TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker's Wood Coaster Poll!

Hello everyone at Theme Park Review!

I cannot stress enough how important it is for everyone here to fill out the "Mitch Hawker Wood Coaster Ballot."

As much as everyone gripes when we see the Amusement Today poll, this is the ONE TIME that your opinions WILL be heard and the results are the most fair of ANY coaster poll.

Even if you have only been on five wood coasters, your opinions are matched against those who have been on 200.

Anyway, here is the link to the poll. It is NOT as scary as it looks!

http://BestRollerCoasterPoll.com

Last year I did an "idiots guide to Mitch Hawker's Poll." Hopefully it still applies to this years:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/mitch.htm

--Robb "You have until November 30th, so get your ballot in!" Alvey

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent. I cheated though, I filled mine out after I got back from BGT since I knew I wouldn't get any more woodies in between then and now

Don't worry if you have only been on three or four, so long as you have been on at least two, its the comparison that counts, so your ballot counts the same as mine with 35 woodies or Elissa's with 132!

This poll kicks ass 8)

^Exactly!

And it's great because you can do this year after year and look back to when you had only been on 4 wooden coasters and how you thought Psyclone at SFMM was the best coaster on the planet!

Heck, I rode like 20 new woodies this year! As long as you exist, you have an opinion, no matter what your coaster count is!

I ranked mine as 1, 5 and 10 for coasters I adored, loved and liked respectively. After that, I used increments of 10 for how much I disliked a coaster. A couple got 100s, some got around 60, and lots got around 30. Seemd kind of off to rank a coaster I hated as "5" when that's not nearly low enough in my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

-Julie

I ranked mine as 1, 5 and 10 for coasters I adored, loved and liked respectively. After that, I used increments of 10 for how much I disliked a coaster. A couple got 100s, some got around 60, and lots got around 30. Seemd kind of off to rank a coaster I hated as "5" when that's not nearly low enough in my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

-Julie

It makes no difference how you rank them since only comparrison on your poll counts. In other words a 1.vs2. win is worth just as much as a 1.vs60. win

I suggest you study the works of this poll again

I suggest you study the works of this poll again

Hey that's how she wants to do it so let her!

I used the counting numbers until I got to Mean Streak, Predator and PSyclone, and then I went in increments of 100 cause dammit that's how I feel!

Sure, it makes no difference, but that's just what I think of them

Great poll and this is my first year doing it. I have a big 15 (well 14 because I only count LR as one).

1. Boulder Dash

2. Phoenix

3. J2 (formally known as Tsunami)

4. Lightning Racer - Thunder (only because I have more wins on it)

5. Lightning Racer - Lightning

6. Twister at Knoebels

7. Wild One at SFA

8. Roar at SFA

9. Comet at Hershey

10. Thunderhawk at Dorney

11. Wildcat at Hershey

12. Wildcat at Lake Compounce

13. Thunderbolt at SFNE

14. Rolling Thunder

15. Riverside Cyclone at SFNE

Awesome program, Ted. It made it a bit easier for me to fill out, even though I've done it in past years. I rode a few more coasters this year, and a lot of my tastes in wood have changed. Bravo on the program, I owe you a beer, which I will drink for you.