TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ A few people have posted that they're going. I'm planning on going, but I'm waiting a little longer before getting my ticket so that I'm sure I'll be in town.

I must have missed those. My possible +1 will know for sure later on this week, so thats as far as I will wait on getting tickets.

Yea, cause this year's Haunt should be pretty good. And based off what I hear...I think TRAPPED is going to be the best maze this year and would be worth the upcharge

The only thing that scares me about parks doing thinks like upcharge mazes is that the quality of the other "free" mazes will go down. I don't mind park's adding new upcharge mazes for the people who want more but please don't cause it to reduce quality in the other mazes.

^Unless they are throwing HHN budget at a maze, I am sure Trapped will just be like all the other mazes with some effects that are not normally up to building code (tight spaces, make you crawl, etc.).

A unique experience to Haunt for sure, but I'm not expecting to be wowed.

I'm surprised no one mentioned a mack water coaster...

Sea World San Diego Has one just an hour or two south...and considering Knott's hasn't worked with Mack on any big project like this, it seems highly unlikely.

They should probably get rid of Silver Bullet. Stat.

^ Silver Bullet is faster, longer, and taller than Batman and so the GP views it as the superior coaster to Batman so there is no way this baby is going anywhere soon. Sure in actuality which coaster is better overall is a lot closer of a battle than just stats, a battle Batman probably wins because of it's intensity and force, but to the GP Silver Bullet is bigger, so therefore better. Plus Silver Bullet is just a more fun ride overall that younger kid's can enjoy because of it not being super intense.

^ It's not a big deal it's just not something to be considered major.

Any kind of a coaster would be considered a major deal for the park, Sierra Sidewinder was heavily advertised when it opened.

I mean major in terms of actual scope and scale of the project. Not on how the park advertises their new attraction. I understand what your saying though, although any new attraction at any theme park is heavily advertised.

Umlook at this interesting deveopment posted by the oc register

"Knott's Berry Farm Perilous Plunge thrill-seekers take the first ride of the day on the last day of the ride before it closes permanently to the public after 12 years. The three-minute ride plunges 115 feet into water which usually soaks riders. Officials were mum on what ride will replace it but did said a bridge and water will remain.

MINDY SCHAUER, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER"

Here is the link http://www.ocregister.com/news/ride-370291-plunge-knott.html