TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Im so excite for the event, its my favourite time of the year and would go regardless of the theme! I very happy with this years though, its funny how the rumours that have been around all year turned out to be pretty true.

I was wondering if you were going to start a HHN thread this year. I am finally going to my first HHN in Orlando this October, so I have been following the speculation on other boards.

There will be 8 houses again this year, as someone found the permit filed for all the houses. Hopefully, they will have as many scare zones as last year. Can't wait until October!

hmmm seems to soon after the New Line movie tie-in too me, Obviously it'll be amazing, but a little disappointed in overall theme.

But you gotta remember that while Hollywood did New Line last year, Orlando took a break from the licensed properties last year.

I'm always a bit "mixed" about the use of the licenses, but I'm glad they at least seem to being changing it up in Orlando.

--Robb

Last years event I enjoyed a lot more than 17. I dont know if that was due to more original properties or the awesome package we had at the event.

I think in 17 when so much money was spent on the liscences a lot was lost from the event, primarily scarezones!

Hopefully the event wont suffer this again this year, though Im sure it wont as two of the Icons belong to Universal already.

^^^While that is true, I still would have liked a little more distance between using the movie theme again (again still looking forward to possibly experiencing both HHN's this year) but that has no effect on my excitment for both events really.

I do like the fact that they are using there own licensed characters, aside from the SAW franchise it seems to be all universal characters, which allows them much more freedom then when a separate studio is involved. And I have a sneaky suspicion this is mostly to capitalize on the fact that Universal is releasing Wolfman this November with the hope of "revamping" most of their classic horror icons in new movies if this event and the movie prove to be popular.

If the list of houses that I have seen is true (it is 5/8 confirmed so far), Saw will be the only licensed franchise that is not already owned by Universal. I personally am hoping that they aren't going to skim over this year's event, so that they can put more money in the budget for their 20th anniversary next year.

I've heard and seen a lot of people calling this coaster "amazing", etc. Am I the only one who thinks it looks rather boring? I don't like the look of the fake-loop, the multiple mid-course brakes look like they will kill the pacing, and the rest looks like just minor drops and curves. Not anything that impresses a coaster enthusiast.

It definitely will get more people into the park and will likely be a hit with the GP, but it isn't something that makes me think "Oh man, I need to get down to Florida to ride THAT!". It just looks rather average, but insanely hyped.

looks crazy. i like the wolfman and saw, but chucky was never a good horror movie to me. Though he was a little creepy...

I always found that Chucky works better as Comedy/Horror. That last couple ones that were made certainly were better than Part 2 or 3 due to the humor.

EDIT: I knew that there would be a Wolfman one this year due to the new movie coming out this Christmas.

The only thing I don't like about the coaster is the mess of supports. Strangely, though, it only bothers me in pictures. In person, the supports don't look as bad.

The train hardly stops in the mid-course brakes. The pacing is never thrown off on the coaster.

I think the reason people are saying that this coaster is "amazing" is because of the many firsts - tallest non-inverting loop, tallest vertical lift, and the treble clef maneuver (Which looks awesome).

The first drop on Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit! is the tallest of any coaster on Universal Orlando property...if I got my figures correct.

Sure, it's no top 10 coaster, but I think that it will be absolutely thrilling none the less.

The classic movies might be pretty cool but I feel like they are a few years too late in getting the Saw properties. However, people still seem to pay enough money for them to make the same sequel 8 times. I am not a huge fan of haunted houses but I have worked on designing some small ones in college and that was blast.

^ Howl-O-Scream, Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg. Generally, they're talking about Tampa.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed with this at first glance. I'm just one who is always impressed with their unique properties and concepts. Mainly, when they truly make something from scratch. However, this could lead to the return of the Director, which would be lovely to see. I'll definitely check how it plays out, as I do every year. If the HHN marketing team can do anything, they can build antici.........................................................pation.

I am not a fan of "Saw" and yet it pretty twisted of where things are. SAW is really putting on a big show this year, opening of SAW: The Ride at Thorpe Park. They release SAW 5 DVD this year. They will be premiering at both Universal Studio HHN. And they are releasing SAW 6 in October. What more do they want? Start doing it in real life? I think we see more than enough of Saw this year.

I really enjoyed the concept last year and I hope they pull it this year with the movie theme, perhaps a better job than HHN17. I'm looking forward to attend to HHN20 as my first HHN since I'm not able to attend to HHN19. Bloody Mary... Bloody Mary.... Bloody Mary... COME BACK!

This year I will be going to HHN Orlando for the first time & I am really excited! I am not a fan of Saw so I will probably freak out which is what I want to go there for since all I have done for Halloween events is crappy Frightfest at GADV & a decent Halloween Haunt at Dorney. This should be fun!

I am not a fan of "Saw" and yet it pretty twisted of where things are. SAW is really putting on a big show this year, opening of SAW: The Ride at Thorpe Park. They release SAW 5 DVD this year. They will be premiering at both Universal Studio HHN. And they are releasing SAW 6 in October. What more do they want? Start doing it in real life? I think we see more than enough of Saw this year.

LoL you forgot to mention that they did a reality show too (they did for real).

About this HHN It looks awesome, I love Saw movies and when I was little I was petty afraid of chucky, now is mor comedy for me but it willl be Interesting to see.!

I've never heard of anyone that prefers HOS to HHN.

From a local point of view, I've talked to quite a few people who prefer HOS. Last year was my first year in Orlando and my first HHN. I was very disappointed with the event as it really didnt offer too many scares, however from a thematic point of view the event was spectacular. Of course, you cant go wrong with Bill & Ted. I still had a blast everytime I went, just let down in the scares department. I wasnt able to make it to HOS, but from what I understand that event tends to focus a little less on detail and more on scares. I've heard VERY good things about it and will definitely be checking it out this year!

- Todd

I agree, I doubt this will be a top ride for most people (at least for us enthusiasts - the GP will probably eat it up ["OMG! LIGHTS!!!1!11!"]). But it definitely looks like a lot of fun. The non-inverting loop is certainly something unique, and looks like it'll be somewhat disorienting - especially for those who aren't expecting it until they ride it. The brakes don't seem to kill the momentum all that much, and it does look to be decently forceful from the videos posted. If nothing else, the Treble Clef will definitely have a decent amount of Gs, and it looks like the Plot Twist will, too. But all the technology that Universal has poured into this thing will definitely grab people's attention, and keep them coming back. Which is the main goal, in the end.