TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Went to the park today! Wasn't all that crowded considering that it was Spring Break. Joker construction is looking amazing! The outward-banked turn leading up to the breaking wave turn looks EPIC and the step-up under-flip (or whatever they're calling that first element) looks insane. The opening can't come fast enough! (although I have no idea when it'll open, exactly.)

Here are some photos:

20160331_143942.thumb.jpg.02d73a29ada4ae6beed8ec2fca1e6331.jpg

The drop is insanely steep, and the laterals will be awesome

20160331_101151.thumb.jpg.b17d35138f47e9025a7492ef3a8bd3d3.jpg

This element looks crazy

Got to the park around noon or so, as stated it wasn't that crowded. Decent crowds but not horrible wait times apart from kong/superman. Me and my group mainly just did Medusa over and over.

Milkshakes are now a snack item on the season meal pass. got Garlic Fries today to share with friend though. Will get a vanilla milkshake next time.

edit: Forgot to mention two RMC workers were putting up guard rail on the right side of the track behind the break run/sub station, whatever we want to call it.

Milkshakes are now a snack item on the season meal pass. got Garlic Fries today to share with friend though. Will get a vanilla milkshake next time.

So you think they'll bring all the boys to the park?

Certainly they'll bring me. They'll have to try really hard to screw up a vanilla milkshake even at Johnny Rockets.

Will the park likely be crowded Sun. 6/12? (6/11 and 6/12 are Girl Scout days at the park.)

As a personal rule of thumb, I always assume that special event days will be crowded. If the chance of rain (which is currently forecasted at a low 20%) increases significantly, then that could lower attendance. However, if it was me, I would assume a crowded (or, at least, more crowded than usual) day.

EDIT: I just realized that even though the question was regarding June 16, I looked at the weather forecast for this coming Sunday. Obviously, Sunday's weather forecast won't factor into the equation 2 months from now. Indeed, I would assume that the weather will be sunny and warm. Add to that the fact that most schools will be out on summer break, and I would assume a crowded park.

Edited by scooterdoug

I really think Medusa needs a repaint badly, it almost looks white imo!

It is quite faded, but fortunately the colors used still look fine when faded. Much like Flight Deck at CGA when it was black, even when it faded it still looked "natural". Tatsu at SFMM is an example of the opposite, it badly badly needs a paint.

I really think Medusa needs a repaint badly, it almost looks white imo!

It is quite faded, but fortunately the colors used still look fine when faded. Much like Flight Deck at CGA when it was black, even when it faded it still looked "natural". Tatsu at SFMM is an example of the opposite, it badly badly needs a paint.

I agree. Some colors don't look so bad faded (Xcelerator), but some most definitely do... (Tatsu)

Anyone know how early the VIP early entry is for the gold pass? Also, do they close all the rides in rain?

it's only like 10-15 mins and only for cobra, kong and medusa in Oasis Plaza on the front/right side of the park past coldstone/lockers.

They run Medusa in light rain or did last time I was there and it had light rain. No idea if they close superman in rain but if it's moderate/heavy rain I bet they would. v2 was still closed down for I matience on march 31st, which I thought was weird given spring break and all. White water safari, the rapids ride was open too.

Thanks for the info. I'm heading to the park in a bit. Looks like rain most of the day. Of well, at least they have the animals to look at.

Also, last minute question from my sister. Do they have a mothers lounge there or a baby center at all? I doubt it, but just wondering.

I saw those wheel pics as well. Makes me excited at the progress.

Joey, I'm not aware of any designated nursing center. Don't let the rain discourage you. I've ridden the major rides in the rain. If the rain is intermittent and not heavy (which is how it looks so far), then you should have plenty of riding opportunities. Additionally, the park should be empty. Have fun!

I saw those wheel pics as well. Makes me excited at the progress.

Joey, I'm not aware of any designated nursing center. Don't let the rain discourage you. I've ridden the major rides in the rain. If the rain is intermittent and not heavy (which is how it looks so far), then you should have plenty of riding opportunities. Additionally, the park should be empty. Have fun!

the nursing area is inside the first aid station apparently, which is behind the exit to boomerang.

OOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I get it now!!! Double mail boxes... for "Double Post." . . . Wow... Yeah I'm slow.

Anywho... Loved the wheel photo!! Can't wait to see the full trains!!

At least someone got it

I was hoping this ride would be finished and testing by now. I'm still thankful for this coaster but the timing of this thing opening probably won't be as ideal for me as I was hoping it would be. And I'm reallyyyy anxious to see the full trains and witness it testing.