulled off could have been 'the' car making that particular seat not 'the' seat but a seat that looks like 'the' seat although from say car 3 and not car 2.

Oh trust me, I was all about defending the ride and Six Flags when the accident happened, It's obvious what happened. They actually did end up pulling the red train off on Sunday about an hour after all this happened and just ran only the blue the rest of the evening. But yes, I fully believe as well that nothing was wrong with the restraint. This was just such a weird device over it that would draw attention even from seasoned roller coaster riders.