TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Drove by the park on Saturday to see if anything was going on. The park seemed dead. There are still a few Pandemonium track pieces on the concrete slab and all 6 cars are just chilling in Roar plaza.

So disappointing that all these other parks are nearly done with their rides and DK hasn't even started doing ground prep.

So far SFA has yet to begin vertical construction...or at least provide updates of it so SFDK isn't alone there but barring any major problems they'll begin in due time.

So far SFA has yet to begin vertical construction...or at least provide updates of it so SFDK isn't alone there but barring any major problems they'll begin in due time.

The difference is SFA is well on their way with the groundwork. SFDK has done zero prep at all.

^I would imagine that is because Apocalypse will require much more groundwork than S:UF. Apocalypse is a big coaster that is going into a spot where they had to tear down another big ride, and the surrounding water works, and clear the land. S:UF is a small linear ride that will sit on a slab of pavement that was previously occupied by a small coaster that was just sitting there on its own steel grid. One is like tearing out a swimming pool to build a new garage, and the other is like packing up a roll-away bed to park you bicycle. Lol.

^I would imagine that is because Apocalypse will require much more groundwork than S:UF. Apocalypse is a big coaster that is going into a spot where they had to tear down another big ride, and the surrounding water works, and clear the land. S:UF is a small linear ride that will sit on a slab of pavement that was previously occupied by a small coaster that was just sitting there on its own steel grid. One is like tearing out a swimming pool to build a new garage, and the other is like packing up a roll-away bed to park you bicycle. Lol.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to beat a dead horse here and sound like a total ass. Did I miss some news release or something that said this thing is going to sit on a base frame? I just don't see that happening on this thing with the way the supports are designed but a few people have said that now. Are people just assuming this because the last 2 rides in that spot were base frame rides? If that's the case, then more power to them and I'm sure it will go up really quick...

The difference is SFA is well on their way with the groundwork. SFDK has done zero prep at all.

Like what is SFDK waiting for, Hell to freeze over before they can build Superman Ultimate Flight or they going to wait until they send the parts of Pandemonium/Big spin to another Six Flags park?

^They didn't start breaking ground for Skyscreamer until March, and considering Superman isn't a huge ride, I think the park won't break ground until the end of the month.

Though, Superman is much larger than Sky Screamer.

^They didn't start breaking ground for Skyscreamer until March, and considering Superman isn't a huge ride, I think the park won't break ground until the end of the month.

Though, Superman is much larger than Sky Screamer.

It may not be an issue park side, it could be that Premier isn't ready to ship the pieces out to NorCal yet. We can't just immediately fire our dismay toward the park, as we have NO idea what's involved in the construction of the ride.

^Why do you think it is going to Darien Lake???

Because Darien Lake needs a new coaster!

I don't think a Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster would really make the park's experience go up.

Also, I wonder when we're going to get another Superman update, it's taking a long time.

Drove by the park on Saturday on my way through Vallejo, nothing to report other than a full employee lot. I'm sure training is in full swing with the park opening in a few weeks.

No signs of anything Superman related in the usual spots where they store stuff like that.

If they don't start soon, it will be finished in July. Whoever is the cause of this (Six Flags or Premier) really screwed up. Pandemonium probably closed in December rather than October for a reason. This is getting way out of hand.

Also, they haven't updated the park map on the Six Flags website.

If they don't start soon, it will be finished in July. Whoever is the cause of this (Six Flags or Premier) really screwed up. Pandemonium probably closed in December rather than October for a reason. This is getting way out of hand.

Also, they haven't updated the park map on the Six Flags website.

Okay, once again, let me bring this up:

We're making brash assumptions about what exactly has happened to potentially delay the ride, but until we get any confirmation from the park saying the coaster is delayed, I'm going to assume they know what they're doing.