TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

^This isn't too surprising. Many actors need to break free from roles that made them famous to keep their careers moving forward, as Sean Connery did with James Bond.

Then again, Connery did return as Bond in Never Say Never Again, but that was after he'd established himself elsewhere.

^This isn't too surprising. Many actors need to break free from roles that made them famous to keep their careers moving forward, as Sean Connery did with James Bond.

Then again, Connery did return as Bond in Never Say Never Again, but that was after he'd established himself elsewhere.

Also agreed 100%. But these are just small bit voice-overs of shadows of the Harry Potter and Hermione Granger characters that are already being portrayed and will have Harry Potter fans like my 15 year old a bad taste for them since they, as my daughter put it, "consider themselves to be 'too good' to do the parts." It isn't like it is video or another movie segment.

Then again, you would also think that Universal would have access to enough sound clips and such to put together the audio needed to make it a more complete experience.

In my career, I have moved upwards quite a bit in the IT field over the past 20 years since college, but there are times where I am called upon to do work like what I did 20 years ago. It isn't anything that I is in my job description, or even remotely in the realm of what my team even does, but I still jump in to get it done. It doesn't help me to "move up" in my career, but it does usually create a positive experience for the person that needed help. It doesn't mean that I am super excited about it, but I don't turn away from it either. Then again, I am in a group that provides support and help to others, so it is engrained in me to do what needs to be done. I would wager that most actors don't have that drive in them.

Anyway, we should probably get back on track with this topic. I was just responding to another comment that was blaming Universal for failing to bring the actors back in. The new stuff looks like it is going to be amazing either way.

Then again, you would also think that Universal would have access to enough sound clips and such to put together the audio needed to make it a more complete experience.

I also thought about that, but maybe they would have to pick those from different films and you would be able to tell the differences in their voices. (or maybe there just wasn't enough for what they wanted)

^Frankly, I never even noticed the difference, and simply assumed that it was the original actors. Another example: Harrison Ford didn't allow Disney to use his voice or likeness in the Indiana Jones rides, either.

^That's funny, because I always thought it was him talking at the end! So long as there are other noises and whatnot in the background, I don't think anyone is going to nitpick some slight differences in the voices. It'd definitely be nice to have it be a return of the original cast, or even some repurposed recordings of them, but it won't affect the ride quality or popularity at all.

^Nope, it was Vaughn Armstrong. The (perhaps apocryphal) story is that Harrison Ford originally agreed to allow his voice and likeness to be used for the ride as long as he didn't have to do any promotion for it, but someone at Disney sent him the script for the Indiana Jones themed Super Bowl halftime show so he backed out.

^That's funny, because I always thought it was him talking at the end! So long as there are other noises and whatnot in the background, I don't think anyone is going to nitpick some slight differences in the voices. It'd definitely be nice to have it be a return of the original cast, or even some repurposed recordings of them, but it won't affect the ride quality or popularity at all.

I agree that it doesn't "hurt" the ride at all. And, as I said, I didn't even notice that different actors were providing the voices on the Hogwarts Express when I watched the video.

I'm planning on going to both parks at Universal Orlando in February (2015) and I was curious as to how long the lines will be. I've been to Universal Orlando before and loved it, but it was in June and the lines were quite long so I figured February might be a little better. I saw somewhere that February is a great month to visit Orlando because the lines are slower at the parks and the weather isn't as extreme. The downside is that some rides may be closed for rehab and annual repairs because it's sort of the off season for the parks since it's their slow season. Are there a lot of rides closed at Universal in February for repairs?

Thanks!

I am going to the park on July 6th, and I was wondering, I most likely have only one day to go, and this question only applies if there is a soft opening for Diagon Alley, but, should I go to IOA, Uni, or both in one day? I was thinking that one day definintly isn't enough to experience both parks, even if I'm only hitting the major rides like River Adventure, Hulk, Gringotts, etc. So, unless I can go over two days I'm stuck trying to decide which park to go to or even if I could have enough time to go through both in one day.

I am going to the park on July 6th, and I was wondering, I most likely have only one day to go, and this question only applies if there is a soft opening for Diagon Alley, but, should I go to IOA, Uni, or both in one day? I was thinking that one day definintly isn't enough to experience both parks, even if I'm only hitting the major rides like River Adventure, Hulk, Gringotts, etc. So, unless I can go over two days I'm stuck trying to decide which park to go to or even if I could have enough time to go through both in one day.

If you're hitting the major attractions you may be able to do both parks in a day. I usually hop back and forth between the two when I go. If you're doubtful, get the Express Pass as that will help greatly. Now, if Potter 2.0 has soft opened I would presume that you may be in for some lines in that side which will impact that idea.

One suggestion I'd have, do single rider lines. If you aren't set on riding with people you're going with and willing to risk riding apart from each other, that is the best thing to do. A 90min wait for Forbidden Journey could end up being a 10min wait through the Single Rider line.

I have a question for anyone who has ridden Gringotts.

**Just a warning this question might have some spoilers**

How does the first scene work with the teeter totter thing that has been said to be there? Do two trains do it at the same time, and if it does does the second train have to wait till the other reaches a block?

I've got a question. If it's already answered, than I'm sorry!

In the youtube video down below, around 1.06, you see a huge queue line in the bottom left. Will this be the extended queue line for Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts? If so, it would be a big letdown when there are long lines... Does anyone know?

There will definitely be long lines for most of the popular attractions. It's summer in Orlando plus Harry Potter 2.0 will officially be opening just 2 days after your visit. If you only have one day, I would go with the 2 park ticket. ...Either get the Express Pass or use the single rider line to its fullest. Otherwise, it's doubtful you'll get on everything you want to in both parks in just one day.

Here's a list of rides with single rider lines that I know of.

Universal Studios Florida- Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket, MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack, and Revenge of the Mummy (Also Gringott may or may not have one during softs, if it's in softs for the GP when you're visiting)

Islands of Adventure- The Amazing Adventure of Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk Coaster, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, Dr. Doom's Fearfall, and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

It's definitely doable if you get there before opening and either get the Express pass or use the single rider lines. ...Good luck and have fun.

I know we are in the midst of the Harry Potter madness and the ever-approaching official opening, but I just had a thought. After reading an article online about a real Krusty Krab opening in Palestine, why hasn't Universal capitalized on the success of Spongebob over the past ten years. I'd figure building a real functioning Krusty Krab with actual Krabby Patties to compliment it would be an enormous success for families. Plus adding in a walk-through neighborhood with Spongebob's pineapple, Squidward's Stone Head, and Patrick's rock would also be a great idea. I'm thinking that this would be another mini-land like the Simpsons rather than a full-fledged expansion (although that is also feasible).

Here is the real Krusty Krab.

image.jpg.71d164f919f292989d18a01af9ff91b4.jpg

Very similar to the cartoon version IMO

Also to comment on Harry Potter, I'm hoping the crowds start to settle down in a year so I can manage to visit in my already-planned 2015 Orlando Trip

^There are three world-class water rides at IoA, I'm not sure they need more. That's the same number of get-you-wet rides as all of Disney World (excluding the water parks).

I think he means "Water rides that don't get you wet" like Pirates and Small World.

Or he's talking about lack of water rides at Universal STUDIOS and not Universal ORLANDO.