TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Update Thread!

Excited to see a traditional, old-school TPR style report!

I totally agree about the runners! I have walked a ton of 5Ks. I did the Disneyland one this year (not again, not worth the money) and I was dying as people were cheering for us at the end and saying, "You're AMAZING!" and "Don't give up!" Really? Most of America can walk a few miles, even with no training. It was weird and I only noticed it there. Also, I took my medal off as soon as I got it.

Looking forward to more!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that you included the vine videos in the update.

Thanks! I've been trying to do that more and more. Glad to see they are working ok for everyone.

The little Vine videos are nice additions.

TPR's Orlando Trip 2013!

Ok, Part 3 of our Orlando October 2013 Trip Report! For this update, if we get 25 responses in the forum, I'll give away some Bags-O-Crap!

A Halloween tradition for TPR for many years has been Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! We *LOVE* this seasonal event! And this trip report will show you why...

Link: http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=116&linkid=13170

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Edited by robbalvey

YESSSS!!!! Belle likes us!!! Although, she did tell me that as much as she would like to go out on a date, she remains loyal to The Beast. *sigh* Maybe next time...

Offer to show her a "real beast" the next time you're at Magic Kingdom.

Mickey's Not So Scary is a great event.

Edited by cfc

Love the reports. Trying ti be more active in the forums haha. Couple of things, as someone new to the Run Disney, I understand your frustrations and completely agree! Unfortunately I caught myself wearing the medal the day after the race, but haven't worn it since! (Sitting on my cubicle wall at work haha). I did wear the race shirt a few weeks later, as did many others, but I don't think that's as in your face as the medals.

As for the top three annoying groups, absolutely spot on. But I'd have to have a tie for third for people riding ECV's. I'm not the most athletic guy, but anyone else immediately think of WALL-E when they see some people on those things?

Rant over! Haha.

That said, love the idea of a Global TPR Update post rather than the mini Trip Reports!

love the idea of a Global TPR Update post rather than the mini Trip Reports!

We will still do the mini trip reports when we are on the road and it's impossible for me to do a full TR based on how long it takes, but I do want to get caught up on the many full trip reports that we have from over the years!

I clicked on the YouTube link and now have a song I never heard before stuck in my head. BOO TO YOU! One of these years I will go to Mickey's Not So Scary event. It always looks like a great event.

By the way, that sushi looks really good at Splitsville.

I was surprised by how flavors of Triscuits they are now the last time I was at Vons. They were at least 12 different flavors including 6 different flavors from the Brown Rice baked with Red Bean Line. Being on sale for $1.77 a box and with a $1 off two boxes coupon, I bought two boxes: Dill & Olive Oil and Brown Rice baked with Red Bean: Roasted Red Pepper. What flavors did you get TP Dave?

Also as someone else mentioned, I really enjoyed the old school format of this TR report. Looks like a fun stay-cation for those of you living in Orlando, and a fun vacation for those of you flying in.

I was surprised by how flavors of Triscuits they are now the last time I was at Vons. They were at least 12 different flavors including 6 different flavors from the Brown Rice baked with Red Bean Line. Being on sale for $1.77 a box and with a $1 off two boxes coupon, I bought two boxes: Dill & Olive Oil and Brown Rice baked with Red Bean: Roasted Red Pepper. What flavors did you get TP Dave?

My main addiction the the black pepper and olive oil ones, the were on sale @ 2 for $5 which was fine for me. I had to buy a second bag to get them home though!

The WDW Halloween event is amazing. Loved seeing the new Fantasyland stuff, and the castle projection show. What a great evening.

dt

I had not realized how many of our group had not seen the castle projection show before. Personally, I like it better than bigger shows like World Of Color just because it's such a nice surprise and it's very easily accessible.

Of course, the one in Paris is even better as it pretty much rolls World of Color, Illuminations, and the Castle Projection show all into one amazing show-gasm!

^"Hi. My name is Dave, and I'm a Triscuit addict."

"Hi, Dave."

Welcome to the club, Dave.

Me and David love them too. We buy them all the time.

My fave is Dill & Sea Salt. His is Rosemary & Olive Oil.

I had not realized how many of our group had not seen the castle projection show before. Personally, I like it better than bigger shows like World Of Color just because it's such a nice surprise and it's very easily accessible.

Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of any of the nighttime shows. I enjoy Illuminations, but I don't go out of my way to see it. I walked out of World of Color before it was over when I was there last month, and haven't seen Fantasmic at DHS in several years. With that said, I love the castle projection shows. I make sure to see it at least once every time I'm in Orlando.

^ I feel *EXACTLY* the same way about night time shows. When I do end up seeing Illuminations, I usually end up making the call to watch it about 45 seconds before it starts. That's what I like about the castle projection show. It's accessible. You can decide to watch it 5 seconds before it begins and pretty much get the same experience. World of Color annoys me because there is so much planning and annoyance that goes into to having to see it (same with WDW's Fantastic, which I've still never seen.)

If I have to wait for a show, get a "ShowPass" or put forth ANY effort other than "Oh, there's a show going on? Sure. I guess I'll watch..." I'm out.

I still haven't seen DL's Fantasmic, but I've heard it's pretty fantastic. I was planning on seeing it the day that we were all there during WCB, but it got so packed with all the stupid Dapper Days people that I just gave up and left. Based on your comments, I wouldn't even waste time on the DHS show if I were you. I don't understand the hype, and it's an absolute mob of people. Not my idea of how to end a day at the park.

My mom used to make us get a spot for the parades/Illuminations/Fantasmic an hour before the show started, and it always drove me crazy. I just don't care enough about those things to waste that much time! I think you nailed it on why the castle show works. If you're anywhere near Main Street, you'll have a decent view of the show. Same with Wishes.

**Edit: I wanted to add that I do enjoy the Boo to You parade. Unfortunately, I clicked on one of the Vines earlier and the song has been in my head all day!

^ World of Color annoys me because there is so much planning and annoyance that goes into to having to see it (same with WDW's Fantastic, which I've still never seen.)

If I have to wait for a show, get a "ShowPass" or put forth ANY effort other than "Oh, there's a show going on? Sure. I guess I'll watch..." I'm out.

My parents and I passed on World of Color a couple of years ago for the same reason--it was just too much trouble to see a bunch of pretty fountains.

Same. I'm not much of a "show person", so putting extra effort into seeing one is just not going to happen. Like you said, you can just "show up" for the castle projection show, and see and enjoy it. Anything that involves effort (like Fantasmic or WoC) are just going to be things I'm never going to experience, as it takes too much time away from doing other things that don't require sitting around and waiting.

dt