TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Anyone else click the countdown timer picture?

lol awe poor Michigans Adventure, don't worry Time Warp will be your coaster soon, love from Canada's Wonderland

a) Don't bring your big park, CW loving self into our poor little park's thread here just to razz us over our misfortune

and

b) That's actually not a half bad idea!

I know I am probably in the minority on this, but I actually prefer Time Warp at CW over Thunderhawk at MiA or Shockwave at KD. Given the choice of either Shockwave, Time Warp, or Knott's Screamin' Swing, I'd take Time Warp! The Screamin' Swing would be fine with me still, but I actually think families at MiA would eat Time Warp up if they were to put it in there.

You guys just wait and see. You guys will eventually be the chains star child. It's obvious what they are doing and your seeing it in Carowinds. Carowinds doesn't make the chain a lot of money but they are now a star child. slowly in 5 year periods they will move from smaller park to smaller park. Just remember parks like Canada's Wonderland are out of land and are surrounded by highways with no room for growth

You guys just wait and see. You guys will eventually be the chains star child. It's obvious what they are doing and your seeing it in Carowinds. Carowinds doesn't make the chain a lot of money but they are now a star child. slowly in 5 year periods they will move from smaller park to smaller park. Just remember parks like Canada's Wonderland are out of land and are surrounded by highways with no room for growth

I have to respectfully disagree that MiA will ever be anything other than Cedar Fair's red-headed step-child, but I certainly hope I am wrong about that, and you are right!

Saw the rumor on Screamscape that Michigan's Adventure might receive Knott's Screamin' Swing next year. Of course, this doesn't confirm anything, but I'd be very happy for MiA if they received it because Screamin' Swings are one of my favorite flat rides.

New Attraction - Rumor - (8/25/15) According to one rumor, the soon to be removed Screamin' Swings from Knott's Berry Farm just might be sent up to Michigan's Adventure, where they could be installed on the former Falling Star site for the 2016 season.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/michigan-s_adventure.htm

^ I believe people send rumors in

Screaming swing would be a great ride. Most likely be the most thrilling flat in the park. It had a short cycle at Knotts. If it is moved to MIA, i hope its not an up charge.

RIDERS WANTED-Please read the whole post.

Want to be in an upcoming photo shoot for a cable series? Want to ride Shivering Timbers, Wolverine Wildcat and Funnel of Fear a few times before we open for the day?

We need you! Thursday & Friday, September 3 & 4, we're looking for 40-50 riders to be "extras" in this project. On both days, you'll meet at Group Sales, located at the front of the park. You must arrive no later than 9:00 a.m. each day.

On Thursday. September 3, we're shooting on Wolverine Wildcat and Funnel of Fear. Shooting should conclude at 1:00 pm. On Friday, September 4, we're shooting on Shivering Timbers. Shooting should conclude at 11:00 am.

So if you're interested, please email your date choice, name, address and phone number to lbollenbach@miadventure.com. All riders must be over 48 inches in height.

If you are selected to participate, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, you may not attend. Registration will close when all open spots are filled. No phone sign-ups will be taken. All riders will be required to sign an Appearance Release provided by the production company on the day of filming. All riders under 18 must have the release signed by a parent or legal guardian.

https://www.facebook.com/miadventure?fref=nf

Pretty cool. I wonder what the new TV show is? Maybe this can pave the way for more attendance and then more rides

Was at the park from 6:30p to 9p (close) last night (Sunday). I noticed the 2nd train for Timbertown Railway sitting in the storage area. Could only see it for a couple of seconds but it appeared to have only one passenger car. Also, the pumpkin patch here:

I was surprised to see large crowds this late on a Sunday. The entire queue of Mad Mouse was filled. But Shivering Timbers only had a 15-20 minute wait.

Did they cut the grass around the train? Last time I was on the train the foliage around the tracks was so thick you couldn't see a thing. Im guessing that second train was in the storage shed? Its most likely still not ready

Yes, the train was in the storage shed. I hadn't been to the park in about a month (trips to CP and Canada's Wonderland prevented me), but it wasn't there previously. It was quite clear that the foliage around the track had been cut recently. It still has a tunnel effect, but is more tamed now.