TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[PC/RCT3] Valley Hills

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to here that this park's storyline will come to a close soon, but at least the journey was fun!

Also, I give you props for introducing a non CT GIB in your park! It's one of the most annoying recreations to make, but it still nonetheless maintains that RCT feel!

Glad to see DÉJÀ VU finally opened!!! Now I can not wait to see what replaces it in a few years!

^Lol. Good update!

Thank you.

I'm sorry to here that this park's storyline will come to a close soon, but at least the journey was fun!

Also, I give you props for introducing a non CT GIB in your park! It's one of the most annoying recreations to make, but it still nonetheless maintains that RCT feel!

Thank you for the compliment. I considered the CS version, but ultimately went with an in-house version. And yes, GIBs are a PAIN to recreate. I had to make this one a bit smaller than the real thing to maintain realism.

Is there any more updates coming soon, or is this the end of Valley Hills?

IMPORTANT

Hello, JonnyRCT3 here.

GREAT NEWS! I wont be moving as soon as I thought I would, so I will be able to continue Valley Hills for a bit longer than I had anticipated. However, I will be extremely busy this summer so I wont have nearly as much time as I used to. Valley Hills will be back up and running here shortly! Thank you all for your continued support!!

14129871019_f50e89640e.jpg

Apple Twists has been relocated to Camp Looney Tunes in order to make way for Superman: UE.

Because of that, it needs a new name and theming. Here is my idea.

Name: Taz Twister

Colors: Yellow & Brown

I had no luck finding a

logo, so you're on your

own.

(P.S. your park is awesome, I'm already hooked.)

YAY! More Valley Hills!
Yay! More Valley Hills it is!

Yes, Valley Hills is back!

This is late and all but i just saw your 2001 park map and I absolutely love the park layout!

Thank you. I've always have 5 year plan, and a 10 year outlook to make sure everything flows well.

Because of that, it needs a new name and theming. Here is my idea.

Name: Taz Twister

Colors: Yellow & Brown

I had no luck finding a

logo, so you're on your

own.

(P.S. your park is awesome, I'm already hooked.)

I'll consider this. However, the ride (as of now) was just a simple relocation, and thank you.

Friday, June 6, 2003

Max Sherman (19) - Kid Town Market cashier

14381216053_ab19f598ce_o.jpg

Hello, Max Sherman here (left). I'm filling in for Devin Smith, he's feeling a bit under the weather this week. Anyways, on to the update!!

14174244539_5def3818ef_o.jpg

Déjà Vu, Valley Hills' most problematic attraction. Not only did it have a delayed opening in 2001, it still manages to frequently stall and have mechanical issues.

14360015984_4be1d421d5_o.jpg

However, Déjà Vu is a huge crowd draw, so the investments does pays off.

14337799726_ccdfe9e62b_o.jpg

Elsewhere in the park; Kanawha Railway experienced an unfortunate event. The chain on the second lift hill finally called it quits after 31 years. A new chain is expected to arrive on Wednesday, and the ride should be up and running by Friday.

14359371962_333600261d_o.jpg

Today was an excellent day to take a splash on Blackwater Falls. This has become a rare site, as management has been tight on budgets this season. Blackwater Falls is a pricey ride to operate due to all the pumps and water treatment involved.

14359382592_4e0e834a6d_o.jpg

Bonus shot, atop RattleSnake's lift. Courtesy of our wonderful maintenance crew!

14360899905_a9e1ac65c7_o.jpg

Uncle Joe's Churros has become a huge success at Six Flags Valley Hills, even with the increased prices this season.

14360020814_8971ca70f2_o.jpg

Most guests are unaware of the extreme ejector air in the back seat of Black Stallion.

14174246229_eabfde2466_o.jpg

Attendance figures went down 7% last season when compared to 2001. Attendance this year has gone up 6% when compared to last year. We haven't broke even yet, but this season looks promising so far.

14359384012_d53f512152_o.jpg

My personal favorite ride at Six Flags Valley Hills is Batman: The Ride. Six inversions of pure adrenaline!

14174434077_ac45ff9dc3_o.jpg

Bonus shot 2, atop Parachute Tower. Hopefully our maintenance crew can do something about Superman's swaying, it has become an engineering nightmare.

-Max Sherman

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Charleston Gazette

Is this the end?

Six Flags Theme Parks, Inc. announced today that Six Flags Valley Hills would be put up for sale in order to alleviate the amusement park company's massive debt. Six Flags Valley Hills isn't the only park the chain is selling off, seven other amusement parks in Europe, and one in Ohio are also up for sale. The parent company, Six Flags Theme Parks, Inc., has accumulated to much debt to financially support all of it's parks, and is now looking for a way to alleviate said debt.

14206438160_96d5a4225f_o.jpg

Six Flags Valley Hills' management will temporarily be transferred back to the City for the time being, before an official sale ensues. The City wants to maintain the park for as long as possible as it provides millions in tourists and tax revenue.

Parks spokesperson, Devin Smith, was not available to comment.

14389641771_6acd5ab4b4_o.jpg

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Maybe Cedar Fair will buy it!

Ehh, that seems a little too to Geauga Lake-y for me ( )... Personally kind of hoping for an original re-opened park, maybe something like Kentucky Kingdom?

Cedar Fair should buy Valley Hills, but please don't pull a Geauga Lake on it!

Ehh, that seems a little too to Geauga Lake-y for me ( )... Personally kind of hoping for an original re-opened park, maybe something like Kentucky Kingdom?

In 2004, Cedar Fair acquired Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure/Geauga Lake, And Until Paramount Parks, had never acquired more than 1 park in a year (Unless you count Knott's/Camp Snoopy)

In 2004, Cedar Fair acquired Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure/Geauga Lake, And Until Paramount Parks, had never acquired more than 1 park in a year (Unless you count Knott's/Camp Snoopy)

Anything is possible!

I love the style you've done this park in. It beckons me back to the simpler days of park building when I could just have fun and build without obsessing over every tiny detail. You've made creative use of some limited pieces and I love the blend of in-game stuff with custom stuff. I also love your coaster layouts, they go excellent in a SIx Flags park, and top notch job on supporting. I'm loving seeing this develop. A couple tips though. One thing is that your tree cover is extremely sparse, and it can conflict with some points on your paths where the vegetation invades on the paths. Try and bring in the environment, not keep it out. Open spaces and rest areas will really help the flow of your park. Also don't be afraid to experiment with height changes. Subtle elevation changes is free realism without having to use any scenery. The same goes for terrapainting. You've got a lot of grass, I would try and blend some dirt and rock and such through the groundcover instead of just having the dirt patches where rides are. But all in good time! 20 pages in I feel like you don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Keep developing things and don't be afraid to try and mix it up and develop your park beyond what the timeline dictates.