TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Screamin' Has Been TRIMMED?!?!?

Jim from www.westcoaster.net has just called me to let me know that they have added trims to California Screamin.

There are two sets that he noticed:

One right before you take the dip into the loop, and this is the worst park one right before the bunny hills which he says doesn't give as much airtime now.

I'm bummed.

Anyone else experience this?

--Robb "Who hasn't been to DLR since January, and now I'm not sure when I'll go." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trim brakes are the worst nightmare for coaster fans who love "airtime".

It's a shame they added them onto the California Screamin as i've heard it was a great ride. I guess this is the after effect of the accident.

I hope trim brakes are not put on "Balder" or "Hades" or any top 10 coaster.

So, this coaster has been operating for how many years without trims? Why add them now? Is it because of that Cali transportation law (or something of that sort)?

Its kinda funny.. Why add more brakes when they have difficulty maintaining the brakes the ride already has?

::Shakes Fist::

A statististical failure of one brake pressure relief valve and the ride gets neutered. Meanwhile Death Mountain across the way makes do with extra cable ties.

Weak.

Wow...that comment is so cold...yet so refreshingly funny! LOL

WHat???!?!?! I hope the ghost of Walt comes back and kills the idiot who decided to do that one. But hopefully not, also why does this guy say otherwise? http://www.westcoaster.net/community/index.php?showtopic=14513&st=20

I have no idea, but until I ride it myself, or I hear from another reputable source, I'd take Jim's word.

--Robb

Well it Wouldn't Surprise Me that they Added the Trim-Brakes....Their Paranoid now!

You have to Realize that even though those involved in the "Accident" weren't Killed or Seriously Injured, that they will most likely Sue Disney Anyhow.

So Disney Now needs to be Overly Cautious by adding these Awful Trim-Brakes!

Sadly, Disney needs to protect itself from further Litigation by Adding Additional "Safety" Measures.

It's Sad, and Unfortunate, but Disney needs to show that they are looking out for their riders. (Incase another incident happens in the future)