TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

^Did they confirm they were building a ride for 2016? I didn't know that.

According to First Drop magazine.

"2016 will see the first incarnation that will feature three inversions and a top speed of 110km/h. We will have more details of this amazing looking ride in the next issue."

I put 2+2 together and came to the conclusion they were talking about Wildfire, seeing as by the time the next issue is out the ride will have been anounced. Not definite, but if I were a betting man it is what my money would be on.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"2016 will see the first incarnation that will feature three inversions and a top speed of 110km/h. We will have more details of this amazing looking ride in the next issue."

I put 2+2 together and came to the conclusion they were talking about Wildfire, seeing as by the time the next issue is out the ride will have been anounced. Not definite, but if I were a betting man it is what my money would be on.

Those stats seem great, bit nothing we haven't seen before, just look at outlaw run's stats.

So, what'll be so groundbreaking about the ride?... My guess is a launch, or possibly a 4D free spin train

For those of us in the US, 110 km is over 68 mph. That sounds pretty sweet. If that is Wildfire, then can't wait for the final design and concept art!

I'm not saying this RMC wouldn't be great but unless there is something really unique (maybe a launch) that is not mentioned in that article this is not really the "unbelievable" project Robb told us about.

Still would be pretty awesome to have one here in Europe anyway.

I'm not saying this RMC wouldn't be great but unless there is something really unique (maybe a launch) that is not mentioned in that article this is not really the "unbelievable" project Robb told us about.

If RMC gives a great terrain layout and has some amazing theming, (fire) Robb would love the ride for just that. Definitely not what I would expect to come with Robb's initial reaction, but it wouldn't be unexpected either. I just know I can't wait to know what it actually is!

You know, a ride like Balder didn't really do anything unique, but it was a game changer in that when it was built (and it still is today, IMO), it was the best in it's class. That ride made people stop what they were doing, re-arrange travel plans, and go out and ride it.

I don't understand this mentality that a ride needs a "gimmick" to be a game changer.

^I totally agree that there needs to be no gimmick but it's also hard to predict how good a coaster will be (I don't know about balder but I wans't expecting skyrush to be anything special when I first heard it was getting build, and I think I'm not the only one). What I was trying to say was that it is rather hard to say that a ride ill be awesome before anyone actually rides it because you can have a ride that will be awesome and a "game changer" in terms of intensity and overall awesomeness which could, when people first hear about it, cause no amazing reactions.

So my interpretation of "game changer" was more like something that will blow everyone away when it is announced.

You know, a ride like Balder didn't really do anything unique, but it was a game changer in that when it was built (and it still is today, IMO), it was the best in it's class. That ride made people stop what they were doing, re-arrange travel plans, and go out and ride it.

I don't understand this mentality that a ride needs a "gimmick" to be a game changer.

I wish Alton would take this policy and just get awesome coasters built like they did with Nemesis!

I wish Alton would take this policy and just get awesome coasters built like they did with Nemesis!

To be fair, at the time Nemesis was quite gimmicky. It was the first inverted looping coaster in Europe.

But I know what you mean. The problem with Alton Towers is when it comes to marketing they want to grab as much attention as possible, and gimmicks do that.

I'd love them to build a RMC woodie, surely the UK's first looping wood coaster would be easy enough for them to grab attention with. They could take a leaf out of Kolmarden's book when marketing, I mean look how much attention they are getting with this. There will be alot of people excited for this that had never even heard of the park before, myself included.

Anyway back on topic, am looking forward to this coaster being announced.

If this was a Voyage-length RMC air-time machine built into the terrain, I would call that unbelievable. It doesn't have to be unique, but it's the idea (like Balder) that it's a high quality coaster that will produce a fun, fantastic ride.

If this was a Voyage-length RMC air-time machine built into the terrain, I would call that unbelievable. It doesn't have to be unique, but it's the idea (like Balder) that it's a high quality coaster that will produce a fun, fantastic ride.

Agree... Terrain RMC would be sick

Add a launch and some fire effects, & we have a winner!

SO PUMPED FOR THIS RIDE!.... Only ONE MORE WEEK!!