TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USF, IOA, Epic) Discussion Thread

P. 625: Harry Potter Ministry of Magic revealed!

I think going over in front of the Blue Man Group soundstage is what they consider going out over Citywalk.

But I do think it's a great idea that they are going to have an entrance FROM Citywalk to ride it after park hours. I wonder how much they plan on charging..

I kept forgetting to post these, but during my entry to Grad Bash two weekends ago, I noticed what looked very similar to the seats on an X-Car coaster, staged on what looked like a wooden cap to the lift...

IMGP0979.JPG.aaa385e11f30ccb8de170b48754908ef.JPG

IMGP0977.JPG.db149d9d32179e0acfcdc6e7fb15addb.JPG

Looking good! I love when I see HatetoFLY as the last person to post.. It usually means awesome pictures!!

I'll be down in a little over a week! I cant wait to see the progress for myself.

I'm glad the now neutered Lost Continent is getting some TLC though.. sigh..

it looks awesome,

but sad that they remove the dragons on the Dualing dragons entrance,

i really liked those,

its funny, 1 year ago there was nu clue that they are building this big harry potter theme,

Harry potter, ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE.

i hope i can be there when its open. maybey the potter movie staff wil visit in on the opening.

Looking good! I love when I see HatetoFLY as the last person to post.. It usually means awesome pictures!!

I'll be down in a little over a week! I cant wait to see the progress for myself.

Thanks man I try to share such a huge project as much as I can. I don't know how long its been since your last visit but I'm sure you'll be blown away by the sheer size of the project.

I am hoping that structural steel will begin to go up soon, my last two visits it seems that the roof is prepped and ready to go but they are waiting to finish the outer sections before continuing on. Maybe you might get lucky

I've been really interested in the Harry Potter themed area from the start. I'll be visiting Florida in summer 2010 so I'm really excited for this. I can't wait to see how this area turns out, and knowing Universal, it'll be amazing! I look forward to seeing more updates as more theming starts to appear!

The track looks as smooth as glass. I hope I can get to Universal Studios next time in Florida.

So what are they putting up on the lifthill now? Is it a tall billboard or something different?

you mean from the drawings they had? apparently they were going to have an LED billboard covering most of the supports on the Studios side, but a lot of the rumors are saying that they may only put a long sheet of paper or something not as expensive.

The track looks as smooth as glass. I hope I can get to Universal Studios next time in Florida.

So what are they putting up on the lifthill now? Is it a tall billboard or something different?

you mean from the drawings they had? apparently they were going to have an LED billboard covering most of the supports on the Studios side, but a lot of the rumors are saying that they may only put a long sheet of paper or something not as expensive.

Probably a large long banner or a projector screen.

Thanks man I try to share such a huge project as much as I can. I don't know how long its been since your last visit but I'm sure you'll be blown away by the sheer size of the project.

I haven't been there for almost two years now! Time flies.. I used to be a lead at Dueling Dragons/Unicorn so I'm really interested to see everything since the Lost Continent was like my home for two years! Even though I know the area like the back of my hand its still hard to get a grasp on how big it is.

There was always the rumor that a new land was going to be built when I was there and one night the whole park cycled empty rides for a super secret VIP walk through.. I wonder if that was JK Rowling..

Plus, one day before I left I was talking to one of the big wigs about the rocks that people would sit on in front of Unicorn and how they were always in bad shape. He said that in a few years.. the entrance is going to be right here and there will be so many people on this path there wont be room for rocks. He didnt say what the entrance was for but.. sure enough, a few months later here comes Hogwarts!

Those are some of my random IOA stories! Personally, I'm deeply saddened by the loss of the alchemy bar

Well, tomorrow's Gradventure and I heard the track looks amazing in person. I can't wait to see it!

Yes, it's amazing in person! That vertical lift looks very intimidating. I really wish it was open when I was there this past week.

Slight update, but nothing different than what's already been said. All week nothing changed, at least one crane was there the entire time, with both being there all but maybe one day. From what it seemed like, the crews are working very diligently and hard all day every day to get this thing completed. Kudos to them. This looks to be one awesome coaster...incentive for me to return some day.

From what it seemed like, the crews are working very diligently and hard all day every day to get this thing completed. Kudos to them.

I agree. I think we sometimes forget how much effort and time is put into building these coasters.

^I think that's the case for most things in this society. We really don't understand how much time and effort actually goes into anything until we have to do it ourselves. Construction is certainly one of those things. Building anything large scale is very time consuming and labor intensive, but we seem to be quick to forget this and complain when things are not on schedule (although honestly, I didn't notice any real negative comments towards the delay of this ride, which is a very nice change of pace. Very mature group of people this site has lol). I give these workers props for working so diligently to get this ride completed. I'm excited for my (potential) trip next winter so I can ride this beast and Manta.