TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[PC/RCT3] Valley Hills

Please excuse my ignorance of RCT3 as I'm a RCT2 guy, but are there any custom skyride cars you can use that look more like Von Roll cars because those are horrendous.

I know this is no fault of yours by the way but I had to ask, as far as the park it's very nice as a whole. Nice work.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse my ignorance of RCT3 as I'm a RCT2 guy, but are there any custom skyride cars you can use that look more like Von Roll cars because though are horrendous.

I know this is no fault of yours by the way but I had to ask, as far as the park it's very nice as a whole. Nice work.

Thank you for the compliment.

Those are in-game gondolas. There are some great looking skyride gondolas, however, they are only animated scenery. I needed something to physically transport riders, not just for aesthetics.

Plus, I was aiming for something similar to this.

link

That's a shame. If you're stuck using that type of Gondola I'd probably lower the towers a little bit... they're generally a lot lower to the ground than Von Roll skyrides (which are around the same height of what you have now). If you can add on some more cars that might help too since they are usually very close together on those types of rides.

It's a shame RCT3 is so limiting with Skyrides, I never realized that.

New for 1996 ZERO. The all new record breaking fence.

Still better than a Vekoma Boomerang.

Well that's cool and all, but what is it? Is it a Morgan Hyper Coaster?
Hmm, interesting... from what I can see from what you've given, I have no idea what it is. My money is on a record-breaking B&M or Arrow, because those were popular ride choices then, but we'll have to wait and see!

Wow, I'm surprised no one was able to guess this one. I thought the small footprint & the deep hole would surely give it away.

I thank you all for the feedback!

Friday, May 10, 1996

Devin Smith - park spokesperson

Valley Hills is proud to introduce the worlds tallest vertical drop ride, ZER0, new for 1996!

Towering 272 feet into the horizon, ZER0 will provide guests with an exhilarating free fall experience, matched by no other. Riders will board one of five gondolas then ascend the immense tower at a brisk 11 mph. At apex, riders will be suspended 272' above Valley Hills, with absolutely nothing beneath their feet.

Anxiety will begin to build, anticipation is at its peak, rider's survival instincts engage as they prepare for the inevitable drop. Riders will then experience nearly 4 seconds of zero gravity during the free fall, reaching speeds in excess of 60 mph! Truly a world record breaking attraction, that can only be found at Valley Hills.

-Devin Smith

Advertisement

13915223112_ac035b8430_o.jpg

ZER0, the worlds tallest vertical drop ride!

13915854631_b02e754ae8_o.jpg

Height: 272.3'

13938343195_bcb8ae2e72_o.jpg

Drop: 242.8'

13915237126_0da64ca0cf_o.jpg

Speed: 68.3 mph

13938833745_742abba087_o.jpg

Duration of ZERO gravity: 3.8 seconds

13939280984_d2a3040d7f_o.jpg

Capacity: 600 riders per hour

13939284654_944488a69d_o.jpg

Duration: 50 seconds max

13915839172_0b859cc91a_o.jpg

Manufacturer / Model: Intamin / Giant Drop Ride

13938800324_19200b2b31_o.jpg

Investment: $9,000,000 USD

-Valley Hills

Is there any way I can get that CFR for Treetop Flyers?

I'm honestly not sure exactly what it is. But I do remember it being named "Green Tree". I hope that helps.

Awesome addition! I hope to see a trip report soon.
Is anything going to happen to the Freefall attraction?
This is awesome! I really like the story line and the park. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thank you all for your support & feedback! Every last comment is appreciated and will be taken into consideration. And for one follower in particular, there will be a special treat coming just for you. I will try and post an update on the park soon. It will answer all the lingering questions.

Monday, June 3, 1996

Tom Keystone (25) - regular guest

It's great to finally be back at the Valley after the long off-season. When I first entered the park, I was asked if I would like to take a survey. The survey had some of weird and off-the-wall questions. Like: "do you like to go to the movies?", and "Do you think you will loose your fingers during a ride?" It was very interesting, but I couldn't be bothered to finish, since I wanted to get some riding in.

13955189866_6094ae43e2_o.jpg

This years new hotness, ZER0, "The worlds most daring vertical drop ride." as some like to call it. I couldn't be bothered to ride due to the queue reaching past the rides exit (pictured).

13978716824_95e1b46d11_o.jpg

One of my favorite flat rides ever, Buccaneer. No trip is complete without at least one whirl on this baby.

13978289505_e17bb5696d_o.jpg

It was only 85°F, but with humidity reaching 33%, I needed a nice cool-down with Wild Waters. The ride isn't nearly as intense as Blackwater Falls, but I find it much more enjoyable due to it's scenic course.

13955182226_66c0c540c2_o.jpg

I still remember my first ride on Kanawha Railway. It is somewhat mediocre, but its hidden surprises make up for it. The twisted tunnel, and the underground drop are intense, and a bit much for a 'family' oriented coaster.

13975083032_24e8fde6a9_o.jpg

Music Box, infamously known as the "Vomit Box." The ride is surprisingly intense, but I always pass this one up. There is always always someone blowing chunks on, or after this ride. No thank you.

13975067201_a5dcffcd6b_o.jpg

Uncle Joe's Churros was a pleasant surprise. These treats are absolutely delicious!! 5 for $4 was the today's special, and it was worth it. The vendor is easily the most popular at the Valley Market, I can see why.

13978704114_6cae4c27d6_o.jpg

I decided to give Dodge 'Em a try since it almost never has a long line. It was rather entertaining, but nothing spectacular. It's your run of the mill bumper cars, but with a horrendous paint job. I think it needs an upgrade, PRONTO!

13975062602_58d821e6b5_o.jpg

Random fact: Trout Spin turns 19 this year, and also marks its 20th operating season. Trout Spin is the worlds first permanent Enterprise installation ,and the first one ever in the western hemisphere. The ride is still as smooth as I remember it 10 years ago.

13978706734_06b2e630ac_o.jpg

The humidity did drop a bit, but I still took a ride on Blackwater Falls; taking advantage of the short 15 minute queue. I later regretted it since it took me 25 minutes to dry off.

13978278665_279eda1a15_o.jpg

RattleSnake has actually dropped to no.2 on my list. Black Stallion has it beat by miles in the airtime department though. My favorite seat is still in the back. Airtime galore!

13975115871_c5641c5a59_o.jpg

Another wonderful eatery is the Cobblestone Cafe, complete with a very lovely entrance patio.

13955167436_61a2b8c6a7_o.jpg

Cobblestone Cafe has aged some over the years. It's not the once 'cozy' and 'secluded' area it was once known for. Nevertheless, it still has some awesome pizza.

13978750024_3e1c5cb70b_o.jpg

Just as I was finishing my pineapple pizza (it truly is delicious) everyone was being cleared from the vicinity for a V.I.P. guest.

13975079811_94028be6d4_o.jpg

Apparently, he's from some big-wig ride manufacturer. I don't recall the name though. Hmm...

13998305433_6cf8d7012e_o.jpg

After getting booted from the picnic area, I took a stroll towards the other side of the park. I was able to get this snazzy photo of Blackwater Falls, Parachute Tower, Apple Twists, and Sun Spin.

13975131081_969ba8370e_o.jpg

Towering Inferno is still popular, even with the all new ZER0. I don't think this one will be going anywhere for quite some time.

13998307593_cd9534e76d_o.jpg

A beautiful sunset ended my day at Valley Hills. I never had the chance to ride ZER0, so hopefully next month I will be able to catch a ride.

Your #1 Valley Hills fan,

Tom Keystone

A big contractor? Hmmm....... Valley Hills could get a new coaster! A B&M Invert would be cool Also, I think this is the first time I have posted on this thread so let me just say this park is awesome!

I second this. A B&M Invert would be a nice route to go to for the park.

A big contractor? Hmmm....... Valley Hills could get a new coaster! A B&M Invert would be cool Also, I think this is the first time I have posted on this thread so let me just say this park is awesome!

Thank you! Yes, the contractor is from a coaster company, but you'll find out which one very soon.

I see your talking the Dorney route with the multiple drop towers ... All you need now is a Space Shot and then Valley Hills and Dorney will be neck and neck

Cedar Point had Demon drop & Power tower, and now Dorney.

Valley Hills has a total of three drop towers now: Towering Inferno, Frog Hopper, and ZER0.

^ The park already has an Intamin Stand-up

Thank you. It would've only taken a little reading to figure that out.

Wednesday, September 18, 1996

Charleston Gazette

$11.5 million for 1997

Valley Hills Amusement Park announced today that they are making the largest single capital investment in the park's 24 year history. The attraction is slated to open next year, and will occupy the former Cobblestone Cafe site. Valley Hill's spokesperson, Devin Smith, had this to say:

"Valley Hills will be celebrating its 25 birthday next season. All of us here at the park want to ensure that this anniversary will not be forgotten for many seasons to come. Valley Hill's parent company, Premiere Parks Inc., has ushered in a new age of development for the park, and next year’s addition will be the largest of them all. I cannot reveal too much, however, the future attraction has been in the planning stages for about a year now, and will cost approximately $11.5 million"

Tom Keystone - regular guest

14021633831_f028260de7_o.jpg

Five weeks ago, the Cobblestone Cafe gave its final order and closed for good. The 21 year old attraction has given me wonderful childhood memories. (taken five weeks ago)

14025282534_39351c4b77_o.jpg

The season may be coming to a close this weekend, but construction at Valley Hills is in full swing. The first thing I noticed was the supports, which are unique to hanging-track coasters.

14024847395_55d362ceea_o.jpg

The construction site is awfully large, even more so than Black Stallion 's. This thing is going to be MASSIVE! Hopefully this is a B&M inverted coaster; I prefer those over any Vekoma SLC.

14021644352_cca8a58f7b_o.jpg

The old Mountain View sign now sports a new banner, quite odd. What could this mean?

14021648282_127938465e_o.jpg

Since this was my last visit of the season, I stayed all day. When I exited the park, I noticed this.

-Tom Keystone