TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Quick question to all you SFOT locals. I am visiting in MAY and have always used the Flash Pass when visiting a Six Flags park.

On the SFOT Flash Pass web page it does not list NTAG as one of the rides offered:

(https://www.sixflags.com/overTexas/tickets/flashpass.aspx)

but on the NTAG page it says that Flash Pass is offered:

(https://www.sixflags.com/overTexas/rides/TexasGiant.aspx)

Can someone explain? Thanks!

It's listed a few posts back, but, I'm feeling nice

NTAG is only offered on Platinum Flash Pass and is good for one time only. However, if it's a "slow" day you can return to the flash pass office and request a second time to ride.

Depending on what day you come in May, it's possible you won't need a FP, in fact this past Friday they had very few FP personnel at the rides as Titan, for example, was an all day walk.

Does anyone know why the park does not use the waterfall in the line for Runaway Mountain anymore? It looked awesome when it was one.

probably because much of Central Texas is still under severe drought conditions?

(so conserve water where you don't need it -- ie: not in log ride, or Roaring Rapids)

just a guess tho.

Does anyone know why the park does not use the waterfall in the line for Runaway Mountain anymore? It looked awesome when it was one.

probably because much of Central Texas is still under severe drought conditions?

(so conserve water where you don't need it -- ie: not in log ride, or Roaring Rapids)

just a guess tho.

Correct, Texas is in drought right now. Although, my area (Houston) got as much as 7 1/2 inches last night. However, nothing much up north in Dallas. If I'm not mistaken, Fiesta Texas will do the same with their waterfall as San Antonio almost never gets rain according to my family that lives there.

The North Texas Municipal Water District has announced water restrictions to be in place starting June 1st. While the fountain is nice and cools things down a tad in the summer, it's better to be conservative. SFOT shut down Freeze voluntarily during the heat wave a while back to conserve electric and do their part in helping to prevent brownouts during high electric usage. So if their reason is to conserve water, I applaud them. The sign is out for refurbishment and should be back at some point.

The North Texas Municipal Water District has announced water restrictions to be in place starting June 1st. While the fountain is nice and cools things down a tad in the summer, it's better to be conservative. SFOT shut down Freeze voluntarily during the heat wave a while back to conserve electric and do their part in helping to prevent brownouts during high electric usage. So if their reason is to conserve water, I applaud them. The sign is out for refurbishment and should be back at some point.
Thanks. That helped answer my question.

Thanks. That helped answer my question.

Another reason why parks need to add Solar Panels/Wind fans to their properties.

Here is the latest drought map. Keep in mind the coast had severe weather that brought in as much as 7 inches in some areas; however, this most likely didn't really effect Arlington. I wouldn't see Six Flags running their water effects for quite a while. So no waterfalls or mist, sadly. I really liked that theming.

image.jpg.f7831d0f3a4e9078be62773589d299e7.jpg

Updated 4/23 Published 4/25 courtesy of droughtmoniter.unl.edu

Off subject but am i the only one that wishes either six flags in texas were to get a standup coaster or a flying coaster?I live between both parks in texas and yet to have experienced either type of coaster,due to the fact i never went to astroworldwhen it was open to ride batman the escape.

Off subject but am i the only one that wishes either six flags in texas were to get a standup coaster or a flying coaster?I live between both parks in texas and yet to have experienced either type of coaster,due to the fact i never went to astroworldwhen it was open to ride batman the escape.

Same here, I've been thinking the same thing for years.