TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Frontier City Announces 'Brain Drain'

Lose Your Mind on Frontier City’s All-New Steel Looping 7-Story Thrill Ride

Oklahoma City, OK – Hang on to your hats, Oklahoma. Frontier City’s all-new extreme thrill ride BRAIN DRAIN is going to throw you for a loop this summer – literally!

This exciting thrill ride is seven stories tall (over 72-feet high!) and puts 24 riders face-to-face as they rocket back and forth in suspense before wildly looping in an adrenaline-drenched 360° revolution.

“We are extremely excited to bring this new type of thrill ride to our guests,” says Stephen Ball, Frontier City’s General Manager. “It is the tallest ride to be added to the Frontier City skyline in the past decade and boasts the perfect combination of speed and suspense that is sure to please all thrill-seekers.”

Get unlimited hang time on the Brain Drain and all of the other great rides and attractions at Frontier City and White Water Bay with a Double Park Season Pass! Double Park Season Passes are on sale at http://www.FrontierCity.com for $69.99 thru May 25, 2015. Frontier City will open for the 2015 season on April 11th

1140836159_BDLogo.thumb.jpg.fa0529bf465d3708a4ac75cf38684254.jpg

326471416_ScreenShot2015-02-21at12_19_06.thumb.png.ebb78ecdf9d2ad02b6d7de5a7c99f813.png

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CNL/Premier has done a fantastic job of revitalizing this park and making it relevant again, and I am very excited to see the park get it's first new thrill ride in something like a decade. Even though none of us are going to be impressed by yet another so-so super loop, anything new is a big win for this park after so many years of neglect and then re-building. The only fault I have with it is that they are starting to completely ignore the western theme, which everyone around here seems to enjoy about the park. It's like they got a last minute deal on a second super loop and just copied everything over from DL. I hope they update it to fit into the park next season, similar to how they got the flyers at the last minute last year and didn't "theme" it until this year.

Just to recap about what's gone on at FC over the last few years, since we don't have an official thread: Six Flags pretty more or less ignored the park leading up to its sale in 2007 to CNL/PARC (this despite SF being headquartered in OKC until 2006 ). PARC completely re-built the park's dark ride in it's first year and started the long process of making general repairs to the entire park. In 2007, they built a Vekoma family invert, FC's first new coaster since 1991 and its biggest investment in about as long. PARC ended up defaulting in 2010 and Premier came onto the scene. Premier has finished up fixing up the park, which has included a ton of major infrastructure including new roofs and bathrooms. Premier also intensified the focus on the summer concert series, which has been very successful and has probably done the most to secure the park's financial footing and relevancy. The addition of a large water play structure in 2012 has also helped secure the park's popularity. Last year Premier added a set of flyers and fixed the classic rotor ride that had been dormant for years.

So after all that rebuilding, refocusing, and making the park functional and relevant for families again, it's fantastic to see them go back to adding thrill rides. If this ride is a hit, and I really think it will be, something much bigger should be around the corner...

These names are really gonna confuse me.

It's no worse than Six Flags and their Mind Eraser / Serial Thriller attractions (they named a few flat rides with those names too).

It's being placed between mindbender and the prairie schooner, apparently in that little nook of the park that is filled with games. Taking out more game stalls is always an improvement in my book in any case.

I'd really appreciate a technical explanation for why these rides very suddenly seem to be such good deals for parks. I'm guessing Larson has some sort of stream-lined production process that churns them out for a low unit cost, so the more purchases that are made this year the cheaper they get or something. It's not like super loops are new or highly lauded rides that everyone would suddenly see them and just have to have them in their park. There's got to be some sort of killer deal going on behind the scenes here.

^ Well unfortunately, "some parks" are now doing just that - calling it a coaster.

So anybody that builds one of these now, can call it a coaster? I laughed at

the wording "Multiple Inversions" in the video. Well yeah, what else do you call

going round and round and upside down?

I wonder if the traveling midways that have Ring-s of Fire, will change them

into "coasters" too? At least the sign, I mean?

Meh.

It is nice the park is getting a new ride, flat or coaster.

Fireball.jpg.0eb05c9e63212e020acb578be0268c3d.jpg

Flat? Coaster? Who knows, now?

^ I think that there aren't that many flat rides you can PLUS up, to the size that these

new fireballs/coasters are becoming. That said, There is the Double (seat) Enterprise,

with more capacity, to point to as well. But changing the description of it... well...

It's a risk, whether the gp 'gets it' or not. But then, those who wouldn't ride a FireBall before,

will now ride one, with the name change, lol. And the height, etc.

And I STILL want a ZIPPER plussed up, so it's really REALLY frightening.

zipper.jpg.7c9c0ffd1e64626aea109b491d8acdcc.jpg

Oooooo, maybe turn it into a SQUARE rolling flat!

That will UP the intensity I am sure. (o;

I've gone ahead and updated the first post to reflect the actual press release and announcement of the park. While I get that some of you might have rather have seen something else get added, there was still no reason to have snarky and insulting comments in the initial post. It's somebody's job to put all these materials together and they are not usually the ones making the decisions as to what ride to add to a park. Please at least respect this.

FYI - if you're going to make a post on the forum that is an "announcement post" for a ride, please just post the facts of the ride and the materials that have been made available. The rest of the thread is for whatever comments you want to make.

Thank you.

Edited by robbalvey

omg, FOUR FOOTERS!

Just poking some fun, but in all seriousness, it's great to see the park adding a new thrill ride. As Robb said, probably not what we'd all like to see, but I'd rather see another Super Loop rather than, well, nothing. I think it's a safe bet that something wa done recently to make these rides more attractive to parks, whether that's the marketing of the ride or the price.

I've gone ahead and updated the first post to reflect the actual press release and announcement of the park. While I get that some of you might have rather have seen something else get added, there was still no reason to have snarky and insulting comments in the initial post. It's somebody's job to put all these materials together and they are not usually the ones making the decisions as to what ride to add to a park. Please at least respect this.

FYI - if you're going to make a post on the forum that is an "announcement post" for a ride, please just post the facts of the ride and the materials that have been made available. The rest of the thread is for whatever comments you want to make.

Thank you.

Thanks Robb.

For most of the visitors to the park, a new ride is better than not getting a new ride. Plain and simple.

This. This right here.

What's ironic is how in some park threads people complain that the park should add more flat rides. Well, now we've had a bunch of flat rides that have been added this year, and all I hear is people complaining.

Is it that people are upset that they are adding a flat ride or that some parks are marketing them as the "OMG Best thing ever!" as though Ring of Fire's haven't been around local carnivals for decades?

Personally I feel that parks NEED some flat rides to fill out the balance of a park. And Larry is right, a year where a park adds a smaller sized attraction is always better than a year when they add no attraction.

Edited by robbalvey

If I recall, 3 of the last 4 years the park has added a new attraction. Wild West, the flyers, and now this. The off year they focused on infrastructure improvements mainly to the outdoor theatre. While the amount of money being spent on the park isn't that of adding a B&M or Intamin Mega Light, the money they are spending is making a huge impact on attendance and spend. It's only a matter of time before they get that next big E Ticket

Another one of these rides??? While I may not be excited about what type of ride the park is getting. . . I am excited that they are getting something new. Also, this type of attraction is going to fit in great with the type of people who visit the park. It's a ride that some younger individuals can do, yet it is also something that teens and young adults will be drawn to. While I'm not super stoked about the type of addition from my personal side of things, I am super excited to see the park making an addition that will be good for the park! I mean... It's better than nothing at all!