TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point vs. Magic Mountain

Both Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain has 16 coasters, but Flasback at SFMM is SBNO. This leaves SFMM with only 15 operating coasters and 16 for Cedar Point. But then you have to remeber that SFMM is building Tatsu. Will that mean Magic Moutain will have 17 coasters next year but one SBNO? Or will you only consider SFMM to have 16 operating coasters and officially be tied with Cedar Point. Or will SFMM open Flashback next year to have the record of the most coasters in the world? There are so many possibilities and it is so confusing. Give us your opinion on this.

Heres the possibilities-

* SFMM builds Tatsu and keeps Flashback closed to have 16 operating coasters but 17 all together.

* SFMM will build Tatsu and and open Flashback to have 17 operating coasters and hold the record for the most coasters.

Question-

* Next year when Magic Mountain has 17 coasters but one SBNO, will you consider Cedar Point and SFMM tied for first? Or will you consider SFMM to have more coasters at 17 even though one is closed?

* Remember, this was really hard to put in words and might be hard to understand. Just post your opinions on it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being the best park isn't based soley on the ammount of roller coasters. Here's a perfect example.... Holiday Wolrd. Very reasonably priced items, free soda, and soon to have 3 great roller coasters(4 in all). It may not have 16 like Cedar Point, but I'd sure choose Holiday Wolrd in a heart beat over Cedar Point.

Edited by Gnome

i'll put six flags magic mountain in first place, rather then them being tied. the fact of the matter is, Flashback is STILL a coaster, it just doesnt operate. When tatsu is built, i dont even think there can be an arguement, because SFMM has 16 operating and one that is not, while CP just has 16 coasters. so they have the same ammount of running coasters but SFMM has a bonus, if you will.

as of NOW i would probably put cedar point as most coasters in the world.

damn you OHIO!

I really don't see what difference it makes. Both parks have some great coasters and rides. Do the technicalities of which park has one more coaster than the other really matter? At least with me, I think that quality is more important than quantity. The park that has the best overall experience I would say is the "better" one.

I would say they will tie wint Tatsu opens because Flashback isn't a coaster! Its an old rusty killing death machine waiting to reopen and continue to kill riders, So they'll be tied when Tatsu opens.

Kevin"Just thinking about that thing gives me a headache"Bujold

^^ noone said SFMM was a BETTER park, just which would you consider to have the record for most coasters.

in that sense, Cedar point can only tie or loose

and by the way, SFMM usually only has flashback closed now, they had X problems, Deja vu problems, and S:TE problems, but those all seem to be ironed out and now the majority of their coasters stay open all the time. So that kinda makes ur last point pretty pointless, (or at least it will as long as TTD is down or afterTatsu is opened)

Pretty much everyone agrees that CP is better. I have visited both and have the same opinion. I wouldn't consider Flashback, a coaster that has been closed forever, to be counted. SFGAdv recently removed Viper, and SFMM would remove Flashback if it wasn't for the coaster count.

Edited by SonOfBeastSucks

A thread for fanboys

Here's an honest, unbiased opinion. I've been to both parks:

I used to live in California, and i've visited SFMM a couple of times. It's a great park, but if we're comparing overall which park is better, Cedar Point wins this one.

It's not only about coasters/rides. Cedar Point has a better atmosphere overall. It's cleaner, it has great coasters/rides, and although this may be subjective, the food was a helluva lot better than SFMM.

SFMM has a roller coaster SBNO, and honestly, that's not exactly something a #1 park would have.

CP has broken quite a few more records than SFMM as well.

Exactly. Combine that with World Class rides, great food, great atmosphere, and you've got yourself a #1 park.

Cedar Point is as close to a "state fair, if you will" as you're gonna get. It's the true meaning of an "AMUSEMENT PARK" - A permanemt state fair, complete with a ferris wheel

And no SBNO rides

One thing I thought was funny was that the Cedar Point crowd always dissed Superman--The Escape as not being a coaster. Then they added Vertical Velocity, which basically does the same thing, only several times.

If one's a coaster, then the other one is, too.

SFMM should either get Flashback running or junk it and replace it. Having a SBNO coaster is worthless and shouldn't be included in the count.

Eric

Um, yeah, they have construction markers and footers around Revolution, so that gives me reason to believe that a demolition might be on the way. But maybe I'm stupid.

your just stupid... jk, those markers are for Tatsu!

but seriously, do people just read the title and immediatly post 'I THINK _____ IS BETTER CUZ this, and this, and this!?

READ THE FIRST POST!

anyhoo, It seems that these two parks, for one reason or another, have stopped their coaster wars. Both of these parks havn't put in a new ride in awhile.

I'm, just wondering how high the count can get, i see places for rollercoasters at SFMM, but not so much at CP, i wonder when were finally going to have to rip out something big to put somthing else in, one thing is for sure, were only a few coasters away.

I love this debate. It never gets old. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Gets Old.

^I agree 100%

SpartanTS gave an unbiased opinion yet has a CP avatar hanging in the background I just find that funny

Anways I'll take SFGADv over both of them, but since this topic is about CP vs. SFMM I'll take SFMM

Seeing as I haven't been to Cedar Point I really can't vote for one or the other. But I will put in my two cents into this thread.

-Considering what I have read over the years it does seem as if Cedar Point has a better ride management.

-If you consider Superman: The Escape NOT a coaster don't include Wicked Twister or even IMHO Top Thrill Dragster.

-Unless you've been to both parks your probably biased towards the one you live by.

-People get on Six Flags all the time for having rides down; but it seems that nobody cares to much if there is a ride down at a Cedar Fair park. (Example TTD RIGHT now) Now I'm talking that the ride is down for an actual reason.

- On the Flashback Topic; I'm a little in the middle on this one but leans to the side of it counting as a coaster.

-Staff Issues. To be honest I really haven't had any problems with Magic Mountain staff; I've found most of them to be friendly. But remember that you probably remember a personal issue with a staff member. So remembering that you once got treated badly by staff at either SFMM or CP doesn't mean that they have bad staff.

Cleaness- SFMM is pretty clean around the walkways and ride paths. But there is a lot of CRAP under the rides. Looking at pics from CP I can also tell that its clean.

-Just my two cents-

_six