TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^Thank you. I loved walking through TMLR when I worked at the park. There's a A LOT more than people think that goes into making a water ride run. TMLR is one of Knott's most popular attractions.

Here is a short video i made of the behind the scene tour of Xcelerator!

For me this was the highlight of the whole event and was truly awesome! The smell of the hydraulic room alone would have been worth it!

Great video! I'm very jealous.. Thanks for sharing.

^^ No problem, Thanks you both for your support!

^The video got mostly everything about the tour, But my favorite part was the smell of the hydraulic room!

I'll bet!!! My background is engineering, so I would've love the sights and explanations. I wish I came. I stayed in Santa Clarita (near Magic Mountain) and cursed the rain all day. I was hoping for more rides there.

For me this was the highlight of the whole event and was truly awesome! The smell of the hydraulic room alone would have been worth it!

I just looked at your video again and the train launch almost looked like a rollback. It cleared the top very slowly. I've never seen or experienced a rollback on either Xcelerator or Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. I'd give anything to experience that...

As a former XC operator short shots with guests were very rare. When they happened, the rider's screams changed pitch from when the train launched to when the train stall would at the top of the Tophat for a couple seconds. The look on the guest's face was priceless when they returned to the station.

A bit belated but a HUGE THANK YOU KNOTTS! They pulled out all the stops for us at WCB. And despite the rain, which to me actually made the day far more fun and memorable, this tops my list of one of the best days I've had in a park. The Log Flume 3 times in the rain was priceless! The windseeker/WCb tshirt was a great suprise, and thank you for that! Oh and If any one from Knotts is reading this, the girls running Sierra Sidewinder for ERT and the day were great! Suggesting different ways to distribute our weight and get us to spin more, and even calling in to get us 1 extra final ride in the rain! Really just a huge thank you to the whole Knotts team! My friends and I can't wait for our next visit!

PS - Sit Down!

I just looked at your video again and the train launch almost looked like a rollback. It cleared the top very slowly. I've never seen or experienced a rollback on either Xcelerator or Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. I'd give anything to experience that...

I watched 3 of the test launches. The first one rolled back and you can see the footage of it rolling back into the station, Wish i would have had my camera out for the rollback. The 2nd it stalled up top for about 6 seconds, and the 3rd one it just kinda creeped over. It was fun to watch.

^^ lol i could only imagine how many people think the ride isn't made to do that. Dumb GP

^ the Girls at Sierra for the night ERT were awesome and very nice! Those girls deserve some recognition!

They taught us great ways to spin on the ride.

Edited by gdoggy1678

^Problem is they say those last few words so quickly that the average guest watching it will not even realize what was just said. "So, this ride actually DOES go backwards? I'm not riding it now......" Can't tell ya how many times I heard that one, but I think it is without question agreed universally that the faces and emotions of the returning guests from a short shot are nothing short but priceless. "So hey........welcome back! Did you have fun? "

I was at Knotts today (Friday afternoon), and here is my report. Xcelerator was running 2 trains this afternoon. The catch car was very slow returning to the station so dispatches were very slow. At 6:20 the ride went down hard. I left at 7:05 (no dispatches with people on) since I was getting cold and bored.

Silver Bullet is running 2 trains again.