TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I am glad that I got my credit, but I was VERY disappointed in the ride after hearing how great it was before SF got a hold of it. I don't really care because I wasn't going to ride it again anyways.

No wait.

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showpost.php?p=658880&postcount=31

This is going to become the new ride! The way the photo is, it will incorporate an "Indiana Jones" type of theme where the train will jump the section of track and contain special effects..lol

(Sad to see this masterpiece go. I never had a chance to ride it, but seen POV's of it).

Assuming Six Flags will retain this park in it's portfolio, I would like to see a ride similar to Storm Runner @ Hershey, but I am curious that I thought the area had a height restriction. If so, what is the height limit?

• 2 weeks later...

I drove by SFMW yesterday and was surprised as to how much of the ride has actually been demolished. About 80% of the track is gone(mostly the high parts) and about 30% of the supports are gone.I am sad to see it go but at the same time I could really care less.

This may be semi-off topic- but it's been rolling around in my head for a while.

I had the opportunity to experience Thriller and Zonga- once in Germany, once in California, and let me say it this way-

Yet again, SF murders a great and powerful ride- That strange thunking sound coming from Germany is the great one himself, spinning in his grave.

Will somebody please explain why Anton's rides have to be massacred by SF? - those godawful OTS restraints added when SF bought Thriller were sheer hell- very painful- and even my sister said she'd thought something that looked that cool would have ridden better.

I'm a very big fan of Schwartzkopf rides- especially his loopingracers and portables. I can only pray to the Coaster Gods that this ride will be taken to a place that still believes that Anton built it right the first time, and all the screwing around that SF has done has damaged it.

First Revolution, then Thriller. What next?

Well Zonga is almost gone :O

It had a great layout and some really insane G's, but thats where the good stuff ends. The trains were horrible. The OSTR's were... horrible. The loading times were... horrible. It looks nice though...

Just in case you wanted some pictures. http://www.xtremecoastin.com/gallery/sfmw/updates/5-19-06/

We took those last Friday, the ride should be gone by Memorial day.

I was thinking of having Santa ship it here to Hawaii and put in my backyard (how about near the cliff, overlooking the ocean?..lol).

I think the ride that may replace that area would be that "Survivor" disk-ride (forgot name of park at the moment). Doesn't that park have a height restriction? I'm not sure if Shapiro/management would add a coaster their for a couple of seasons yet.

It's called a Intamin half pipe which I think which someone has already stated that thats what they think is going there.

And it looks as though they are going to keep that ride and relocate it or sell because it was hiked up on some wood in the parking lot and also they didnt do a Viper at SFGAdv demolition which was the most entertaining coaster demolition ever.

I think the ride that may replace that area would be that "Survivor" disk-ride (forgot name of park at the moment). Doesn't that park have a height restriction? I'm not sure if Shapiro/management would add a coaster their for a couple of seasons yet.

I can't see SFMW getting a Disk'o coaster as PGA, also in the bay area, has one, which is Survivor. PGA is a little over an hour away from SFMW, depending on traffic. A coasterball or spinning coaster would be a nice addition to the park though.

And we already have a junior versions of those. It just opened in Tavas. I dont think we will get an Intamin Halfpipe... I think those were kind of a failed concept. They dont look extrodinary fun IMO. I havent ridden one though so I cant say if they are good. I would like to see some S&S Power Towers there or some other flat or a nice coaster that goes over the midway. I will probally be going Monday so I will try to get some more picts.

If i were to own a park in any chain i would not do anything to a Wieland Schwarzkopf (Anton Schwarzkopf's son) creation or Schwarzkopf original straight from the german fair circuit. I would only do anything to it if it was too extreme for a human to phisically handle without injury! No OTSR's that make it go like this , just lapbars that give you freedom, I'd even make the train stall on a loop full of the non-believer executives on it like ol' Anton did himself. I'd even strand myself at the top of the loop!

We have a trip planned to Vallejo's Six flags and I hadn't thought about this until just now, will my husband be too large to ride on the rides?

He is a BIG man. He is about 400 lbs and has a waist of maybe 70"? Will the rides accomodate him?