TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Marineland Discussion Thread

On 3/25/2024 at 10:07 PM, adamico2 said:

I would love to see Merlin take over and turn this place into Legoland, with a gondola system running all around the park.

The gondola system sounds great but have you seen this place? It would take at least 5000 years to make that much Lego!

Given that Verrückt was 167 feet tall, the current tallest water slide Kilimanjaro in Brazil is 164 feet tall and Niagara Falls is 167 feet tall, I think a trapdoor spped slide or water coaster of the same height as the falls would be a catch too. 

• 1 month later...

In case anyone was curious, Marineland has updated its website.  Let's just say it looks like a massive "Geauga Lake-ing" is going on this season. 

Attractions include:

• Friendship Cove (beluga whales)
  • Polar Splash (water splash pad area)

And that's it. There is only one mention of amusement rides, and that is buried on the visitor information page, so since the park went through the effort to remove any pictures of the rides, this was most likely an oversight.  

On the plus side, admission is just $14.95 CAD and parking "is always free"... 

2 hours ago, BitterOldHag said:

In case anyone was curious, Marineland has updated its website.  Let's just say it looks like a massive "Geauga Lake-ing" is going on this season. 

Attractions include:

• Friendship Cove (beluga whales)
  • Polar Splash (water splash pad area)

And that's it. There is only one mention of amusement rides, and that is buried on the visitor information page, so since the park went through the effort to remove any pictures of the rides, this was most likely an oversight.  

On the plus side, admission is just $14.95 CAD and parking "is always free"... 

on the FAQ page, the Rides are listed as "not available". . as is the Hungry Bear restaurant, the aquarium, the penguins, the educational talks. . and most other things.
no mention of the deer (unless included with "land animal exhibits") . . but as that is close to the splash pad? I'd guess that's open still.

it's basically a picnic area they are charging admission to (due to the splash pad) and  the belugas

but still . . nice to see they are trying to stay open somewhat.

image.png

On 5/1/2024 at 12:33 PM, bert425 said:

on the FAQ page, the Rides are listed as "not available". . as is the Hungry Bear restaurant, the aquarium, the penguins, the educational talks. . and most other things.
no mention of the deer (unless included with "land animal exhibits") . . but as that is close to the splash pad? I'd guess that's open still.

it's basically a picnic area they are charging admission to (due to the splash pad) and  the belugas

but still . . nice to see they are trying to stay open somewhat.

The website is now down for maintenance but my local park has a free splash pad and picnic area.  It sounds like they are not really tryng to stay open but to find some way to pay to feed any remaining animals before they can relocate them.  I heard belugas will eat you out of house and home and not so easy to put up for adoption :-(

Wonderland needs some serious competition. I hope within the next few seasons Marineland adds a medium coaster and a few flats/attractions to get the ball rolling. You'd need some aggressively deep pockets to make it successful. I wonder who purchased it.

I know I am not saying anything original here, but it will always blow my mind that a park with this much land LITERALLY within the distance of human sight from a top ten most visited tourist attraction in the world has amounted to so little. Any park in this spot should be a slam dunk success on paper. 

20 hours ago, abovethesink said:

I know I am not saying anything original here, but it will always blow my mind that a park with this much land LITERALLY within the distance of human sight from a top ten most visited tourist attraction in the world has amounted to so little. Any park in this spot should be a slam dunk success on paper. 

Well, years ago there were rumors that Seaworld and Disney had made offers to the owner to purchase the park but it was just not for sale.  It would make so much sense and be probably very lucrative for a big chain to buy the park.  It's in such a hot tourist spot and the land of the park is like 3 times larger than Canada's Wonderland.  So much space for huge roller coasters!  It would be a shame to see the place being demolished and have condos and houses built on it, because that is also a lucrative possibility.