TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pokemon GO at Theme Parks!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're being VERY smart about this. The game may have staying power, it may not... but to be safe I think jumping in within the first week or two is a smart move. It seems like the parks are all scrambling to strike while the iron's hot.

Who else doesn't play pokemon go aside from me? LOL

I really don't understand the point of the people who seem to be priding themselves on NOT doing something. Here's a news flash for you - No one gives a crap. I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of things that I don't do that other people do, but you don't see me making posts like....

"Who else doesn't listen to country music besides me?" in the country music thread?

"Who else doesn't eat pizza besides me?" in some food thread, etc, etc...

So here's the deal, if you play the game, GREAT! If you don't play the game....

WHY ARE YOU EVEN READING THIS THREAD?!?!?!?

--Robb "Just can't stand pointless stupid posts from moronic people..." Alvey

Magic mountain announced 70 pokestops to all of the SEASONPASS holders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe every Six Flags park did that. I love seeing so many parks and businesses utilize the craze to their advantage...everybody wins: the players and the businesses.

I believe every Six Flags park did that. I love seeing so many parks and businesses utilize the craze to their advantage...everybody wins: the players and the businesses.

I agree 100%

I'm not sure I understand this. How can they be available to only season pass holders? The game has no way of knowing who has a pass.

^ I'm guessing he means that the park told only season pass holders about these 70 pokestops.....like a heads up that they're there.

I think the concept of this game is really great, and I love how it's getting people out and about and active! Hunting for them while at a park has to be pretty fun, as Robb's pictures from Sea World showed!!

I'm not sure I understand this. How can they be available to only season pass holders? The game has no way of knowing who has a pass.

Yeah I was confused by this too. Also 70 Pokestops? That's ridiculously impressive.

I've heard Cedar Point has over 100 but I don't know if that's actually true since I heard it from some random non-enthusiast person on some random forum elsewhere and didn't bother to check.

A 10 second Google search will confirm this!

I've heard Cedar Point has over 100 but I don't know if that's actually true since I heard it from some random non-enthusiast person on some random forum elsewhere and didn't bother to check.

A 10 second Google search will confirm this!

Oh crap, I'm going to need a lot of battery packs with me at Cedar Point!

There`s something that I`m not "getting". There`s so much discussion going on in this thread absout social problems that could be related to Pokemon Go. But why is noone talking about radiation? There are more and more and more things making the use of smartphones and handys attractive...while the World Health Organization (WHO) still says that handy and smartphone radiation could potentially cause cancer. So....would`t it be reasonable to always stay a little careful about everything that makes us use them even more? And if it could cause any kind of damage to brain cells (scientists are not sure about that, no long term studys yet, but it`s possible!) shouldn`t we keep those little machines especially away from our childrens heads?

At this point, there is probably a study out there that says roller coasters are bad for your health because of the G-forces. Everything is going to kill us and everything is going to make us healthier depending on who is funding the study...

Sorry Robb. I meant they put this information out in the Season Pass holder emails they send out every so often

There`s something that I`m not "getting". There`s so much discussion going on in this thread absout social problems that could be related to Pokemon Go. But why is noone talking about radiation? There are more and more and more things making the use of smartphones and handys attractive...while the World Health Organization (WHO) still says that handy and smartphone radiation could potentially cause cancer. So....would`t it be reasonable to always stay a little careful about everything that makes us use them even more? And if it could cause any kind of damage to brain cells (scientists are not sure about that, no long term studys yet, but it`s possible!) shouldn`t we keep those little machines especially away from our childrens heads?

Last I checked no one is playing PokemonGO with their phones on their head. Seriously, this is such an absurd post. I don't even want to get into it....

Last I checked no one is playing PokemonGO with their phones on their head. Seriously, this is such an absurd post. I don't even want to get into it....

Seriously...this is such an absurd reaction, that I don`t even want to start explaning. Oh wait...I just forgot that the microwaves coming from our phones stopp 5 centimeters away from the phone and it does not matter at all how many people surrounding you are "radiating" at the same time

But honestly...I shouldn`t be surprised about those reactions as I always got the impression that very little people here on the forum (is there one or two?) care about health subjects...