TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild CP rumor.

Several differant Employees from several differant parts of the park all indicated the same thing coming for 2006.

a 500 ft Flying coaster.

I scoffed at each person, saying: they've had enough problems with 400 feet, 500 would be a joke and probibly only work 10% of the time.

Their responces were fairly uniform: What's 40 mil to them?

I have a hard time believing this, but thought I'd bring it up for discussion.

We were at the park yesterday, I'll have my first Photo TR posted when I get the chance.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-B&M won't build over 250 ft

-they would need to use a 500 traditional lift

-where would they fit the above?

-imagine how fast it would go and the g forces, I don't know if the human body could handle them in that position

1: A flying coaster does not have to be built by B&M, I'd bet my cat that Intamin either have, or are working on a design for a flying coaster of sort's, maybe not like B&M's, but still a flyer.

2: Not true, a vertical lift could well be possible, and a modified cable lift could be used, MF get's to 310 feet in a space roughly two third's the space of a "normal" lift hill, so five hundred feet could be done, not impossible.

3: See above, vertical lift / cable lift = less space.

4: Again, not set in concrete, who say's the ride would have a single drop of 500 feet? It does'nt have to get all that way down in one go, it could drop in "sections", true, it would make the ride far less spectacular, but that's a possibility.

The posisiton would also not affect thing's big time, infact, posistion affect's thing's a piddly amount compared to the track, tight corner's, drop's and twist's create high g forces, not lying down.

Another thing you seem to be missing here is COST, that thing would cost million's of dollar's, I doubt the park would be able to pull enough punter's in to fund a ride of that proportion, it simply is'nt financially viable.

Rubbish me say's!

I'd like to see CP let Arrow Dynamics build them another coaster. Doesn't have to be a huge coaster, just something unique.

I assume you mean S&S Arrow? Ad themselve's no longer exist, they collapsed during the construction of X at SFMM over a legal battle with the firm, then S&S picked up the pieces ...... and those yummy 4D designs!

-B&M won't build over 250 ft

-they would need to use a 500 traditional lift

-where would they fit the above?

-imagine how fast it would go and the g forces, I don't know if the human body could handle them in that position

1: A flying coaster does not have to be built by B&M, I'd bet my cat that Intamin either have, or are working on a design for a flying coaster of sort's, maybe not like B&M's, but still a flyer.

2: Not true, a vertical lift could well be possible, and a modified cable lift could be used, MF get's to 310 feet in a space roughly two third's the space of a "normal" lift hill, so five hundred feet could be done, not impossible.

3: See above, vertical lift / cable lift = less space.

4: Again, not set in concrete, who say's the ride would have a single drop of 500 feet? It does'nt have to get all that way down in one go, it could drop in "sections", true, it would make the ride far less spectacular, but that's a possibility.

The posisiton would also not affect thing's big time, infact, posistion affect's thing's a piddly amount compared to the track, tight corner's, drop's and twist's create high g forces, not lying down.

Another thing you seem to be missing here is COST, that thing would cost million's of dollar's, I doubt the park would be able to pull enough punter's in to fund a ride of that proportion, it simply is'nt financially viable.

Rubbish me say's!

I'd like to see CP let Arrow Dynamics build them another coaster. Doesn't have to be a huge coaster, just something unique.

I assume you mean S&S Arrow? Ad themselve's no longer exist, they collapsed during the construction of X at SFMM over a legal battle with the firm, then S&S picked up the pieces ...... and those yummy 4D designs!

You assume correctly. I'm "well" aware that S&S bought Arrow Dynamics after the high development costs of X and the law suit from SF.

The 500 foot rumor has been going around since Dragster was built. What I find even more funny is I have heard 500 foot Dueling flyers. LMAO I should put that one on ITL! Just kidding.

Katie, the rumor chick

Actually the flying position does NOT allow for more G's than sitting down. Why?

When sitting down the G's push down on your head from above you (or below in the case of negative g's) Our bodies are great at handling these. Our design enables us to handle crazy G forces for short durations and even some high forces for longer periods of time. Say, when you plop down on a chair, you can pull up to 20 G's. Coasters as you know, reach up to just over 6.

However, when in the flying position (lets say on your back) the G's are pushing down right on your chest. The rest of your body can handle this except maybe the eyes but this is where it counts. Ever had someone say, even slightly bigger than you (1.5 times)? Sucks right? Imagine having someone 3 times your size sit on your chest. See, the body cant take as many G's pressing down directly on your chest. It flattens the chest cavity and severely constricts your breathing. So much so that I really think anything as strong as the Pretzel Loops held much longer than that could cause people to pass out or develop some sort of attack.

The position your body is in makes a huge difference - not piddly. Of course the G's from the track are what cause it but your body cant handle as many G's laying down as it can sitting up.

I think I'm going to stick to what I've heard from one of the head maintenance guys and believe that they are putting in two flats next year and a coaster in '07. Not only is 500ft a little hard to believe (what are they going to do, build another Rocket coaster?) but to build it a flyer, a ride that has barely broken the 100ft marker is a bit too extreme for me to believe.