Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would have:

1 - Inverted

2 - Floorless/Sitting

3 - Hyper

4 - Flying

5 - Wing

5 - Standup

Haven't had the chance to try a dive machine.

There isn't really a type that I don't like, even the standups may be enjoyable and I think it's a interesting experience.

I actually had quite a tough time deciding the way the top 2 would go as I really enjoy floorless/sitting coaster. My favourite ride is a B&M sitting coaster, so... There is something about the floorless ones I've ridden that, despite not being super intense, manages to pack a nice ride with usually a decent pacing and nice combinations of elements. It's hard to explain but it makes me really enjoy them.

Am I the only person ever who actually likes stand-ups?

I do like them. Just like the other ones more. I think they're a rather fun experience. I've never had a "guy problem" while riding and even though my legs were a bit punished it didn't bother me that much. The only thing I'm not a fan of if how they seem to be a bit on the rough side, compared to other B&Ms.

As a whole I think I have to go with inverts here. Every B&M invert I've ridden has delivered a great, smooth ride. This is true about most B&M coasters but inverts usually pack a little bit more of a punch.

That being said my favorite B&M overall is absolutely Kumba. The way it rips through every single element is amazing.

1 Hyper

2 Dive Machine

3 Inverts

4 Sit Down/ Floorless (they are too similar to judge in separate categories)

5 Flying (ive only been on one, Ultimate Flight, so its hard to rate on a mediocre rated flyer)

6 Stand Up (not because of the groin but my ankles hurt so bad after it)

I get to go on Gatekeeper and X flight this summer so i can finally add winged coasters to the list!

I have yet to ride a wing or sit-down from B&M, so let's compare what I have so far. I will include my favorite of each kind as well.

1. Flyer (Tatsu)

2. Invert (Alpengeist)

3. Hyper (Apollo's Chariot)

4. Dive (Griffon)

5. Floorless (Scream)

6. Stand-up (CGA Vortex; RR doesn't get brownie points for its trains' restraint issues)

Invert

Sit Down

Floorless

Dive Machine

Hyper

Flyer

Stand Up

Wing Coaster

Holy hyperbole...

I would probably rank them:

Invert

Hyper

Kumba/Dominator

Dive

All other Sitdown/Floorless/Wing

Flyer

Standup

Judging by POVs, I'm sure my opinion on Flyers will be tweaked if I ever get to Sky Scrapper.

I've never ridden a flying, but if any of them are as good as Firehawk I would rank them very highly.

1). Invert (Banshee, Montu, Alpengeist, Great Bear, Raptor)

2). Wing Coaster (Gatekeeper)

3). Standup (Mantis)

4). Hyper (Diamondback, Apollos Chariot)

5). Floorless (BTDK, Kraken)

6). Sit down (Kumba)

Wait till you ride Parrot Coaster. Haven't been on Baco but I assume the back row of Parrot Coaster is worse than Baco's back row.

If you think Parrot coaster is rough, you are not ready for Baco!

Parrot Coaster's experience varies a lot from train to train. There are three trains with different LED colors: red, green and blue. The train with red lights is GateKeeper rough but the train with green lights is Boomerang in bad shape during the boomerang element rough. Imagine going over the boomerang element on a bad Boomerang with the old Arrow train for two minutes.

Invert

Sit Down

Floorless

Dive Machine

Hyper

Flyer

Stand Up

Wing Coaster

Holy hyperbole...

I'm not exaggerating at all. This is my personal opinion. I think Wing Coasters are either too rough (Parrot Coaster), too boring (X-Flight) or too rough+boring (Gatekeeper).

I'm not exaggerating at all. This is my personal opinion. I think Wing Coasters are either too rough (Parrot Coaster), too boring (X-Flight) or too rough+boring (Gatekeeper).

Fair enough. Was just giving you a hard time.

I must say though, I don't get the roughness complaint when it comes to Gatekeeper. There was admittedly some rattle last year in the outside seats but even then I would've stopped well shy of calling it rough. This year, I find the ride to be quite smooth front to back - rumor is, they tweaked wheel compounds/combinations late last year or in the offseason.

Wait till you ride Parrot Coaster. Haven't been on Baco but I assume the back row of Parrot Coaster is worse than Baco's back row.

If you think Parrot coaster is rough, you are not ready for Baco!

Parrot Coaster's experience varies a lot from train to train. There are three trains with different LED colors: red, green and blue. The train with red lights is GateKeeper rough but the train with green lights is Boomerang in bad shape during the boomerang element rough. Imagine going over the boomerang element on a bad Boomerang with the old Arrow train for two minutes.

Invert

Sit Down

Floorless

Dive Machine

Hyper

Flyer

Stand Up

Wing Coaster

Holy hyperbole...

GK is still rough in some spots - sometimes more than last year, it seems - but seems to be extremely smooth up front.