TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Just a quick question, which I don't think has been answered yet... when Windseeker was originally going to replace the observation tower, it was going to have a big K on top of it as a homage. Since it was moved and the other tower is staying, will Windseeker still have a K?

I was at Knott's yesterday for a Chicken Dinner (even though it was lunch time).

Windseeker is big, but not as intimidating as I expected. Xcelerator looks great! From what I could tell, it's entirely been repainted. Finally, while heading to the restaurant, I watched Ghostrider during the MCBR.. wow! It really stops.. and it slowly crept toward the drop. I did NOT go into the park - I haven't renewed my pass yet and I was in a hurry.

Here are some linked photos; I would upload them, but my internet speeds are as slow as Ghostrider after the MCBR.

Disney has the backside of water? How about the backside of Pony Express?

Wow, talk about perfect timing.. and my phone actually cooperated with taking the photo!

The original diner.. a quaint little building.

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed (I admit that I haven't had time to read through this entire thread), but what's going on with the Sky Cabin? If I'm remembering correctly, it closed for a while leading up to the announcement that Windseeker would replace it, then Kinzel changed the park change the location to Fiesta Village, and now it's remained closed ever since. Is there work being done to re-open it? Or is the speculation that it may make way for another ride?

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed (I admit that I haven't had time to read through this entire thread), but what's going on with the Sky Cabin? If I'm remembering correctly, it closed for a while leading up to the announcement that Windseeker would replace it, then Kinzel changed the park change the location to Fiesta Village, and now it's remained closed ever since. Is there work being done to re-open it? Or is the speculation that it may make way for another ride?

I don't know if i heard it at WCB, or where, but they were supposed to fix whatever was wrong with it and have it running again. Of course, I don't think anythings been done to it yet, so who knows if that's still true.

^ Once they restore/replace the windows on it, I'd love to ride it again. I've been on it once and couldn't even take pictures because of the foggy glass/plexiglass Otherwise, there's some neat views. Ad a soundtrack like SFMM's Sky Tower elevator, and you're set.

^ Ah, thanks for clarifying. I suppose if you get a knowledgeable employee, it would suffice.

On the other hand, I must not have been paying attention when I rode it because I didn't hear a darn thing.

2012 - Giga Coaster - Rumor - (6/27/11) This rumor is a bit out there… so please take it all with a big chunk of salt in case it’s entirely bogus, but I’ve been sent a short list of very impressive stats for what Knott’s next coaster project MIGHT BE. As I said… this is all very out there right now, and if these stats are even close to being true for a possible 2012 project, Knott’s is going to have to start work on this project very soon.

Now, you might be asking yourselves, if the rumor is so wild, why do I post it at all? Simply because the stats match up with what I’ve been hearing about for the past year… that Knott’s was in the process of designing their version of version of Intimidator. This is said to be an Intamin Giga-coaster of the highest degree, with a custom layout inspired by both Intimidator 305 and Millennium Force. In short, Knott’s could be on the verge of building what many might consider to be the best roller coaster in the world.

While I don’t know anything really solid about the layout, it very well could travel throughout quite a bit of the park. Many might recall all those crazy survey markings that appeared throughout about half of the park about a year ago. The overall length of the ride is rumored to be just shy of 6000 feet, putting it just slightly behind Disney’s California Screamin’ coaster in overall length. As for the height… we’re talking about a coaster that could stand just shy of 340 feet with an amazing 85º first drop back down to Earth. As long as the actual height of the first drop was at least 328 feet, I believe the top speed of this coaster would hit at least 100 mph. That would make this ride the tallest and fastest NON-LAUNCHED coaster in the entire world. One for the record books for sure… now if only our crystal ball is clear on this one. Wait and see… wait and see…

Discuss...

Could Knotts be hinting about another possible new attraction? Let the speculation begin......

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150203692005876&set=a.104124665875.103406.10286130875&type=1&theater

^Wondering if there's a link between the world record they can't talk about yet and the continued rumblings and rumors of their next major coaster.

Edited by SuperShawn